Heres a couple of shots of the current local 150's. about to be split having worked down ECS from Westbury. The FGW one will shortly re-position into platform 2 ready for the morning rush.

post-6849-0-47579900-1333483824.jpg

post-6849-0-77583400-1333483825.jpg

I've done a bit more scenic work up at the bridge end. When I say scenic work, what I actually mean is poured a load of pva on to the board and covered it with some woodlands scenic turf stuff! I would like to try static grass at some point, but that can wait..

No bag modelled yet though Phil!

Cheers

Scott

# basket liner isnt stuck down yet on the embankment and the buildings are only there for ideas#

Time for a change of scenery. Don't worry i'm not destroying anything!

Just thought I'd post a picture of the what was stabling point. I've decided to change it to an oil terminal. Obviously its still in the early statges. I need to finish off the pipework, ballasting and perimeter fence. Theres plenty to keep me busy.

post-6849-0-27952100-1333313038.jpg

Now to do some research on weathering TTA's!

Cheers

Scott

There are a couple of topics on here about TTA and weathering.

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

Grimley I have been looking for an appropriate 60, I quite fancy a tatty looking EWS one but struggling to find one at the moment. But a 60 will certainly get a look in. Although at the moment Colas have the contract for the current TTA's, but whose to say a further service won't visit Redbrook.

Haven't had much time this week for modelling but after passing Westerleigh fuel terminal yesterday and seeing a 60 there, I thought I would take a shot of my 60 arriving with empties.

post-6849-0-43347300-1334174887.jpg

Still plenty to do a this end of the layout but im getting there slowly.

Cheers

Scott

Thanks chaps, I have a plan for tomorrow night, the wife is out so I shall have to remain inside the house with the kiddie winks. An ideal opportunity to have a go at weathering the very clean TTA's, I've removed the mobil logos ready for the big event..

Cheers

Scott

Evening,

Firstly the TTA weathering failed to take place, the kids decided it would be more fun running riot than sleeping..

The Xcountry voyager made its way to Leaford on Sunday, via Melksham.. The fitters are bloomin quick at Leaford because by 1030 this morning I had a voice mail saying the work was complete! Now thats good going. It will be remaining at Leaford for at least a week until a relief driver with the relevant knowledge can drive it back to Redbrook.

I have laid another pipe in the oil terminal and have started to construct the loading/unloading hose pipe thingy majigs.. I have also ballasted the bay platform line, just need to weather it now and fence it off.

I've got a busy week ahead of me so not sure that I'll get out to the layout this week, which is frustrating as I have lots to do on it.

Thats it for news from Redbrook.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

The fitters are bloomin quick at Leaford because by 1030 this morning I had a voice mail saying the work was complete! Now thats good going.

Must have been the early shift working on it then. Good to hear you're making positive progress and not ripping it all up again after picking up ideas yesterday! Actually managed a couple of hours in the loft myself last night covering up the last of the bare baseboard at the station end with ground cover and bedding in the staff block.

Enjoy the training!

• 2 weeks later...

Evening,

Just a brief update.. the XC voyager remains at Leaford on driver training and is expected to make its way south in May, en route to the Swanage diesel gala. Which means I'm going to have to tidy up the garage for the visitors...

The weathering of the TTA's was a complete disaster. Got it horribly wrong and it just didnt look right at all. Just having a rethink now on my options. Not sure whether to send them off to someone skilled at weathering. I'd rather pay then muck it up again if you pardon the pun.

There have been a couple of interesting movements at Redbrook today.

Due to the failing of the DRS cruise saver train today 2 37's took over. 37038 made an appearance to assist with the reversal at the docks. Whilst it was waiting it was captured at Redbrook in platform 2.

post-6849-0-55020900-1335468143.jpg

Once its duties were performed it was seen later leaving on a departmental service to Hinskey yard, deputising for the normal DBS 66. It will make its way back to Crewe after that.

post-6849-0-12014600-1335468145.jpg

A bit of excitement the same day when the crew of 70001 smelt smoke whilst arriving at Redbrook, they made it to platform 2 where the local fire service attended and made safe.

post-6849-0-63316800-1335468146.jpg

No obvious damage but just to make sure, the local shunter dragged it to a siding to enable the mobile fitter to have a look.

post-6849-0-03524000-1335468148.jpg

Turns out it was smoke from a nearby bonfire at the factory unit. Cant blame the crew for being twitchy after the recent class 70 incidents though.

Not much more to add, I'm just going to head back out now to spend time on the scenery. Its that or watch Peter Andre with the wife!

Cheers

Scott

(edit - just noticed the buffer stop in pic 2, I'll ge the engineers onto it pronto)

Evening,

The weathering of the TTA's was a complete disaster. Got it horribly wrong and it just didnt look right at all. Just having a rethink now on my options. Not sure whether to send them off to someone skilled at weathering. I'd rather pay then muck it up again if you pardon the pun.

You should have got one of theose rare special 'limited edition' ones....

I should have just left the area as a depot!

Breaking News-

I made a passing comment to Mrs P about building a railway line from the garage to the house so that I could send a train to collect a coffee.. She said I wouldn't be able to do that but has given permission for me to try! Now I have use for that O gauge 08 from Dapol! Dapol Dave can you produce a coffee carrying wagon too please.

Cheers

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Evening,

Not a great deal going on at Redbrook at the moment. An IKEA store and a Premier Inn have sprung up and thats about it.

I'm having one of those funny turns at the moment. I went to Crewe on Friday for a day's spotting and have just watched a video on youtube via wnxx of Basford Hall yard. Just wondering if I can fit something similar in my garage! Loads of different locos and liveries. It would be a fantastic place to model, well it would be for me.. But do I really want to rip it all up again???

Here's the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz87SRBTh3I&feature=player_embedded

Now someone please tell me its not a good idea... :scratchhead:

Archived