• RMweb Gold

Good job on the 150 and I like the bridge on the work in progress section too. As to 350's It would really be stretching the plausibility to hire one in so I think we'll have to wait and hope as no new liveries were forthcoming this year.

I was tempted to get a 350 in LM livery but managed to resist temptation, my plan is really only to have stock thats been in and around the Southampton/Easteigh area which is why I will wait for a 450. I've got other things to spend my cash on until then.. In fact my list far out weighs my available balance...

Paul the 150 was less hassle thanI thought it was going to be, the bridge area, well thats another story, I'm not that good with this aspect of modelling... But I'll give anything a go.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Gold

I don't think it is strectching plausibility. SWT crews already sign them and 350s have operated south of the Thames.

I was really meaning it's a long way out on the SWT network for them to reach when there are so many 450's etc. ;)

Stretching it but not impossible.

Evening all,

Managed to get a bit of time out in the garage over the last few days... I feel like I've achieved quite a lot but when I look back it doesn't appear to show!

So where am i with things at the station end?

• Platform is almost done, just waiting for the painter and weatherer's to turn up. Platform edges need some white paint and the general platform surface needs something doing to it.
  • Track is in and wired, just needs ballasting and weathering.
  • Car park needs to be glued down and access gates erected for the NR yard entrance.
  • Backscene/low relief needs to be completed aroound the station area
  • Station furniture etc...
  • Lots of other stuff!

I wish I didnt start the list, theres loads to do.

I've taken a few photos to give you an idea of how the layout is coming along. Obviously there is still a lot to do and the car park is only loosely in place. This is just an overflow CP, the steps and gate are supposed to be emergency access only but some one has left it open. Pedestrian access would normally be down the path between the Premier Inn and the station building and in through the front.

The area to the rear of the platform is an area of concern, there is a gap which would quite happily take another track but I'm going for the less is more so I need to fill it with buildings, probably extend the raised bit by bringing it forward and then adding some buildings. I want it to have a bit of a busy town feel so I'll work on that. Any other suggestions are greatly received..

Well I seem to be rambling on tonight so I'll hand over to the photos who will explain more without words!

A view of the station building with the Ex central trains 150 in platform 1.

post-6849-0-60320700-1332712264.jpg

An overall shot of the station, with a NR train stabled in platform 2

post-6849-0-97292000-1332712265.jpg

Voyager fits nicely

post-6849-0-43793800-1332712267.jpg

A reversa angle shot, looking back along the station

post-6849-0-21069700-1332712270.jpg

Other news is that I've placed an order for the Dapol 73, I'll happily take the risk. I have every confidence in Dapol.. So much so that I might have ordered something else from them too but it wont fit on here! Daz are you reading this??

Thanks for looking and sorry for my blurb tonight..

Cheers

Scott

Looking good Scott, I like the way the platform tapers to the ramp, makes for a very nice shape. I think a shallow embankment down the rear of the buildings would do, relatively simple but quite effective with a bit of modern fencing.

Graham.

Just looking at those pictures agin, it looks a mess! The buildings at the back are just a temporary measure.

I think it will be an embankment Graham, like you say, simple but effective (hopefully)

Phil, there are a few more sidings at the other end of the layout too, so there is definately enough to keep me interested and Royal Mail have always had a place on my layouts, My original Bocott had a mail centre, I suppose its in my blood..
;)

Thanks for your comments William, the voyager was a good buy at a good price. Just need to get it up and running with DCC. Keavin of Leaford fame has offered to do it for me, for which I am truely grateful.

Peter, I'm hoping that I can stick this one out, I'm happy with the station at least! I can't afford to keep changing it anymore, I've still got to start my N gauge layout and I have another in the pipeline which will eat more of my wages...

Cheers for looking and thanks for your comments gents.

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Evening mate

Nice to see that end of the layout again and its latest incarnation, assuming it hasn't changed already! Maybe the addition of a station will give you the added play value you've been looking for? Are planning on putting a canopy on the platform as you know how to build one now from your visits to Coleborne Jct. ;)

Is it the Network Yellow limited ed 73 you've ordered and I guess you have also ordered a 'large' 08?

Other news is that I've placed an order for the Dapol 73, I'll happily take the risk. I have every confidence in Dapol.. So much so that I might have ordered something else from them too but it wont fit on here! Daz are you reading this??

Thanks for looking and sorry for my blurb tonight..

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott, Yes I am reading this, Your not :no: :D 0 my god!!!! might there be a small shunting plank taking place ?

Look forward to further updates,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Greetings,

HI Ian, yeah I'm happy with the station, it gives me a bit more variety.. I am looking for something to put on the wide part of the platform, not sure about a canopy that seems far too complicated! I was thinking of another building of some sort.... I'll probably just give the people of Redbrook a few shelters to hide from the elements.

Yes the 73 is going to be the NR one, seems a shame not to have one... and yes I've gone for an 08 too.. A blue one. although I was tempted with the EWS one. But then that could'nt run on Shaftesbury, could it Daz!

Cheers

Scott

and yes I've gone for an 08 too.. A blue one. although I was tempted with the EWS one. But then that could'nt run on Shaftesbury, could it Daz!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott now I get you :senile: with yours mine and my friends one on order Shaftesbury will be ruled by them :locomotive: but at that price it would be wrong if it wasn't, we will have to start the re-numbering process :mail:

When Shaftesbury is up and running your 08 will be welcome :yes:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

HI Daz, 3 shunters, hmm might be a bit overkill. I'll have to build my own layout then! Might change my order to an EWS one in that case.

Grimley, thanks for the comments. Th station is fairly basic but should serve my purpose, I just had to have a shorter bay type platform on the layout. I can see all sorts being dumped on that line. I need to get another 150 I think, ideally a FGW one..

Hi Scott, I don't think I'll re read this thread, I might get some new ideas that were in fact old ideas! Thanks for wading your way through the pages.. At least I can say that life is never dull at Redbrook.

More updates to follow soon hopefully..

Cheers

Scott

Good evening,

Time for a change of scenery. Don't worry i'm not destroying anything!

Just thought I'd post a picture of the what was stabling point. I've decided to change it to an oil terminal. Obviously its still in the early statges. I need to finish off the pipework, ballasting and perimeter fence. Theres plenty to keep me busy.

post-6849-0-27952100-1333313038.jpg

Other news at Redbrook is that the white lines have been painted on the platform edges and another 150 has been assigned to the Redbrook Route and is due to arrive in the next few days.

Only other intersting thing that happened here was 57312 arrived on a route learning and failed at the stops. Luckily 37038 wasn't to far away and acted as thunderbird. They both then returned to Eastleigh.

post-6849-0-42591500-1333313322.jpg

Now to do some research on weathering TTA's!

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Now to do some research on weathering TTA's!

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/T/TTA-2-axle-tank-wagons/16154941_mdqkzZ#!i=1276892531&k=vpZhC6m is a good starting point for TTA's - I've already decided which ones I'm doing for the rake of 10 on my to-do shelf.........

Cheers,

Mick

I'm a fine one to talk as i have changed about with my layout more times than i can remember(and its only 8ft long!!) but i must say Scott i'm liking the changes you have made, think the oil terminal will fit in very nicely on your layout, keep it up.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I think I keep changing because I have so many ideas I want to try out, I'd rather do it for real rather than draw plans. Might be a bit more effort but its worth it.

The new class 150 arived this morning, won't be running for a bit though as I need to get a chassis for it.. It's not broken, I only got the bodyshell.

Anyone know of a cheap one??

Off to work in a mo, so no modelling for me tonight.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

The layout is looking good, i do enjoy watching it transform every now and then to something completely different. I've got a slightly silly question, where does the layout actually go? I assume it goes to some sort of fiddle yard? Also wondering if the other side/ fiddle yard could be made scenic?

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Not a silly question, the line passes under the road bridge, crosses a large door (lift out section) and then into the fiddle yard.

The layout used to be a roundy style one but I've gradually reduced it in size. The fiddle yard is now about 10 feet long. There is potential to scenic it but my other thought was to extend the board along the wall beyond the yard and create another station and possibly something else. The jury are still out.

I want something that I can manage which is why I reduced it in the first place.

I will carry on with the main scenic board for the time being and aim to get it more complete before moving on.

Cheers

Scott

Archived