If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Hi Scott,

Nice to see you are still doing a bit, the ED looks great. I remember seeing a few blue ones at Eastleigh when I was over last time. I have a pic of a yellow one too, any plans to do one of them?

Cheers Peter.

Evening,

Just a quick picture update, I've almost finished the salmon wagon.... It feels like its taken ages....

post-6849-0-77581100-1327702466.jpg

I am pleased with it though as a first attempt, just wanted something a bit different in the engineers yard.. Its a cambrian kit with the Genesis cranes. I've also got a Genesis salmon wagon but having looked at it I cant see me even attempting it. I thought the Cambrian one was confusing enough...

The 73 is almost done, had a real nightmare with the cantrail not pleased with it at all but can't be doing with it. Why cant somebody produce a sticker in the form of an orange line rather than a waterslide transfer??! I saw a thread about a lining/bow pen the other day, If I was going to get into spaying more locos or stock then I think I would consider one. Just need to weather the 73 now. Might have to ask nicely at the Leaford Depot to see if Kevin the depot foreman can oblige.

Final shot of the night is just a shot of the wagon works.. I'm looking forward to detailing this in the near future...

post-6849-0-33868500-1327702468.jpg

I'm off to the Stafford show next Saturday, really looking forward to it. Its going to be a bit of a road trip with Temeraire, Hampshire Hog and Beresford junction. Might have to bring a fair bit of spending money!!

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I'm off to the Stafford show next Saturday, really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Scott

Oh b*gger - will have to make sure my NR 57 is done.........

Don't forget to call in on Blackmill.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott

The Salmon wagon looks great. is the painting and weathering all your own work because if it is I think you should have a go at the 73 yourself.

I'm also looking forward to our day out and don't worry the Mazda will be full of company fuel so I'll drive no problem. ;) Maybe leave an extra half hour earlier and drop in at Bescot for bit?

Thanks Graham, I have enjoyed my dabble with making and painting.. I'll have to think of some more wagons for the collection.

Mick, Don't worry, Blackmill is high up on the list of layouts to see, and yes I'll be looking out for yellow peril! Lol - No pressure

Ian - Yes the painting and weathing is all my own work, it was just a plain grey plastic thing when I started.. I suppose I could have a go at the 73 myself, what is there to lose..

7:15 at the services is fine by me, pretty sure theres a golden arches at the one you suggested so thats brekkie and Tea sorted!

Hi Scott,

The Salmon looks great, I have a Cambrian one to do myself, I have only had for about 5 years so really think about building it.

I remember seeing them up Eastleigh Yard a bit back in the day, we called the Salmons with the cranes on Geismar's, I am not sure if this name was used widely or just by us, but it refers to the brand name of the cranes. Anyway they were a pain, as we often had to send them down to the depot and back to turn them, Then send the 350 back to get turned so it was back round the right way again.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Peter This one has been a pain too so at least is just like the real thing,,, :jester:

I'm not sure if I'll build any more, I'd like too but its finding the time, maybe I could have it as a "take to work" project..

Paul, good point, its a possibility..

Cheers

Scott

News Flash - I actually got to play trains for a bit today. Afetr a bit of a tidy up of the man cave I realised there was operable layout underneath the junk! Didnt do a lot but it was nice to see things moving, although I need to invest in a new track rubber!

I've also been trying to sort out the exit to the fiddle yard, think it will be a bridge, I was just going to disguise the exit with trees/buildings but the bridge is winning at the moment,, It will hopefully be in the style of a concrete type one.

73208 is seen ariving with the GLV, after a return test run to Exford park vie Beresford Junction.

post-6849-0-29998000-1327876384.jpg

59203 ready to work the 6v27 to Hinskey Yard VQ after arriving from Leaford earlier this morning.

post-6849-0-07484400-1327876411.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Another shot, this time showing my two repainted locos and the salmon wagon.. The crane furthest from the camera looks a bit wonky, doesn't look as bad in the flesh!

post-6849-0-46485300-1327933722.jpg

The paint and build shop is now closed for a bit whilst I concentrate on trashing my kitchen and office, and then re-do them.. Lets hope I can keep to the original plans unlike my layout. Otherwise it may turn out rather expensive!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott, Pics looking very good mate, I like the last one of the engineers sidings. I do like that wagon you have with the two cranes on, one day I would like to get one. The 73 and 59 look good also...

Keep posting the pics...

All the best

Leon.

Cheers guys,

Leon the 59 is on loan from Leaford, I wish I could take the credit but its all Kevins handy work.

Ian, I'll speak to Kevin before the weekend, I might be able to get the lighting bits at the show and ask him if it would be possible to work his magic. I quite fancy putting a sound chip in it too!

Cheers

Scott

Firstly apologies if this has loads of typos, my pc has packed up today do I'm having to type this on my phone.

David your layout look good, lots going on, I like the track machines, I'm guessing they're the one from britttania? I've always fancied the Balfour Beatty one.

Leon, after speaking to Kevin on the phone this evening I have been out in the garage tonight weathering it. I want the kind of neglected work horse look, I agree ex works looked ok but when I saw it at Eastleigh it was a bit dirty.

Hopefully I haven't ruined it.. Photos will follow but after my computer is sorted unfortunately. Not having a good day!

Cheers. Scott

Well what an eventful few days.... As you may know my computer died, turns out it was the motherboard! So that got replaced on Thursday. Saturday I went to the Stafford show and whilst I Was there I had a frantic call from home saying the Boiler was leaking lots of water, mate and registered gas engineer turns up on my behalf to turn off water and make safe.. Insurance company contacted by the wife who tell her they wont cover/assist as there has been 3rd party involvement ie my mate.. Phonecall on monday telling them to ram it...I think.

Today Ive spent lots of cash on a new boiler which brought the tears on... Cue - escape to the garage for some time out..

I'd like to be able to post lots of new purchase's from yesterday but alas I had to refrain from spending too much, so all I got was a wagon and some excellent ten commanments wagon loads..

The wagon works have out shopped another wagon, sparkling refurbed OTA is dragged out by Kirsten

post-6849-0-61615700-1328462243.jpg

There is a rumour that timber traffic may be a regular weekly service seen around Redbrook. The New Forest National Park maybe looking to create some funds by clearing part of the forest.. Nothing confirmed yet though. Think there may be some opposition.

Colas seem to be helping out with some weekend engineering works, seen here leaving the yard.

post-6849-0-59086200-1328462236.jpg

post-6849-0-05888000-1328462239.jpg

post-6849-0-97681400-1328462241.jpg

Thats it for now, I need to go outside into the garden to warm up!

Cheers

(A rather cold)

Scott

Don't worry Scott, my boiler was condemed last Thursday by British Gas and have had no heating since.....oh and a nice man from there came round and quoted me 4 grand!!!!!!

As for the layout i totally love what you have done, enjoy looking at layouts like this, keep up the great work..

Archived