steve fay

I quite like this low level view!

post-5983-0-50550600-1507235372_thumb.jpeg

5904 is heading off to the builders next week now that the wheels and motor have arrived.

I’ve also ordered 6999 Capel Dewi Hall plates plus the loco kit! ( Cantons favourite hall ) I decided to liquidate my HO stock as I’m not going to have room to peruse both now so what better way to invest the cash !!

A little more track work has been completed this week and I shall continue on the point work next week.

8763 is now in North Wales for lining! I’m looking forward to seeing it once completed.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

I could end up with a pair of 15’s yet. I could well do 1504 in black with the late crest and 1505 in lined black, as my layout is set in the 1960/63 period that would be more protypical.

I’ve ordered the tender for 1020 County of Monmouth this morning, I think this will be next in line after 92220 is built next year.

Edited by steve fay

Steve,

The stepper motor & Arduino solution is relatively cheap (certainly less than £30) & easy to fit, if a bit fiddly to get set up. I have done it "my way" on PD, there are a couple of threads on here under computer control, in which the t/t has been linked to DCC.

Happy to provide details if it would help.

Alternatively, there are solutions using worm drives, but you have to align the road by eye.

Best

Simon

• Like 1

I was sent this colour image of the gas oil tanker recently, This is the tank that Michelle Davidson is scratch building for me, at least we know what colours to use. You can make out on the solebar to work between Old Oak common and Ranelagh Bridge! I shall get a custom set of transfers made up for it.

Even after 8 years of research I’m still finding new information and pictures. post-5983-0-59170100-1507792194_thumb.png

• Like 5

Hi Steve,

That was quick work on the part of Mr. Cooper, does he line out models commercially?

ATVB

CME

He does, he’s painted both my castles and my king plus a few locos I know longer have.

He will be doing the painting on 5904 as well.

• Like 1