steve fay

attachicon.gifIMG_2074.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2075.JPG

The first Easybuikd MK1 nearing completion, Swindon built FK new out on BT4 bogies.

I've had this one built as will the rest of the set chocolate and cream one side and maroon the other effectively giving me two trains. I can have a uniform set or a mix and match.

Steve,

always keep the Easybuild Mk1s together as the side and roof profiles are different to the JLTRT ones (that are due back out soon). I like the idea of different livery's on each side.

ATB

OzzyO. 

• Like 1

Yes I thought there was a difference, I'll be having a 5 or 6 car set built and they will be all easy build for continuity.

I would like a pair of TPO's from JLTRT so any other MK1's that go with them will have to be from the same stable.

Hello Steve,

on the JLTRT web site it says that the two T.P.Os. are both sorting vans, the Dia. 720 (PWR79) is a POS (sorting van). But the Dia. 722 is a POT (stowage van). You can and should run them together in your time zone, using one to pick up the down mail and one to pick up the up mail. The rest of the train would be made up of BGs, GUVs and maybe a Siphon or two. With the BGs coupled to the T.P.Os.

OzzyO.

I think a combined postage and sleeper would be good,

BG, TPO, TPO, RMB, 1st /3rd, Sleeper !! ( six coach sets would be the maximum for Severn Tunnel )

Keep the GUV's and Siphon for the parcels set.

That would work, as loco,RMB, 1st/3rd Slep,BG,POT, POS, BG. or Loco 1st/3rd slep, RMB, BG, POT, POS, BG.

But I think for a short formation like this it would be, Loco BG, POT, POS, BG, SK, BCK .

A lot would depend on the distance that the coaches were going to a lot of the time the BGs could stay with the POT & POS (think of these two as a set of twins) but some times these (the BGs) were removed and connected to another train and another one or two added to the first train. So maybe not the best train to add the sleepers to? 

ATB

OzzyO.

Andy, Did you notice the prototype JLTRT MK1 sleeper above the monitor at the weekend? I spoke to Pete about it. The only part they haven't done is the additional roof parts. The only reason it hasn't gone in to production is because no one has asked for it yet!!

Is want one

Hi Steve,

No, did not notice it but I did mention the sleeper to Pete and Laurie over a year ago and was told little to no interest.

Like Pete said at the weekend, no one wants Mk1's beyound the usual types and sleepers, RMB etc just dont sell.

I have to confess to having an un started complete Westdale kit bought in the carpark at the Reading Traders show two years ago.

Edited by two tone green
  • Like 1

Hello Steve, all,

drawings of the Post Office vans. The top one on this page is the one that JLTRT kit No. PWR79 builds

post-8920-0-59579600-1502874000_thumb.jpg

The bottom one on this page is the one that JLTRT kit No. 78 builds.

post-8920-0-01995400-1502874002_thumb.jpg

ATB

OzzyO.

• Like 1

The kit does build up into a nice coach. I will do some photos this weekend of my TPO BG combination which I suspect will get the rivet counters going into melt down

Hello TTG.

the Whitehaven - Huddersfield TPO was normal about load 3 or 4. The front BG would have any mail for any station that the Wht - Hud would call at.

The rear BG would have any mail for the up and down TPOs and any that connected with them, this coach was dropped off at Preston, then any coaches (mail) that were going on to Hud would be attached from the up TPO.

This sort of thing happened at a large number of rail hubs on the TPO network.

ATB

OzzyO.

PS. if this was before the abolition of on the move pick up and set down of the mail the formation would have more than likely have been BG, POT, POS, BG, one of the po? would have been for picking/dropping off in the up direction and the other for the same in the down.

Edited by ozzyo

Phil has sent me some templates for the water tower, I've cut them out and stuck them on to the mock up I made some time ago! I had guessed the size by trying to count the bricks!! I thought I had over estimated the size but the height is bang on!! post-5983-0-52103000-1503507717_thumb.jpg

Collecting the first 2 MK1's at telford!

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...