Terminus in BR blue.

Elagage56

Hi mate,

This is stunning you have achieved a lot in a short space of time :yes:

I will be watching with anticipation as I have just started to create my own terminus station layout :good:

Keep up the good work

Darren NSE DAZ

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

thanks for the advice and good words.... there has been a distict lack of updates, but thats because i've acturly been working on it, rather than picking up ideas and being amazed by other peoples work on here!

i have got the points wired up and working off a switch board. i got a gaugemaster transformer to power the system and have built a switchboard to fit. all seep point motors. works a treat! pictures to follow.......

also nearly totaly finished the ballast and started other weathering. i've got a ratio ground signals kit and grounded van body to build for it now.

cheers

neil

• 1 month later...

well, yet again i've been way to long in replying but also yet again there has been a fair bit of progress...... mostly ground work this time. i've done the area behind the signal box which is acturly the front side of the layout. i've used woodland scenics products for it. i've never used them befor but i like them. heres a few pics....

8255491_orig.jpg

6071026_orig.jpg

4105946_orig.jpg

9151442_orig.jpg

This layout looks good and I will follow with interest, out of interest who's trees have you used, they look very nice.

hi

cheers! its slowly taking shape now, as always its just finding the time to get to it. the trees are Bachmann, scene scapes, sycamores and elms. they are a little pricy, i wouldnt want to even begin to price up doing a forest, but they are good i think. i mount them direct into the ground, taking off the plastic root base. my ground work is made up of high-dencity foam covered in plaster filler. it seams to work really well.

neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks! its been a long time i've not updated, i need to get some more photos as i have now done alot more of the scenery and added a few more people, cars, wagons and locos!

the trunking is simply 2mm plastic card, cut into strips and scored (i think it was) every 8mm. this was then just painted in halfords gray undercoat.

the red pipes under the track are electric cable insulation, stripped from 1.5mm diameter single cord mains wire. its great, pre-coloured and flexible. i simple glued it down with pva befor ballasting, same with the concrete trunking.

cheers

neil

• 3 months later...

its been a long time with no updates.... but there have been some changes on the layout. more scene details and a new building to make up the background, i now need to do the scene around that and fill in the back scene.

heres some pictures to bring it upto date.

6818534_orig.jpg

2492095_orig.jpg

190933_orig.jpg

1524599_orig.jpg

Archived