LT Resources

I thought it would be useful to have one thread which had links to kit suppliers, and resources. So here's my offerings.

RTR & Kit suppliers, in alphabetical order:

Bachmann - The Art Deco Harrow-On-The-Hill station buildings, LT bus garage, and 57xx pannier tank in LT livery.

CDC DESIGN - Station building and tram depot card kits.

KINGSWAY MODELS - John Howe's card kits of LT Station buildings and Bus garages

MARCMODELS - Mike Radford does the only kit of Hammersmith & City/Circle Lines C Stock

MERCIAN MODELS - The Metropolitan 0-4-0 Peckett locos.

METROMODELS - John Polley's RTR models of 1990s Tube Stock and accessories.

PHOENIX PAINTS - Their range includes both LT Train Red and Bus Red.

RADLEY MODELS - Phil Radley's models of much LT rolling stock. Phil used to make the kits for Harrow Model Shop.

ROXEY MOULDINGS - Metropolitan Railway steam coaching stock.

SE FINECAST - For Metropolitan E, F & G class locos and some goods rolling stock.

STREET LEVEL MODELS - Card kits of trams, and station buildings

I will add more links as and when time permits.

I thought it would be useful to have one thread which had links to kit suppliers, and resources. So here's my offerings.

RTR & Kit suppliers, in alphabetical order:

CDC DESIGN - Station building and tram depot card kits.

MARCMODELS - Mike Radford does the only kit of Hammersmith & City/Circle Lines C Stock

I will add more links as and when time permits.

Don't forget the CDC rolling stock!!! Can't go wrong with a four car set for £12.49!

DC Kits were acting as agents for Little bus Co who did a C stock set as well as a range of Q stock. I think they are still available, although they may be getting a little hard to find.

Addlestone Models is a new one on me, but then I onbly came back into the hobby after discovering EFE 38 Stock, and that was by accident.

KEYKITS in their IKB Range do, or rather did, I have to confess to buying the last one they had in stock last week, pending a new delivery of castings, of the 1863 original 4-4-0 Metropolitan and District steam locos.

MODELMASTER have a range of transfers.

I've made my own adverts, and line diagrams to replace those terrible ones inside the EFE stock. Makes me feel like I'm back on the Bakerloo Line in the 1980s. Yes I know you cannot see them in normal use, but I know they're there and it makes me happy.. Here's an example of what the Northern Line should have looked like if the "Northern Heights" Extension had been completed. And a totally fictitious ad for C&A, but it looks the part.

I've also made my own destination boards. Do i have the only Northern Line travelling to Bushey Heath via Highgate and West End?

post-6983-0-31351500-1308259466_thumb.jpg

post-6983-0-43343100-1308259857_thumb.jpg

post-6983-0-86723500-1308260862_thumb.jpg

Does anyopne remember the proposed Q stock kit by Addlestone Models. It was about 1970. Never found out what happened to that.

Dave

I picked these up at the beginning of the year for £5 each !

QStock1.jpg

I have got bogies for them now so construction will commence later this year.

Xerces Fobe

For 7mm Met Railway rolling stock there is Ken's Profiles. No web address but email contact is ken.degroome@btinternet.com

I have the Met Bo-Bo on order and I understand that it is a very good kit.

Ken has recently added the full set of Metropolitan Jubilee 4-wheel coaches which I had designed for Basilica Fields to his catalogue.

See: http://basilicafields.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/metropolitan-jubilee-4-wheel-coaching-stock-part-2/

London Road produce the 3 car Chesham Branch Ashbury Stock. Only available as a 3 car set in 4mm scale

The Engine Works produce Met 4mm transfers (these might be the same ones sold by Radley)

Smallbrook Studio produce a kit of the LSWR Brake Van, as used by the Met after WW1

Bill Bedford is producing Dreadnought stock (with resin sides). Supposed to be ready soon - waiting until Scaleforum to see how they look before I buy though!

The Engine Works produce Met 4mm transfers (these might be the same ones sold by Radley)

They are the same ones. They are pretty good, althought the carrier film can be a bit of a pig to disguise. I heard that SE Finecast are going to have a look at doing their own transfers to go with their range of Met locos, although at the moment this is just unsubstantiated rumour.

They are the same ones. They are pretty good, althought the carrier film can be a bit of a pig to disguise. I heard that SE Finecast are going to have a look at doing their own transfers to go with their range of Met locos, although at the moment this is just unsubstantiated rumour.

I bought a complete set of sheets from him when SE first produced the E class (he was at the same Scaleforum). Didn't find the carrier film too bad, but I have heard the same comment about the film from someone who bought some last year. Perhaps he has changed his paper supplier?

• 1 year later...

Just discovered the CDC models & wondered if anyone had any experience in motorising them? Are the Realistic Railways motorised chassis sets a suitable size? Where can one get a non-motorised chassis to fit?

Sorry for dim-sounding questions, but I'm very new to anything but RTR rolling stock!

Ken has recently added the full set of Metropolitan Jubilee 4-wheel coaches which I had designed for Basilica Fields to his catalogue.

Ken and friends have been busy. At Telford he had the Met Dreadnought kits on sale. I purchased an all 3rd and a 3rd long brake to go with Lord Byron (when I finish the kit) :mellowclear: .

I understand the next project from Ken is T stock plus he is looking at 3rd and 4th rail conductor rail pots as well as conductor rail.

How good does that look!! Having studied a lot of Met Rly stock I'd say that looks very accurate and crisp! Perhaps a little too neat for the 50s where many of the doors had been replaced by flush side panels but still lovely.

If I get enough feed back on the first batches I might be tempted to do a some more with flush doors and K2 bogies.

How good does that look!! Having studied a lot of Met Rly stock I'd say that looks very accurate and crisp! Perhaps a little too neat for the 50s where many of the doors had been replaced by flush side panels but still lovely.

but for my early 1920s Met/GC layout ..... :yahoo:

Now Bill all we need are the Ashburys, the Pullmans, the Rothschild Saloon, some Met non-passenger stock..... oh yes and some GCR suburban stock so I can properly run a Met/GCR joint line (No hurry Bill - next year will do :)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bill, would definatly interested in ESL 118A/B if you ever got round to producing one. The picture you have shown us of the progress so far is awesome.

Regards,

Julian Sprott

Archived