RMweb

Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ray,

Hows the preparations for Exeter coming along? Only a week to go now! I will be there on Sunday and should have time for a good look when I'm not manning the Exeter O-Gauge Group stand.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Ray, it is good to see you are getting show invites coming in, they are well deserved and the high level shots is just great for us trackahollics, great stuff, I get inspired every time I view it, well done. Andy.

Hi Dave

I have not done much on the the layout, I have been away in the caravan this and building some more parkside kits and also I have bought some outside cranks and wheels from Markets for my Bachmann Class 08 trying to improve the running but I have had a lot of problems in doing this hoping to get the problem sorted by next weekend, I've just got myself the Hornby 08 just to be on the safe side. hope to see you at Exeter.

RAY70B .

Looking forward to Exeter show.

I have had all day playing trains, getting ready for the exhibition and done some adjustments. I did not get the Bachmann Class 08 done still got some problems with the cranks but I will bring my Hornby Class 08 instead, I have 99% inproved the running problems, but still have a little blip in running. I have also got some new wagon kits built and some are painted and with out tranfer and weathering as yet, I will be bring them to make the numbers.

I well be doing some finishing touches tomorrow and packing it up and putting it all in the car ready for the Exeter show.

Be glade to speak to all RMWebers at the show.

RAY70B

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

Nice to meet you and Darren today (I was the tall one!).

Yard Shunter definitely looks better in the flesh!

Good luck with the new 08!

All the best,

James

Hi Ray,

Nice to meet you and Darren today (I was the tall one!).

Yard Shunter definitely looks better in the flesh!

Good luck with the new 08!

All the best,

James

Hi James

It was great to see you and have a chat. (I'm the the little one)

Thanks for the comment. Hope to see you at the club some time.Y70B

All the best.

Ray

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

Good to meet you and Darren today and see Yard Shunter in the flesh - very good it looks too! I was impressed with the iPod control system as well.

Nick C

(The bearded one who was helping out with Bembridge next door...)

Hi Nick

It was great to see you this weekend and hope you enjoyed play with Yard Shunter with my Ipod, Darren loved the Ipod and it was better than useing the NCE hand set.

Thanks Nick for you comment.

All the Best.

Ray

HI Ray

Thanks for a great weekend with you and yard shunter, got to meet a few other RMweber’s at the show as well.

Hope the 08 sorts it self out and you get it running as it should, the I pod was great to use and a lot easier to use than NCE.

Yard shunter is a fun to play with and boy can you spend hours just sorting out the wagons.

Well done Ray for making such a fun layout to play with, next time I will bring my BWT to run, as later in the day Gary had his one on your layout and it ran so well.

All in all a fantastic weekend, even through I had to work nights on Sunday!

Looking forward to the next show, very much and maybe this time your drink your tea a bit more and not let it get cold!, :laugh:

Once again thanks for an amazing weekend and well done for taking me to the show. :drink_mini:

Take care mate and talk soon.

All the very best

Darren

Edited by darren01

Hi Ray,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed a successful show, Yard Shunter really does deserve all of the praise it gets.

I'm absolutely gutted that I couldn't make it at the weekend, as I always enjoy our get-togethers with Darren & co.

Sounds like your still suffering from the curse of the 08, but stick with it mate, it'll all come good in the end.

From Darren's comments, it sounds as if the 'cup the size of a 9F tender' does have it's drawbacks! Don't let the tide go out!

Fingers crossed that I'll finally get down to the club this Tuesday evening, it'll be good to finally get back to normal.

In the meantime, sit back, put your feet up & enjoy a well deserved rest.

See you tomorrow night buddy, all the best.

Rob 'westcountryman' Morgan

HI Ray

Thanks for a great weekend with you and yard shunter, got to meet a few other RMweber’s at the show as well.

Hope the 08 sorts it self out and you get it running as it should, the I pod was great to use and a lot easier to use than NCE.

Yard shunter is a fun to play with and boy can you spend hours just sorting out the wagons.

Well done Ray for making such a fun layout to play with, next time I will bring my BWT to run, as later in the day Gary had his one on your layout and it ran so well.

All in all a fantastic weekend, even through I had to work nights on Sunday!

Looking forward to the next show, very much and maybe this time your drink your tea a bit more and not let it get cold!, :laugh:

Once again thanks for an amazing weekend and well done for taking me to the show. :drink_mini:

Take care mate and talk soon.

All the very best

Darren

Hi Ray,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed a successful show, Yard Shunter really does deserve all of the praise it gets.

I'm absolutely gutted that I couldn't make it at the weekend, as I always enjoy our get-togethers with Darren & co.

Sounds like your still suffering from the curse of the 08, but stick with it mate, it'll all come good in the end.

From Darren's comments, it sounds as if the 'cup the size of a 9F tender' does have it's drawbacks! Don't let the tide go out!

Fingers crossed that I'll finally get down to the club this Tuesday evening, it'll be good to finally get back to normal.

In the meantime, sit back, put your feet up & enjoy a well deserved rest.

See you tomorrow night buddy, all the best.

Rob 'westcountryman' Morgan

Hi Darren & Rob

Thanks for your comments boys. Darren it was nice to get home and have a hot cup of tea, and I had a dry throat after all the talking to the punters over the weekend.

Rob I got myself a Hornby 08 with sound last monday, well it was the third one, two of them I had to send back (not happy), I will tell you the sarga on Tusday night at the club if you are there.

9F tender that's to small.

once again thanks chaps.

RAY70B

Hi Ray

Great to meet you on Saturday at Exeter show.......

Cracking layout you've got there.....

Really pleased to see it in the flesh......Your photo's are good.....The real thing is better..

Hope to see you again soon

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill

Thanks for the comment Bill. The photos do not do it justice.

I am shore we will meet up again, my next exhibitions are 28th July at Pridport and the week after 4th August at Minehead.

It was good to see you on Saturday.

RAY70B

Ray,

first of all may I congratulate you on an excellent looking layout and topic ...

Re. Hornby sound 08 ...I have had quite a few of them through the shop and every one suffered from poor pick ups .....there is a great deal of side to side play in the chassis and the pickups have not been factory formed to give enough pressure on the wheels to keep the contact on all, as it moves down the track ...I found that popping the wheelsets out and then some judicious bending outwards of the pickups eventually gave decent running and sound ..hope this is of some help..

Regards Trevor .... :sungum:

HI Trever

Thank you for your advice, but I have put new pickups underneath by replaysing the plat with plasti card with brass wire onto the wheels.I have also found the axles have a lot of back and forword movement and a lot of play in the rods making the loco jerky.

I am very sorry but I do not like Hornbys QC, it is none existent as there are to many with problems. VERY POOR FOR THE MONEY THEY CHARGE.

I have sent two of these back and this the third one in which I only got last Monday.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Morning Ray,

Thanks for letting me have a play on Yard Shunter with my Beattie - its a brilliant layout and I got a couple of great pictures. In fact I've got an itching for my own smaller shunting layout at the moment. If it goes ahead - I am blaming both you and Richard for this. :D

It was great to meet you and Darren as well - I hope it wont be the last time. I really must try and get down to see you guys at the club. As an aside I spoke to the Hornby Rep I know and he said no retailer he serves has had any returned as faulty - so like you said maybe a dodgy batch but then again there could be any number of reasons for it - the Bachmann 08 looks far better anyway.

All the Best.

~ Gary

Edited by Matloughe

Hi Gary

It will be good to see you at the club.

Richard,Darren & I, nearly always go to Exhibtions together it helps with the cost of petrol, you are wellcome to come along.

WoW you got the Shunting bug, what type are you thinking of doing.

The Hornby Rep will have to say that as he will lose buissness.

All the best.

RAY70B