Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

Ray,

iPod - how on earth? Can you provide more detail, please.

I was under the impression that only the iPhone* could be used to control but I have both 16G iPod and iPad, this is very interesting.

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry for late reply as I have a freind stopping for a few days.

You can download a app called Withrottle from Itunes there are two, one is free which only do as a throttle the other one is about £7 which has the throttle and accessorys, you will need a Laptop with program called JRMI on, and you will have to do a scimatic of your Layout with all the accessory address's on, you also need a wifi Router, I used an old one and this is only connected to the mains. the Router is Wifi to the Laptop and the Ipod.

My DCC system is a NCE Power Cab you will need a USB interface to connect to the laptop and then with curly cable that came with Power Cab connect from the USB interface to the NCE panel. The Laptop should be connected to the Router and the Ipod to the Router and also to the Laptop.

There is little bit on this thread on page 9 and number 220.

I hope this gives you what you are looking for and the insite of controlling your trains on a Ipod.

RAY70B

Bude was an interesting show. I did hear the birds at the other end of the hall. Is it a CD or a download?

Your layout really amazes me. Lifelike. Keep up the good work.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the comment Chris. I think you heard the birds at the other end of the hall because I was up on the stag.

The birds is a CD I got from Amazon called Dawn Chorus.

RAY70B

• Like 1

Hi Tim

You can download a app called Withrottle from Itunes there are two, one is free which only do as a throttle the other one is about £7 which has the throttle and accessorys, you will need a Laptop with program called JRMI on, and you will have to do a scimatic of your Layout with all the accessory address's on, you also need a wifi Router, I used an old one and this is only connected to the mains. the Router is Wifi to the Laptop and the Ipod.

My DCC system is a NCE Power Cab you will need a USB interface to connect to the laptop and then with curly cable that came with Power Cab connect from the USB interface to the NCE panel. The Laptop should be connected to the Router and the Ipod to the Router and also to the Laptop.

I hope this gives you what you are looking for and the insite of controlling your trains on a Ipod.

RAY70B

The missing word is Touch.

Tim

Hi Tim

RAY70B

Hi Ray

You speak in a tongue that the stranger does not understand.........

All the best

exmoordave

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have been spending more money on a Wolseley police car and a British Railways Scammell Lorry to go on Yard Shunter. Police car I am planning to put on the bridge with the ambulance, as I am thinking of putting a ballist lorry on it's side with it's load spilt over the road, with the emergency services on site. The British Railways lorry will go in the yard by the goods shed.

The vehicles need some weathering.

Some pics of them temporarily in place.

post-3746-0-71124900-1349185801_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-39353700-1349185885_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-77222700-1349185975.jpg

post-3746-0-48551700-1349185902.jpg

post-3746-0-11483700-1349185914_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-07730100-1349186006_thumb.jpg

RAY70B

• Like 8

Hi Dave

I play the dawn chorus on my Yard Shunter to give the country atmosphere.

RAY70B

Hi Ray,

There is plenty of scope with sound recordings on layouts. If they're done well then the gaps between trains are hardly noticed. I'm working on various recordings for TG inc. flowing water for the river/flood channel feeding into the Torridge. Real flowing water may not be an option but at a distance a convincing sound effect is almost as good.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ray,

There is plenty of scope with sound recordings on layouts. If they're done well then the gaps between trains are hardly noticed. I'm working on various recordings for TG inc. flowing water for the river/flood channel feeding into the Torridge. Real flowing water may not be an option but at a distance a convincing sound effect is almost as good.

Cheers

Dave

Followed a link to this post; lovely work all round. I love the yard 'atmosphere'.

The birdy sounds; sad lad that I am, how do you 'play' the sounds (at a show that is)?

I've read an article somewhere about using DCC for 'ambient background sounds' as well as train sounds 'following' the train rather than a sound dec in the loco/train. Would this be possible in some way using these CDs?

I was also hoping to get an ' light industrial' sounds loop of some sort for a wagon works area on my layout. I would, if I could, 'play' both of these (opposite ends of the layout) very quietly so they would be just audible above the general hubub of a show.

Not sure about the running water - too many visits having to be made to the facilities already........ :stinker:

Cheers, P @ 36E

Hi Mallard60022

As I control YS with my Ipod through JRMI on my laptop so I play the dawn chorus from the same laptop as well. I dont now how you can do two sounds at the same time other than having two sound systems

I have the same problem keep going to the loo.

RAY70B

• Like 1

HI Ray

Comming along very well now(unlike mine at the mo) it the small detail that brings a layout to life.

Kepp up the good work.

Ale the best

Darren

Hi Darren

Thanks for the comment Darren. Yes It's the small details (imagination going wild).

Looks Brill Ray; I like the idea of the overturned ballast lorry not something I have seen before I think.

Hope all is well.

~ Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for the comment Gary. Yes I thought it was something diffrent.

just had a pleasant half-hour looking through this thread. brilliant work. very inspiring. :)

Hi Fender

Glad you found the thread and you find it enjoyable.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 1

I have made a Cooper Craft AEC Lorry as a ballist lorry, But has over turned on the bridge and shot the load of sand across the road and the Police and Ambalance has arieved.

The police car needs weathering and some policemen.

post-3746-0-98485700-1349701891_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-56007900-1349701908_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-13322400-1349701926_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-46494200-1349701936_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-55605800-1349701957_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-00059200-1349701969_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-56210900-1349701982_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-74067200-1349701992_thumb.jpg

RAY70B

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The first thing I wanted to say was 'not another Cooper Craft Monarch!' But that is a great bit of modelling, the only comment I would like to make is that the spilled load would be a bit more '1 sided' try pushing a box of sand over and see how it falls. Otherwise, great cameo!