Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

Hi Andy

I have got a TCS M1 decoder and a keep alive to fit into the M7, with the PDK kit there is plenty of room to put it all in.

I will take some more pics tomorrow of the M7 as it is at the moment.

All the best

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

HI Ray

The lorry on it side and the cameo you have created is wonderful bit of modeling mate, and the M7 is a masterpiece ,had it running on my layout Torrington at the weekend and run’s like a dream.

You have done a grand job on her and will look amazing once you have lined her out and a bit of weathering done (remember less is more with air brushing).

Well done Ray!

All the very best

Darren

Edited by darren01

Update on the M7

I have painted the body in mat black with my airbrush and done the pipe work in brass, the lineing is Fox Tranfers the lineing was a pig to put on, I kept the tranfers wet and teased them in place with a wet brush them used a tissue to sock up the water then sprayed with satin varnish, Waiting for the varnish to dry . Just got to put the smokebox number, shed plate, buffers and couplings and them weathered.

The varnish is still wet.

post-3746-0-53782000-1352990231_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-50778500-1352990244_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-79852600-1352990263_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-97251800-1352990274_thumb.jpg

The Decoder and the Keep Alive has been wired to the chassis.

post-3746-0-37833400-1352992010_thumb.jpg

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 5

Hi Ray,

What a little beauty.

You've done a smashing job on her, & she looks the business.

She will look a picture on Yard Shunter or Tawbridge.

It's nice to know that it's not only me that suffers with Fox transfers!

Keep up the good work mate & hope you enjoy a good weekend.

Cheers pal

Rob

Had a very good day at North Petherton today and seeing some RMwebers. The M7 ran very well I'm very pleased with it (a good job well done)

I wish to thank Mudmagnet (Richard) For help for to day.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Hi Ray,

I'm so pleased that you & Richard had a good day with the layout at North Petherton.

I'm also delighted that the new addition to the Yard Shunter stable, that gorgeous little M7 did you proud.

Sorry I missed it mate, but it was worth the drive from Devon to Norfolk, to watch my beloved canary boys demolish the mighty Manchester United.

I'll be seeing you on Tuesday night, by which time I should have come down to earth a bit!

Hope you are looking forward to our 'boys weekender' at Warley next week!

Cheers bud

Rob

Hi Ray,

I'm so pleased that you & Richard had a good day with the layout at North Petherton.

I'm also delighted that the new addition to the Yard Shunter stable, that gorgeous little M7 did you proud.

Sorry I missed it mate, but it was worth the drive from Devon to Norfolk, to watch my beloved canary boys demolish the mighty Manchester United.

I'll be seeing you on Tuesday night, by which time I should have come down to earth a bit!

Hope you are looking forward to our 'boys weekender' at Warley next week!

Cheers bud

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for your comment and that Norwich done well. I'm looking forword to Warley and I will bring the M7 to club night to run it on Tawbridge.

Hi Ray, glad you had a good weekend and that the M7 ran well, may see you around at Warley.

Andy

Hi Andy

Thank you for your comment. I will be at Warley for the weekend as Madmagnet and I are helping DLT on Charmouth.

Say hi when you get round to us.

RAY70B