Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

Good to see the M7 running on Tawbridge last night.

I will take some more photos next time the M7 is running on Tawbridge or Yard Shunter.

Hi Richard

Thank you for your comment. I will be looking forword in seeing the photos.

Just discovered this layout, what can i say but truely FANTASTIC well done, a brilliant bit of much needed inspiration

Hi NunneyCastle5029

Glade you found my thread and you are finding it inspirational.

HI Ray

Must say the M7 looks stunning mate and looks a hell of a lot better than the RTR one!.

Looks very good now you have given it a light weathering.

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren

Thank you for your comments.

Hope you are getting on with your kit built loco.

Hi Ray,

Lovely scenes of the layout....excellent work.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you for your comment Dave.

A bit of weathering always helps no matter how good the model is, unless you want it to spend it's life in a display cabinet and never turn a wheel in anger, looks good,

Andy.

Hi Andy

Glade you like the weathering on my M7. The M7 is built to be worked I dont think they should be put in a box to be shown on a shelf.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Hi Ray, I was good to put a face to a name at Warley today, sorry we never got time to come back and have a propper look at the M7, it was also good to see Richard (Mudmagnet) there as well, just sorry we did not catch up with Dave (DLT).

All the best And see you all around again soon, Andy.

Hi Andy

It was good to see you on Sunday and yes to put a face to a name, I enjoyed our little chat could have talk longer if there was time.

You may see the M7 if if can get Yard Shunter up your way.

Hope to see you again some time.

Happy Modelling.

RAY70B

Hello Ray, lt was good to meet you and Mudmagnet on sunday at Warley, l have just looked at your M7, what a cracking job you have made, the weathering is just right, too many people ruin the look by going over the top with the weathering, saying well they were all filthy in the late 60s, how wrong they are, but you seem have got it just right, myself and some friends used to go to Waterloo most saturdays as a 12 year old in the early 60s, armed with cheese and onion sarnies and my Ian Allen spotters book, l rembember spotting many southern types including the M7 on various duties and most of them were fairly clean, the real dirty ones were to me the Q1s and some of the standards, l think they used to look after the old ladys of southern steam.

Love the layout too, (really would love to build my track in 7mm?) keep the pictures coming...............

George.

Hello Ray, lt was good to meet you and Mudmagnet on sunday at Warley, l have just looked at your M7, what a cracking job you have made, the weathering is just right, too many people ruin the look by going over the top with the weathering, saying well they were all filthy in the late 60s, how wrong they are, but you seem have got it just right, myself and some friends used to go to Waterloo most saturdays as a 12 year old in the early 60s, armed with cheese and onion sarnies and my Ian Allen spotters book, l rembember spotting many southern types including the M7 on various duties and most of them were fairly clean, the real dirty ones were to me the Q1s and some of the standards, l think they used to look after the old ladys of southern steam.

Love the layout too, (really would love to build my track in 7mm?) keep the pictures coming...............

George.

Hi George.

I am please how my M7 has turn out.

I to went to Waterloo trainspotting in the late 1950 to early 60s, also went to Nine Elms, Stewarts Lane, Oldoak Common, but name a few. Feltham loads of times as Feltham was my local shed.

When I left school I worked at Feltham Shed as a cleaner and worked my way to a fireman till the end of steam.

You will have to have a go at building your own track, once you get the hang of it you wont turn back, practice makes perfect.

Hope to see you again some time.

Happy modelling.

RAY70B

Hi Ray, dont like to throw a spanner in your wonderfull works, but how about a new name for your Yard Shunter, especially now that it goes out on the road, like maybe Yardley on Severn, or Yardley Sidings? just a silly thought.

You can give me a good kicking next time we meet if you like, :O hahah

Andy.

Hi Ray, dont like to throw a spanner in your wonderfull works, but how about a new name for your Yard Shunter, especially now that it goes out on the road, like maybe Yardley on Severn, or Yardley Sidings? just a silly thought.

You can give me a good kicking next time we meet if you like, :O hahah

Andy.

Hi Andy

I think I will give you a kicking next time I see you. :no: :nono: :no2: hahaha

Joking aside, I thought Yard Shunter was something diffrent than a place name, as it is all about shunting in a goods yard.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

I've been planting some peaple in the Yard. ( :O I for got the compost ).

post-3746-0-46392200-1354450519_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-47570400-1354450529_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-76007300-1354450540_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-86092900-1354450552_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-60263900-1354450566_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-63393700-1354450578_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-39465100-1354450591_thumb.jpg

I have some more planting to go in the timber yard when I have finished panting them.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 8

Hi Ray, no in all seriousness the name is a great one and it does what it says on the facia.

I do like your little people, where are they from, I don;t know if I would have the patience or eye sight to hand paint them, but they have really interesting poses.

The yard is looking good and busy, please keep the pics coming,

See you again soon Ray,

All the best Andy.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I got the figures from Aidan Campbell Stand when I was at Warley last week. I used a magnefying glass with a light I use it all the time, found very helpfull.

The web Address. www.aidan-campbell.co.uk

All the best Andy

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Some very nice touches in YARD SHUNTER, Ray. I'll be paying some very close attention to your detail for some hints and tips.

I arrived at a very similar layout aimed at shunting and had thought how about having the head shunt on display instead of having the loco disapearing into the fiddle yard all the time.

I too was going to complicate shunting by having no run-a-round loop but others on here suggested I would regret it if I did, so I amended my track plan accorfingly..

It's not yet finalised but it is 0 gauge in 11ft and has had the paper templates laid out.

Looks much improved with the figures Ray. Certainly bring the yard to life!

How did you get on with the painting?

Have you any figures left for the timber yard?

Hi Richard

Thank you for your comments. I have some figures left for the Timber yard, I just planted them this morning and put pics on latter.

Some very nice touches in YARD SHUNTER, Ray. I'll be paying some very close attention to your detail for some hints and tips.

I arrived at a very similar layout aimed at shunting and had thought how about having the head shunt on display instead of having the loco disapearing into the fiddle yard all the time.

I too was going to complicate shunting by having no run-a-round loop but others on here suggested I would regret it if I did, so I amended my track plan accorfingly..

It's not yet finalised but it is 0 gauge in 11ft and has had the paper templates laid out.

Hi Barnaby

Thank you for your comments. I had to put in a run round because of the timber siding. I used C&L templates and glued them down on the board and layed the track on that.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Ii is tea time in the Timber Merchants but the fork lift driver has to load the lorry before he can have his tea break and the driver of the lorry looks puzzled why he is being loaded when the rest of them have there break.

post-3746-0-98326300-1354563886_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-30147700-1354563899_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-46463700-1354563917_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-89574400-1354563922.jpg

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Yard Shunter is booked for.

Beaminster at 19th January 2013

Biggleswade 23rd February.

Nailsea 16th.17th March

Bideford for a charity show 26th May

My home show Barnstaple 27th July

To be confirmed

Plymouth 10th. 11th August

Hayle 24th 25th August

Warley 2015

Keeping busy this year.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Hi Ray, I wish I could get that far South and West. Looks like you are going to be busy for the next few years as I have found, almost every show brings in another offer.

Good Luck and keep the pics coming.

Andy.

Hi Andy

Yes I'll be busy this year. I also got Warly for 2015 but to be confirmed. I bet you do wish to be down here with all the rain we have been having.

I have got some more figures to paint.

Sent some more pics when the figures are done.

RAY70B

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Yard Shunter is booked for.

Beaminster at 19th January 2013

Biggleswade 23rd February.

Nailsea 16th.17th March

Bideford for a charity show 26th May

My home show Barnstaple 27th July

To be confirmed

Plymouth 10th. 11th August

Hayle 24th 25th August

Warley 2015

RAY70B

You're doing some mileage Ray; I should be coming to Beaminster in January, maybe I can have a play?

Cheers,

Dave.