Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

Morning Ray,   Glad you had a great time at the show, it's always great to meet fellow RMWebbers 'face to face', and get to chat with them, looking forward to seeing 33xxx running on your layout soon, great stuff,

George.. 

Duncan, you can NEVER have enough photos, me and Andy always take about 500+ between us at a good show, (good reference for later project's).

• 2 weeks later...

With the Q1 finished I will be getting Yard Shunter ready for Nailsea, there is a few jobs on it I have got to do.  The roof on the timber shed I will have to glue back as it came off at Bigglswade the other week and try out the Q1.

RAY70B    

Have a good show ray, and please post some pics.

Andy

Hi Andy.

I will try to do some pics, if not I know Richard will take some as he has Orchard Road there as well.

Hello Ray, l have been having a good read through you thread, and l must say l love all the little cameo's you have created on this lovely layout, well done great stuff

George..

Hi George.

I always thought you new of this thread. Thank you I am glade you like all the little cameo's.

RAY70B    

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

Yes, I will bring my camera and tripod, so should be able to get some good photos Sunday morning before the show opens. Not very easy or convenient using a tripod when the show is open, unless much later in the day when the visitor numbers dwindle.

Do you need anymore operators for the weekend?

Hi Richard

I think I should be ok apart from when I would like to look around the show and boderly functions.

Thank you for offering to do some pictures I guess you would have.    

Thank you for offering.

RAY70B

• RMweb Gold

Ray (and Richard)  -  I should be heading for Nailsea on Saturday so will happily relieve either or both of you (not at the same time, obviously!) while you go and do whatever you want to go and do.

Thanks Graham. I will have my son with me, but you are welcome to have a run on Orchard Road. I'm sure that Ray would appreciate the help!

I really enjoyed seeing you operate this layout at the Nailsea show today. I didn't realise you were an 'RMwebber' at the time, but thought I recognised the name from somewhere! I would have happily offered to operate it for a while to give you a break had I known! It looked like great fun. I was admiring your Bachmann 08 with SWD sound, compared with the standard Hornby DCC sound offering.

Layout looked even better in the flesh!

Hi Ray

It was good to see you again and have a chat about West Middlesex etc......!!! I knew you must have hailed from around my area!! I'm sorry I didn't have time to have a play on YS, but one of the guys I came with, had to get back to Minehead earlier than I realised, Also Richard had offered me the chance to have a play on OR, but again, didn't have enough time I'm afraid and couldn't find him to explain.

Anyway, hope to see you again soon & keep up the good work

All the best & hope the show went well for you.

Dave

Had a fantastic weekend at Nailsea.   I did use my Ipod as I borrowed the clubs NCE hand set, so I have a problem with mine. Yard Shunter ran very well with no problems at all. 

It good to see a few RMwebbers out there. One guy I spoke to was a fireman from Gillingham Kent and we were talking about the Q1'S and old times, and also finding out that Exmoordave is from my part of country and  reminiscence old times.  

Dave.

I am sorry you are not to keen on moden technology but you are welcome to have a play on Yard Shunter I wil be standing next to you showing you how.    

leavesontheline.

It also good to see you, glade you liked Yard Shunter and the 08 Shunter with the sound, I think the SWD sounds a lot better than the Hornby 08. yes you would wellcome to have Shunting section on Y.S.

Andy

Madmagnet has took a few picture at Nailsea for me so hope he will put them on when he has time.

My Q1 ran very well better then I thought it would, so very pleased with that. 

My next show is at Melksham on the 13th 14th April  looking forward to that.

RAY70B     

• RMweb Gold

Madmagnet has took a few picture at Nailsea for me so hope he will put them on when he has time.

RAY70B     

Hi Ray - slight typo there - should be Mudmagnet - but perhaps your spelling is appropriate!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...