MANCHESTER EXHIBITION THIS WEEKEND - 75 YEARS YOUNG

Andy C

Our 75th Exhibition will take place on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd October 2011 at the Armitage Centre, Moseley Road, Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6ZT

Our 75th Exhibition (we think that this is a world record) will be a special occasion with famous layouts, old favourites and some inspiring newcomers. Much of the planning has now been done and we look forward to seeing you at the Armitage Centre.

Confirmed layouts are listed below, but there are 2 more still to be added, so watch this space.

Manchester big trams

7mm

Canaan Valley 0n30 USA

Gas Works 1950s Industrial

Heyside 1950s BR ( Oldham area) steam

Leeton 1950s BR (Leigh area) steam

S scale

Bank Hall Sidings 1950s BR (Burnley area) steam

4mm

Blakeney EM 1950s BR (East Anglia) steam

Bodmin P4 1930s GWR (Cornwall)

Clinkerford P4 1930s GWR (Forest of Dean)

Dewsbury Midland 00 1960s BR (NE) steam

Duncrevie Sidings EM current EWS Scotland

Dunvant EM 1920s LMS (South Wales)

Halifax King Cross P4 1960s BR (NE) steam

Knutsford East Junction P4 1920s Cheshire Lines

Leighton Buzzard (Linslade) EM 1910 Great Central (ex Peter Denny layout)

Manygates 00 1970s BR (London area) diesel

Solway Sands & The Blockyard 00 1960s BR/industrial Cumberland

Thurston 00 1960s BR (East Anglia) steam

Widnes Vine Yard 00 current Merseyside

3.5mm

All the way from Germany - a first for Manchester

WEK (click for link) H0e narrow gauge (Germany)

3mm

Ballyconnel Road 1955 Great Northern (Ireland)

2mm

Law Junction N Post Privatisation West Coast Main Line

Loch Tat N current Scotrail West Highland line

Terrific line-up, Andy! A little bird tells me that this is to be the final appearance of Blakeney.

Chris

Indeed Chris, and most appropriate as well, because Manchester was its first show many moons ago :drinks:

Yes, that's a fine list of layouts!

We're really happy to be bringing Thurston back to Manchester too! It was quite a few years ago when we were last invited and a heck of a lot of work has been done on the layout, and especially the rolling stock, since then. If I ever get any free time (...unlikely with my current schedule...) I'm producing a new Thurston film focussing on all the rolling stock. [by the way, Thurston will most likely be running in late 50's period, not 1960's (but that's a fine detail) and I'll need to check with our crew nearer the time on that].

Blakeney was at our Ely show this year (it was on the stage of our Main Hall with Crumley and Little Wickhill) so I'm really glad we managed to get it before it retires - both beautiful layouts! I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see Blakeney again, albeit for one last time and with luck, maybe, I'll actually have some spare time to view it properly :rolleyes:

At our show I was too snowed under helping run our understaffed "exhibition visitors light refreshment sales opportunity"... I mean cafe... (as well as supposedly running our busy show!)

HI All

Law junction has always been post privatisation.

I will see what i have new to keep up with the times!! the last train I added "not another" was the Castle cement from Clithero to Mossend.

Regards Arran

• 2 weeks later...

Praying not to be opposite Charlie! Seen enough videos about Deltics!

Now as it happens Jonathon, we will be doing the hall floor plan this next week. It can be arranged for you to be in the vicinity of Yorkshires favourite son if you really like ;)

Our 75th Exhibition will take place on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd October 2011 at the Armitage Centre, Moseley Road, Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6ZT

Our 75th Exhibition (we think that this is a world record) will be a special occasion with famous layouts, old favourites and some inspiring newcomers. Much of the planning has now been done and we look forward to seeing you at the Armitage Centre.

Andy,

I knew you had organised the show for a while but I did'nt realise you had done it for that long. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Just don't put us between him and the food, please, Andy.

Floor plan completed - you are not next to Charlie, but not that far away either!! As always, Charlie is between the whole exhibition and the food :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Long may it reign!

John E.

And so it will with you in charge John - for those not in know I am retiring (although staying on in a mentoring capacity for the next year to assist with the things John isnt familiar with) and John is the new MMRS Exhibition Manager, officially from when the show closes to the public on the Sunday and to be ratified at the AGM.

After 25 years of organising Model railway shows, first at Rochdale then at Manchester from the end of the 1999 show, Ive decided to hang my hat up and get on with some modelling instead of worrying if things are on target. John is taking over and comes into a very well organised team putting on the show, and I think he will be taking it onwards and upwards. Welcome aboard.

There are twenty four layouts in the line-up; the missing one from the list above is Albion Yard, by PMP of this parish, running in 1960s Forest of Dean guise. Hmm, that's two Forest of Dean layouts (Clinkerford's the other)

We believe 75 shows to be a record for a model railway exhibition, maybe even for any type of exhibition - does anyone know whether there have even been 75 Motor Shows?

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible - I know there is a substantial number who'll be there with various layouts but it would be nice if lots of the rest of you paid to come in!

Phil

Just a month to go to what is the must visit event in the North West this year. All top quality layouts, no padding and free parking - once the 350 - 400 spaces at the venue are full theres even plenrty of unrestricted free on street parking along the main road and side streets.

Final preparations now in full swing.

Archived