Stand by your hammocks

Andy Y

The SWAG area of the site has undergone a refit and is ready to sail in the Group Format.

The Admiralty have sent an invitation to your Captain to join the vessel; look smart as he'll anticipate being piped aboard. Once he's aboard he'll be shown to the bridge, shown the controls and handed the captain's log.

Red coat brushed, brass buttons buffed and pony tail chalked.

Standing by to beat the quarterdeck!

On the 28th of October 1664 the Admiral's Regiment (Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot), later to become the Royal Marines, was formed. The Order-in-Council raising the Regiment included the following:

'twelve hundred men are to be put into one Regiment under one Colonel,

one Lieutenant Colonel and one Sergeant Major and to be divided into six

Companies, each Company to consist of two hundred soldiers; and to have

one Captain, one Lieutenant, one Ensign, one Drummer, four Sergeants

and four Corporals........'

laugh.gifIts going to be a tight fit!

The Captain has sent a missive to the Admiralty complaining that we hadn't geographically recognised that he'd annexed Gloucestershire some three years ago. The omission near on caused an outbreak of gunboat diplomacy to limit the plans of the Mercians to expand into the Forest of Dean.

The Admiralty have amended their charts.

I hear a 'scouting party' is being sent 'Up North' to see if a full scale invasion is possible!

Leaving the Western Approaches in a small fast skiff, and hoping to catch them up there asleep, or their attention distracted by small mechanical models!

• RMweb Gold

The Captain has sent a missive to the Admiralty complaining that we hadn't geographically recognised that he'd annexed Gloucestershire some three years ago. The omission near on caused an outbreak of gunboat diplomacy to limit the plans of the Mercians to expand into the Forest of Dean.

In point of fact, Gloucestershire has always been an integral part of Swagonia, right from the very early days, when the Noble Dagworth declared his allegiance to the Noble Realm and swore to maintain his lonely vigil on our Northern borders. A subsequent Official Visit to the fair city of Cheltenham confirmed that all was well, and that Dagworth and his trusty Lieutenants were indeed patronising satisfactory curry houses... :D

I seem to remember this was the briefing when we annexed the North!

We've never annexed the North! We've never even contemplated it!

We have sent the occasional Diplomatic Mission to Yorkshire and Humberside and I once watched an episode of Coronation Street, but that's about it.... :laugh:

What we did do, of course, was to send SWAG armour into Wales, in the days before they had WAG. This clearly did the trick, because after a short Occupation, the Principality formed their own group and haven't looked back since.... ;)

And of course, I can now assure you all, with complete sincerity, that the Noble Realm has no further territorial ambitions....

• RMweb Gold
And of course, I can now assure you all, with complete sincerity, that the Noble Realm has no further territorial ambitions....

.... but if you could oblige us with a Bren Gun, or failing that a hand grenade or two!! wink.gif

• RMweb Gold

.... but if you could oblige us with a Bren Gun, or failing that a hand grenade or two!! wink.gif

Oh no, we start with the subtle propaganda first..... :laugh:

Perhaps SAG the area concerned will 'invite' some SWAG 'advisors' to help quell a local insurrection?..... perhaps the locals refuse to replace their Adams Radials with 14XX tanks? A heinous crime in our view. It may be that they persist in trying to pull the skins off rice puddings with their Spamcans, who knows? :lol:

Ahhhh, never ee mind my lovelies, your eastern borders are secure against the incursions of those dastardly SWAGgies an I'm aboard with ee.

Phil

Pieces of seven, pieces of severn .......... blasted inflation!

• RMweb Gold

I would like to point out that this map shows that in some fields, the West Borders should also come under SWAG!?

We have no further territorial ambitions! I doubt that the peace-loving folk of the Welsh Border areas want the massed ranks of Swagonian Redcoats (Padstow Lancers or the Westward Ho! Fusiliers) marching down their High Streets.... ;)

The Herefordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire could easily be digested!? wink.gif

I think I'd rather have a curry! :lol:

• RMweb Gold
We have no further territorial ambitions! I doubt that the peace-loving folk of the Welsh Border areas want the massed ranks of Swagonian Redcoats (Padstow Lancers or the Westward Ho! Fusiliers) marching down their High Streets.... ;)

The Welsh Border Counties would ensure that the Seven Shires that make up the noble Kindgom Swagonia would have protection from the North, not to mention a stronger union with our Welsh allies! tongue.gifwink.gif (Come to think of it who is the King of Swagonia? May I apply!) wink.gif

Regards,

Nicholas William Charles Brinkly, King of the Seven Shires of Swagonia! yahoo.gif

Archived