Railex 2012

David Bigcheeseplant

We had a meeting with the Stadium management last night, the new road although finished will not be open for Railex, as the local council need to adopt the road which won't be till July when the Oylimpic torch uses the road for the first time.

Also Southwark Bridge Models have had to pull out due to health issues, therefore due to DC kits having more space that I had popped on the floor plan for them, I have moved stand 12 Isinglass Models to were Southwark Bridge Models were. I will upload an ammended floor plan later.

David

railexcolour.jpg

1 Railex Information Point / Club Stand

2 R&DMRC Second Hand Sales

3 Parkside Dundas

4 Wizard Models (inc MSE/51L)

5 Golden Arrow Productions

6 Cooper Craft

7 247 Developments

8 ALL Components

9 Railwayania

10 Exactoscale & The P4 Track Company

11 London Road Models

12 Isinglass Models

13 DC Kits & D&E Videos

14 Eileen's Emporium

15 Wild Swan Publications

16 Road Transport Images

17 Pendon Museum

18 G.W. Models

19 Rural Railways

20 Ian's Trains

21 Unit Models

22 M.B. Models

23 Tools 2000

24 Cheltenham Model Centre

25 Freestone Model Accessories

26 Alan Gibson

27 Groenen Creek

28 Missenden Abbey Railway Modellers' Weekends

29 Modelling Demonstrations

30 Great Central Railway Society

31 S Scale Society

32 N Brass Locomotives

33 Roger Carpenter Photographs

34 Agenoria 'O' Models

35 Gramodels

36 Scale 7 Group

37 Lionheart Trains

38 Ceynix Railway Trees

39 Inkerman Street

40 Gauge O Guild

41 Yeoton Wharf

42 West Tilgate

43 Mini MSW

44 Wenford Bridge Goods Depot

45 2mm Scale Association

46 Plus Daughters

47 Hobby Holidays

48 Dragon Models

49 Roxey Mouldings

50 Sunningwell Command Control

51 Horton Regis

52 C+L Finescale Modelling Ltd

53 Green Scene

54 Penlan

55 Shawplan Model Products

56 Radley Models

57 Noodle Books

58 Brinkley

59 Llanastr

60 Horsley Bank

61 Scalefour Society

62 Burntisland

63 Clarendon

64 Birmingham Moor Street

65 M.A.R.C. Models

66 High Level Kits

67 Dart Castings

68 AMBIS Engineering

69 Comet Models

70 Judith Edge Kits

72 Canada Road

73 Diesels in the Duchy

74 Bron Hebog

75 Brewhouse Quay

76 Albion Yard

77 Model Railway Developments

Railex 2012 Floorplan ANT3.pdf

There was some doubt that Exactoscale was going to attend due to Len Newman's health and pulling out of Scalefour North, although I spoke to Andrew Jukes this week and can confirm Exactoscale will be at Railex.

Also Aylesbury High Street built by Geoff Williams has been aquired by one of our club members who will be bringing a couple of boards along for display, this will be the first time this iconic model has ever been seen in public, having been in built and stored in the loft.

David

Also Aylesbury High Street built by Geoff Williams has been aquired by one of our club members who will be bringing a couple of boards along for display, this will be the first time this iconic model has ever been seen in public, having been in built and stored in the loft.

It just keeps getting better and better.

• RMweb Gold

David

This is great news. One of my all time favourites, will be great to see it in the flesh.

Jerry

Although the doors open to the exhibition open at 10.30 on Saturday and 10.00 on Sunday, Railex tickets can be brought from around 9.00 each day from the stadium reception, as the cafe will be open from this time, so breakfast or other food can be brought, also the balcony over looking the hall is also open so it is possible to get food buy a programme sit in the balcony and see the show being set up.

Also Sunday is much quieter than Saturday so if you want to get a better view of the layouts consider coming on Sunday

David

Given that I now can't get to EmExpo... and that there's the possibility of seeing sprung bogies (and there's a Bach 47 on my workbench), I think I might need to see if I can work this into the calendar and convince SWMBO that it was there all along. Wish me luck.

Hello All

I have just uploaded the Railex 2012 Vintage Bus Timetable in downloadable pdf file to the below sites:

http://www.railex.org.uk/

http://www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk/

Please note that the Sunday timetable is Provisional at the moment, as Chiltern Railways have yet to release changes to the below route

Birmingham - Statford-upon-Avon - Banbury - High Wycombe - London Marylebone:

Sporting event at Wembley National Stadium: League 2 Play Off Final. Some trains will additionally call at Wembley Stadium station, and some trains will be retimed.

I am hoping that there should not be to many changes, just extra stops at Wembley on the way in and out of London.

I will post an update once I find out!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Please note although the new access road is not yet open to cars, there is pedestrian access so for using the Arriva 300 bus Aylesbury-High Wycombe service please alight at Churchill avenue rather than Harvey Road and walk down stadium approach, this is less than a five minute walk.

Our Routemaster will depart the railway station car park, Viki my other half will be selling programes on the bus on both days, on Saturday she should be assisted my Mo, and on Sunday by her sister, so please be nice to them!

Last year she dressed up, although for some reason programme sales increased once she had removed her bus inspectors hat!

David

Hi,

I'll be one of the team from the High Wycombe Club helping to park cars on the Saturday, so you may get a chance to say hello, or may not, depends on whether your in a car or just passing!

See you there!

Simon

Hi,

I'll be one of the team from the High Wycombe Club helping to park cars on the Saturday, so you may get a chance to say hello, or may not, depends on whether your in a car or just passing!

See you there!

Simon

I think that I am probably being a bit dim... sorry, but the parking instructions are a little confusing. Park in the town and get the bus (once an hour)... or walk? Can we park at the statium .... access road not open.... railex website map shows many car parks... but which si recommended and is it walkable? Not been before, so a bit confused. Sorry? Can I be pointed to the correct post to read and re-read? Or could it be clarified. Thanks and sorry.

Jon

I think that I am probably being a bit dim... sorry, but the parking instructions are a little confusing. Park in the town and get the bus (once an hour)... or walk? Can we park at the statium .... access road not open.... railex website map shows many car parks... but which si recommended and is it walkable? Not been before, so a bit confused. Sorry? Can I be pointed to the correct post to read and re-read? Or could it be clarified. Thanks and sorry.

Jon

There is free stadium car parking but it does get very busy due to the swim school and gym at the stadium being open too.

Access to the stadium is via Harvey road as it has been in the past, there is a new and more direct road that has been built but this is not yet open for cars, but you can walk down it from the bus stop.

We have aquired one of the ajacent hospital staff car parks that our car park stewards will direct you to if the stadium car park is full, (if you park in this car park we will give you a parking pass to display in your window.) There is also the pay and display car parks at the hospital.

There is also free parking around the roads to the stadium and also on the other side of the railway on the Elm Farm road, but please don't block drives or access.

There is plenty of car parks in the town centre, friarscroft by the rear of morrisons and close to the railway station is the cheepest.

Our free bus runs from the railway station car park a (green routemaster bus) other sevice buses run from the bus station route 300 every 20 minutes.

I hope this helps

David

There is free stadium car parking but it does get very busy due to the swim school and gym at the stadium being open too.

Access to the stadium is via Harvey road as it has been in the past, there is a new and more direct road that has been built but this is not yet open for cars, but you can walk down it from the bus stop.

We have aquired one of the ajacent hospital staff car parks that our car park stewards will direct you to if the stadium car park is full, (if you park in this car park we will give you a parking pass to display in your window.) There is also the pay and display car parks at the hospital.

There is also free parking around the roads to the stadium and also on the other side of the railway on the Elm Farm road, but please don't block drives or access.

I hope this helps

David

David, yes it does help.. thanks very much.

Jon

Hello All

Vintage Bus Timetable Update

I have now obtained the amended Sunday service from Chiltern Railways, there are virtually no changes to our Bus timetable because, therefore I have uploaded the amended Railex 2012 Vintage Bus Timetable in downloadable pdf file to the below sites:

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hello All

Vintage Bus Timetable Update

I have now obtained the amended Sunday service from Chiltern Railways, there are virtually no changes to our Bus timetable because, therefore I have uploaded the amended Railex 2012 Vintage Bus Timetable in downloadable pdf file to the below sites:

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Can you upload the timetable directly on here

David

Archived