Railex 2012

David Bigcheeseplant

I have just been notified that Exactoscale have had to withdraw from this years Railex, their place has been taken by South Eastern Finecast.

David

That is a shame (the dropping out at such short notice). I do hope it has nothing to do with health issues.

Whilst applauding SEF stepping at this late notice they do not quite fill the same product gap.

Sometimes you must feel like a plate juggler at a circus.

There are still more reasons to attend than not - by a long way - so still looking forward to a good day out.

That is a shame (the dropping out at such short notice). I do hope it has nothing to do with health issues.

Whilst applauding SEF stepping at this late notice they do not quite fill the same product gap.

Sometimes you must feel like a plate juggler at a circus.

There are still more reasons to attend than not - by a long way - so still looking forward to a good day out.

Andrew from Wizzard models normally carries a range of Exactoscale parts and it is possible that C & L may have some bits too, yes it can be a bit of a juggling act at times. it's a good job I have a healthy number of traders in my waiting list who want to attend and I am greatful for Dave Ellis at stepping in at short notice. The amount of calls I having been getting from traders over the last week who ask if I have spare space at this weeks show, I think they must assume I put the show together two weeks before the event!!

The good thing about the interweb thing is any late changes can be updated really quickly.

Look forward to seeing as many people over the weekend as possible,

David

I consider this and Ally Pally to be my two major exhibition outings each year (and while Railex is smaller the quality is sky high), so really looking forward to it. I'll be there for 'doors opening' on the Saturday.

Just a quick word of advice for anyone going - the hall can get a little stuffy at times, and I see the forecast is 23'C for the Aylesbury area (and 24'C for the Sunday), so thin layers recommended. Shorts and t-shirt for me probably.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a good read of the relevant pages but apologies if this is covered somewhere, but as an operator on Albion will be able to use exhibitor parking, assuming there is such a thing? I'll be driving up early on sat.

I've had a good read of the relevant pages but apologies if this is covered somewhere, but as an operator on Albion will be able to use exhibitor parking, assuming there is such a thing? I'll be driving up early on sat.

There is exibitors parking, ask one of our car park stewards when you arrive, as long as you don't need to go out during the show it may involve blocking you in with a van.

David

Well I've been off the radar for a little while, but hope to catch up with Barry Ten (I have a couple of the Cardiff lads with me as well, operating, not sure if that's a plus though :-)) and it looks like Coombe Martin and John Sherratt will be there too, and those other whose names escape me at present.... It really is an age thing, deaf, eyesight dodgy and now my mem........ what's this Forum?

Looking forward to the show - escape from the daily work of retirement, might even get to bed early (anything before 1.30am will be early).

PS - Vans packed, sandwiches in the fridge, pills in the case......

Edit - and somebody's just come to the door to see if I can help/crew a boat this weekend to Concarneau..... (cash and free beer too)... No, Railex comes first.

23 - 24 deg's C, over next couple of day's in Aylesbury according to the Met Office.

Well, that might be of useful source of an excuss if there's any faulty running.

At home max will be about 18 deg's C. Even that's hot for us down by Lands End (UK).

Time now to take the dogs out, see what wildlife is up and about (apart from us), brekky and on the road...

Can we please have more co-ordinated and polite car park attendants this year? - IMO the worst Show for this for many years! . Last year one was franticly telling to move on whilst the other telling me to slow down!

Looking forward to the Show which is always good.

XF

Can we please have more co-ordinated and polite car park attendants this year? - IMO the worst Show for this for many years! . Last year one was franticly telling to move on whilst the other telling me to slow down!

Looking forward to the Show which is always good.

XF

We do try our best to get people parked, and all our car park stewards have radios so if they do see a space becoming avalible then they will do the best to direct you to it, some drivers on the other hand do ignore instructions and do there own thing, also there are the swim school and gym users who seem to think they own the space outside the front door as they always park there.

We could always not man the car park at all and let it become a free for all, but it is our aim is to get people parked either in the main car park the area to the side of the runnnig track or direct people to our car park in the hospital grounds. If our stewards are a bit grumpy it may be that they have had a verbal from a previous car.

Normally our stewards are a cheerful group and the show really would not happen without them, If you are polite to them I am sure they will respond in the same manner. This weekend looks like it will be fine weather although in the past we have had heavy rain, and our lads and ladies in the car park have been really soaked, when I am sure they would have prefered to be dry and inside the show rather than outside directing traffic.

We have always been open with the information in getting to Railex, we would love more on-site parking but that is something out of our control as when its full its full. You can park in the hospital pay and display, on Elm Farm Road close to our Railex bus stop. or get our free vintage bus or a service bus from the town centre.

All the people involved with Railex give up there spare time to make it happen, we have tried to ensure everything we do will make the visit to Railex enjoyable, next year there will be new chalanges when the new roadway opens.

David

David

Can we still park in the school car park and go under the railway?

No, the school appointed a bussiness manager who wanted to charge us more to park one car than we would have been charging one person to get in to Railex! We would have only been able to use the hard standing not the field so we delined his kind offer!!!!

You can still park on roads around the school and walk under the railway, just be careful not to block access or driveways.

David

Can I just add my vote of support for all the car park attendants. I have never found them grumpy, frantic or impolite. In fact far from it. In all weathers and every year they have done their best to get me and many others parked. Parking is usually within a reasonable distance. This is unlike some shows that just have a sign by the road and expect a stranger to find their way in very unknown territory.

Once again the persistence of the school to spite themselves is a pity but there is usually plenty of space at the hospital. As long as there are signs or stewards to point the short cut through to the stadium. The stewards also add a little to the sense of security in a strange place.

As I do a lot of parking duties at Railex, I have seen and heard it all from paying guests to our show and those using the sporting facilities, most of the time we can find parking spaces for you all, normally if you turn up after the show opens on saturdays we cant guarantee a parking spot but if there is one we shall find it for you, the best bet is to park in town and catch the routemaster bus, and bring your lady along and let her shop in town.

I have been known to shout and can be heard across the car parks, and for a good reason, so if aimed at you its to attract your attention.

As the forcast is going to be good for once, please bare with us to save you cooking in your cars.

Ian G

Archived