Comet Models goes all tender!

Mallard60022

Nice work from Mr B at Comet Models if you like 4mm Standard Tenders! I've just seen the ad in R Modeller but have not yet checked out the website.

P @ 36E

Care to enlighten as theres' nothing on the website...yet.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

There's an ad in RM for a BR 'big thing' (as used with 9Fs but I cant remember the 'mark') but as the RM is not in this house at the moment I can't actually remember. I am so sorry! I checked the www as well and no signs yet. Perhaps Mr B has to wait until RM hits the shops as they have the ad's 'first rights' or something?

I'm sure that if you give Geoff at Comet a ring or mail he'll enlighten you.

Apologies for being so forgetful but I am sure from what you guys were saying last year that you will be pleased.

Sincerely, Phil @36E.

Phil,

I assume you are referring to the August edition of Railway Modeller due in the shops tomorrow and you have an advance copy as a subscriber. I have checked the last (July) edition and the Comet advert is showing an LMS tender?

Is my assumption correct?

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how many people will be rushing to their BR Standards book(s) to have a good shufty at the tender bits :rolleyes:.

Nice pic on the www Geoff. Almost looks edible (but I need to get a life.... I know :pleasantry:)

P

• RMweb Premium

Shame I'm on this diet. However, if I get my a*se in gear and get out that REALLY (and I mean REALLY - like one of the originals) old 9F I've been meaning to hack about I would have an excuse to 'obtain' one of these nice looking objects. But then I'd have to get a decent chassis and all those frighteningly expensive wheels, HL or Comet box and gears, valve gear and then a replacement body and parts - DOH!

Back to the little plastic kits for a few hours and then return to my cell.

P @ 36E

Archived