Sixties Diesel And Electric Days Remembered Pt.2

Baby Deltic

Just taken delivery of this book, hot off the press, as you might say, and all I can say is go and get a copy. Part 1 was good, but I think Part 2 is even better.

Plenty of variety including pictures from Grahame Wareham (Brush Veteran) and Bill Wright (Barking Bill on Flickr). There are quite a few previously unpublished shots, good variety, plenty of diesel dinosaurs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just got a package today containing a couple of books, one of which was this book.

As baby Deltic says, go and buy this book. I think it's the best book that Strathwood have done todate. On some of the full page pictures the locos seem to be ready to jump out of the book at you. Fantastic.

Not so many Southern EMUs as in Volume 1. There must be some colour pics of the DoubleDecker about somwhere!!

Volume 3 is called for. Lion on the front cover. Brighton Belle and DoubleDecker pictures on the inside :yahoo:

Keith

• 1 month later...

Got to agree with the above, bought both books at the mid essex model rail show for 50 quid, never spend that much on books but I'm glad I did, they are both fantastic!!!! The quality of some of the pics has to be seen to be believed.

Highly recomended

Steve.

Only a couple but there's a few of locos at stratford in part 2, especially the class 16, which I didn't know existed!! There's some good pics of livery variations including a class 31 in blue with small yellow warning panels and a class 25 with a small orange and yellow warning panel, all great stuff!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a "Heads Up" I have the material ready for press now for Volumes 4 and 5 of Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered with DP2 on the cover of vol.4 and DELTIC on the cover of vol.5 anyone fancy a vol.6?

Also going to press just now are Seventies Spotting Days Chasing the Westerns and in the larger format Seventies Diesel & Electric Days Remembered (who knows they might go to five volumes too if successful).

In the Looking back at series, these are on their way soon:

Class 33, Classes 25 & 25, Peaks, AC Electrics, Type 5 Heavy Freight Locomotives (HS4000, 47601/901, 57601, Classes 56, 58, 59 & 60 all in the one volume).

Eighties Spotting Days Back to the Ashes II is also on it's way.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood

Just a "Heads Up" I have the material ready for press now for Volumes 4 and 5 of Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered with DP2 on the cover of vol.4 and DELTIC on the cover of vol.5 anyone fancy a vol.6?

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood

Keep 'em coming. One, two and three were excellent.

Archived