Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

Spent a pleasant evening last night in the company of Kevin(Hampshire Hog), Paul(PaulRhb) and Scott(pitbull1845) playing trains at Leaford and I had the intention of taking a few pics but left the camera's memory card at home, so only managed a couple with the iPhone!

post-6922-0-08946900-1452667232.jpg

My 73132 poses in Leaford Yard alongside Kevin's 73105.

Thanks for an enjoyable evening fellas, my place next, and enjoy the holiday Kevin.

• Like 9

Yes, many thanks Pitbull they are Electroten, I am sorry for my lack of response  over the last couple of days - but 87 year old mother in law had an electrical fire in her recently purchased flat luckily with no injuries and very little damage due to very quick action by the emergency services my sincere thanks to all concerned,  lady luck was certainly looking favourable at us Thursday night.

Anyway my thanks to Pitbull, Temeraire and RHBPaul for your company t'other night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself  with much chat especially about a certain new introduction from Dapol, and along that theme here's a picture:-

post-5799-0-93172400-1453015072_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any more pictures?

Yes Shed  a couple in a tick, if you like me are fed up that Kernow only commissioned 2 car 205 Thumpers here is a possible solution for a Network Southeast centre car, using a Replica 63 foot Mk1 suburban coach, The Replica open seating moulding and glazing suitable for the 63foot Suburban Coach, the slightly shortened chassis from a Bachmann 4 Cep centre coach (as suggested by Ian aka Temeraire), 1 spray can of Halfords White Plastic Primer Paint (for overall coach colour), some Railmatch NSE Blue 243 - NSE Red 238 - Royal Mail Red 241 (for cantrail stripe) - NSE Grey 239 - Mat Black 205 (for coach roof and ends) - Weathered Black 412 (for coach chassis), some Tamiya 6mm masking tape, some Fox Transfers NSE Blue coach numbers F4754/1 and Network Southeast  graphics F4231.

The only extra thing will be another Bachmann Coupler as supplied with the 205 Thumper that means for DCC users you still only need one DCC Chip. 

post-5799-0-00037000-1462116017_thumb.jpg  

post-5799-0-39359300-1462116056_thumb.jpg

It is not a perfect match but I hope that you like it.

My best regards

Kevin.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate that looks great. I'm Hoping to get on with mine over this week as I have the time off and I picked up the two CEP trailers last night. Maybe you could come and give me a hand with my airbrush sometime as I've never used one myself?

• Like 1

Hi mate that looks great. I'm Hoping to get on with mine over this week as I have the time off and I picked up the two CEP trailers last night. Maybe you could come and give me a hand with my airbrush sometime as I've never used one myself?

Yes ok, it will have to an evening though as I am working all the rest of the week, just let me know which evening will be ok for you.

Bobster,  Does that mean you have a blue and grey one on order or that someone is painting one for you? coz I would love a blue and grey one but painting that livery fills me with terror (all that fiddly white lining around the grey especially on the curved corners). 

Pete 75c, My thanks to you for your kind comment, it is appreciated.

Another couple of pictures,  Leaford Town yard shows evidence of some recent civil engineering work in the area.

post-5799-0-32191000-1462178206_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-22433600-1462178253_thumb.jpg

Cheerio for now,

Kevin.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

The third coach looks spot on Kevin :)

Don't forget to measure up those Red Cross transfers as I've got a sheet ready to print with other stuff on so I can do it this week and pop them over sometime soon.

Kevin,

Just spend a few days reading this topic front to back and back to front again! Absolutely brilliant work, great modelling and great operations as well; your trains actually have somewhere to go and do their things. Something I am missing on a lot of layouts..

The extensions really add to the 'value'!

Earlier in the topic you drew a rough track plan of the original layout, but I am having some trouble fixing together the pieces of the extension. The three videos earlier give a good impression on how the different parts connect but I still cannot seem to figure out what is exactly where and how it all fits together. Can I be so bold to ask you for another updated track plan?

Keep up the good work, definitely going to keep following this one!

Edwin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Earlier in the topic you drew a rough track plan of the original layout, but I am having some trouble fixing together the pieces of the extension. The three videos earlier give a good impression on how the different parts connect but I still cannot seem to figure out what is exactly where and how it all fits together. Can I be so bold to ask you for another updated track plan?

This might help with the locations and I'm stitching some pics together for Kevin to make a track plan ;)

post-6968-0-08309000-1462874565_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5