Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Over Peover

TREEMENDUS

Colin

Yesterday I measured the station. The roof is actually 13' x 4' and the platforms are 24' long.

Bare with me and i'll post more photos soon.

Thanks

Ant

Thanks Ant, I shall look forward to seeing more of this, its a stunning layout.

Colin

Thank you everybody

Your right CME some of the scenics had been done prior to me starting and the first stage for me was to go over and enhance what had already been done in certain areas, as you say this had to blend in where the new and old met. As for the dry stone walling they were already made and had been taken up when the extension was being added, I pieced together what I could (that's the photo you spied) and had just enough to continue the wall to fit in with the new spur. A master was made and then cast to produce the required length of wall. Individual stones were stuck to the top of the wall to make it look completely random. I'd recommend making a 12" length of wall and casting it in plaster as many times as you need until you have the required length, then glue seperate stones along the top and paint.

There are lots more photos I can post if you want to see some.

I'll show you the trees soon Julian.

Cheers

Ant

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the tip off on the walling, sounds like a great idea.

I have heard that 'reptile litter' would make a good master so I shall investigate that in due course.

We're not sure how much walling is required yet, so time will tell how it will turn out.

Keep posting photos of your wonderful work, I expect your client is very pleased, I would be if it were my layout!

ATVB

CME

Reptile litter! That's what I love about scale modelling, something in the "real" world can be used for something totally different within a scale scene. You could try DAS/Air Clay spread onto a 12" x 2" strip of wood and scribe your own length of wall, then produce copies off that.,.. might be more straight forward?

Thanks for your kind words

Ant

• 4 weeks later...

Andy York visited John Ryans last month to photograph some of the progress so far. His photos will do the layout far more justice than mine. Look out for them in Decembers Modelling Inspirations forum magazine. I've seen a couple of his photos and they are superb!!

Ant

• RMweb Gold

I hope I insult no-one when I say the earliest photos in this thread reminded me of the landmark O gauge layout of W S Norris, many decades ago. The more recent photos take it into modern modeling times, however, and I shall look forward to the Andy Y take in early course.

24' platforms need a bit of contemplation....

As an 0 Gauge modeller I am ashamed to admit I have only just noticed this post.

I have the DVD and watch it in awe on a regular basis, but the extension and updates are simply breathtaking.

For me, the impossible dream (but it's nice to be able to dream).

Lets hope they make another (much longer this time) DVD when it's finished, watching trains in that environment must be a joy.

As Oldddudders says 24' platforms do take some contemplation (I wish I had 24' for a layout!!)

Please keep the photo's coming, they are a real inspiration.

regards

Stewart

The longer Over Peover DVD is definitely planned and starting to come together with some 1080P surround sound footage shot already, loads more to capture as the layout develops. There will be some new techniques for the capture process too, but more of that in due course as it comes together!

Thanks for the information Cliff, excellent news I will look forward to that, and I am sure it will sell well.

regards

Stewart

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan

Sorry about the delay in this reply but I have only just seen your question. The sleepers in this area are very thin in depth so what you see here is the track sat onto a foam underlay. The underlay has been coloured to suit and has had some Treemendus weathered ballast added to it in certain areas. The ash piles are also a Treemendus product called Lineside ash (both to be added to the website shop soon). I'll post some more photos soon.

Thanks

Ant

I hope I insult no-one when I say the earliest photos in this thread reminded me of the landmark O gauge layout of W S Norris, many decades ago. The more recent photos take it into modern modeling times, however, and I shall look forward to the Andy Y take in early course.

24' platforms need a bit of contemplation....

Yeah some of the early photos were just to spruce it up a bit. I hope to go over those areas again to bring it "up to date". There has been lots of work done since the last photos I posted - The girder bridge is now in place, which replaces the stone bridge on the curve leading to Over Peover station - more photos soon.

Ant

Alan as requested - some more photos of the engine shed area. Since these photos were taken lots more details have been added to the area - Yard lamps, Water cranes and lots of clutter. New photos will be posted at some point.

Please follow the link below

Cheers

Ant

• 2 years later...

... .  Over Peover is an O gauge layout approx 70' x 30' and there is a considerable amount of scenic work required. attachicon.gifOVER PEOVER JAN 2011.JPG

-- Have only just encountered this magnificent & O gauge layout and am lost for words in admiration!

- To what degree of accuracy is the track's gauge: ordinary O Gauge, Fine scale, S7G. or whatever?

Totally muiffed that as a subscriber an ex-subscriber I had no way of obtaining the DVD of Over Peover without buying the magazine a second time.I respect Andy's comments on this matter and I hope he respects my options as a customer.

Regards,Derek.

Hi, just about to read the article but disappointed that there's no track plan, Andy Y say it would take another supplement, and having looked at the first couple of pages I can see why.

Some fantastic pics, both on here and from Andy in BRM.

I never did see the original DVD so I'm hoping it will be featured on one of the new forthcoming ones very soon.

Bodge

... .

So - mirror mirror on the wall - who has the biggest roof of all? Lime Street, Man Central, Over Peover or someone else lurking in the shadows? Wouldn't we all just love to have the space, time and money to do something like this!

-- As far as length is concerned may I submit RUGBY?

- Memory suggests that the original roof's length was in the region of some 1,250.ft.; in 'O' gauge that's approx. 29ft.!  (The island platform's actual length was approx. 1,380.ft. - possibly one of the longest in GB.?),.

Totally muiffed that as a subscriber an ex-subscriber I had no way of obtaining the DVD of Over Peover without buying the magazine a second time.I respect Andy's comments on this matter and I hope he respects my options as a customer.

Regards,Derek.

Suddenly after yesterdays news about "Tetleys" this does not seem to matter very much.

Called perspective I believe.

Archived