NRM Prototype Deltic

Coach bogie

• RMweb Premium

I have heard a couple of rumours that the NRM are going to produce another batch of the prototype Deltic.

Can anyone shed any light on this or is it just nonsense?

regards

Mike Wiltshire

They seem to come round at regular intervals with various changes to attract collectors.

I would not be surprised to get an email around the end of October offering me the latest edition.(Just in time for Christmas)

Phone or email the NRM shop if you want to find out what is happening.

Bernard

Don't know when this appeared on the online shop but they are doing a weathered version http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/models/product/311656/Bachmann-deltic-p1-weathered-exclusive-model.html

There is also another clean version on the list but I am not sure what the difference is to the last ones. http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/models/product/311649/Bachmann-deltic-p1-standard-exclusive-model.html

Still waiting for a sound version.

Don't know when this appeared on the online shop but they are doing a weathered version http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/models/product/311656/Bachmann-deltic-p1-weathered-exclusive-model.html

There is also another clean version on the list but I am not sure what the difference is to the last ones. http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/models/product/311649/Bachmann-deltic-p1-standard-exclusive-model.html

Is this the N guage version?

Is this the N guage version?

No, the N gauge one isn't an exclusive.

Maybe they've changed the box or the barge this time round to limit this lot to 500 :laugh: .

The weathering doesn't look great but its not surprising when they aren't charging any extra for it.

Don't know when this appeared on the online shop but they are doing a weathered version http://www.nrmshop.c...sive-model.html

There is also another clean version on the list but I am not sure what the difference is to the last ones. http://www.nrmshop.c...sive-model.html

Thanks for the info. Will be calling them in the morning.

Mike Wiltshire

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the NRM website stating 'pre-order' (well it did on Tuesday when I ordered on line) a box was delivered yesterday containing a Bachmann prototype Deltic.

They are back in stock everyone.

One warning. NRM are using a delivery outfit called Yodel who left a £150+ order on my doorstep in pouring rain. A card put through the door stating we have left your parcel and a tick against 'a safe place'????? Luckily I bought it to run so the water damaged box is of no consequence. The email from NRM confirming dispatch came through this morning, the day after delivery.

Moans over, it is still the 'model of the decade' and I say that as a GWR modeller with an NRM Truro!

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

Despite the NRM website stating 'pre-order' (well it did on Tuesday when I ordered on line) a box was delivered yesterday containing a Bachmann prototype Deltic.

They are back in stock everyone.

One warning. NRM are using a delivery outfit called Yodel who left a £150+ order on my doorstep in pouring rain. A card put through the door stating we have left your parcel and a tick against 'a safe place'????? Luckily I bought it to run so the water damaged box is of no consequence. The email from NRM confirming dispatch came through this morning, the day after delivery.

Moans over, it is still the 'model of the decade' and I say that as a GWR modeller with an NRM Truro!

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

I would complain about this delivery mob,I got a re-arrange delivery card (mon-fri)so need to sort something out.Speaking as a Postman if I left a parcel out in the rain I would not have a job to go to this week.Item requires a signature as well !

I would complain about this delivery mob,I got a re-arrange delivery card (mon-fri)so need to sort something out.Speaking as a Postman if I left a parcel out in the rain I would not have a job to go to this week.Item requires a signature as well !

I intend to advise the NRM what idiots they are using.

I have had no problem with GPO deliveries. My postman takes the trouble to know his community (as did the postman at previous addresses). When I move in he knocked on the door and discussed what to do with bulk packets if I was at work, with the result that packets are hidden in a dry place we agreed or left with a neighbour. His relief just uses her common sense and drops them at the local post office for me to pick up. It is a few miles away but I would rather that than what Yodel left me.

To all traders. please use the GPO again. They have their problems but I never experienced anything like this.

Mike Wiltshire

Over the past years I've imported and sourced domestically tons of products over the internet, all of which requires delivery. Maybe its jsut my local area, but Royal Mail have always been timely and have never done anything as such to cause damage. On the other hand I've used companies like CIty Link (spelt with a silent sh ;)) and always have issues. I'd need a calculator to count the times these courier firms have messed up or simply not even bothered trying to deliver and carding me. I've caught them at it as they run off.

MIne arrived too (both pristine and weathered). They are in the old style Bachmann boxes (the smaller compact variety) - I wonder if they were made at the same time as the original batches and then left in a warehouse ready for the next round of sales? It makes sense if the NRM only started advertising them at the end of July and all of a sudden they are in stock with hardly any time lag.

MIne arrived too (both pristine and weathered). They are in the old style Bachmann boxes (the smaller compact variety) - I wonder if they were made at the same time as the original batches and then left in a warehouse ready for the next round of sales? It makes sense if the NRM only started advertising them at the end of July and all of a sudden they are in stock with hardly any time lag.

I was in the NRM in early May and got a huge hint they would be available before Xmas when I remarked that I would rather give the NRM my cash rather than an ebay trader,you could well be right !

Archived