The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Tony Wright

BlackRat

I read (on MRE mag) that Tony wright is currently poorly.

if thats the case I wish him well and I sincerely hope he makes a speedy recovery and gets back to health (and modelling soon).

I spent a pleasurable day here, when Tony came to photograph my layout for Model rail, and we well and truly put the world to rights (!) with very little pc chat!

Take care Tony and get well soon!

• Like 6

Guest Max Stafford

Seconded. Tony is a modeller of great inspiration to me. Hope he's on the mend as soon as possible!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

This is going to turn into a 'me too' thread, but for all the right reasons! :yes:

I've really enjoyed reading his articles in various magazines and the Right Track DVDs. You feel that you are sitting next to him in the shed taking part, rather than being lectured at. One of my favorite lines was '...seek me out at the shows, grab me by the throat, well perhaps not that!'

Regards,

Nick

Inspired by the dvd on Loco building and Little Bytham, not to mention the other BRM dvds and articles and now 2 of his books.

Get well soon, mate.

Mark in OZ

Inspired by the dvd on Loco building and Little Bytham, not to mention the other BRM dvds and articles and now 2 of his books.

Get well soon, mate.

Mark in OZ

Guest oldlugger

I hope Tony makes a rapid recovery and gets back to shooting more of his outstanding model railway photos soon. He once photographed my O gauge layout "Avonmouth Road" for BRM at the 2003 Doncaster show.

Cheers

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

I had no idea that this thread had been started until I was advised by Andy at Midland Railex. Hopefully, I'll be seeing Tony soon and will pass on all your good wishes. Thank you.

We certainly miss him in the office - there's no-one quite like, or quite as noisy as Mr Wright!

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Likewise, I have only just seen this.

I've really enjoyed Tony on the Right Track series and he has inspired me in my modelling efforts.

I wish him all the best and get well soon.

• 1 month later...

Tony has helped me several times here in the US on my building projects , there are few like him and I hope he has a speedy recovery , All the best to you Tony get well soon mate !!

martin

Edited by oldknotty