0-3-0 t Kerr Stuart

relaxinghobby

You've done a cracking job here - this could be a forthcoming project at Nevatrd Towers, and as you say all the better because you don't need to hack too much off. And for us UK modellers Turin 60's idea of dumb buffer is a good one!

I'm sure I'v seen a shot of an industrial loco in Burton on Trent with a similar rear-open cab.

Where did you get, or who's the supplier, for the jack you have mounted on the running plate, please.

Agree the lack of intricate detail makes it easier to add details, loco's looking good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Not sure about the body but the chassis looks very interesting. Could somebody possibly quote wheel diameter and wheel base, in mm, to avoid confusion between H0 & 00.

Thanks

Roger

It's sold as an H0 model, and the buffers are at 12.5 mm height, The wheels are 14 mm diameter and the wheel base is 20 + 24 mm, other useful dimensions are

29mm to top of tanks and the foot plate is 32 mm wide and 84 long. The motor and gears fit neatly inside the tanks, the cab is clear of mechanism.

A petite ready to run 0-6-0, but bigger than the Hornby small Pug, a good candidate for converting to an industrial shunter.

Happy converting.

It's sold as an H0 model, and the buffers are at 12.5 mm height, The wheels are 14 mm diameter and the wheel base is 20 + 24 mm, other useful dimensions are

29mm to top of tanks and the foot plate is 32 mm wide and 84 long. The motor and gears fit neatly inside the tanks, the cab is clear of mechanism.

A petite ready to run 0-6-0, but bigger than the Hornby small Pug, a good candidate for converting to an industrial shunter.

Happy converting.

Thanks for the info, looks very useful. I will have to get my thinking cap on.

Roger.

For some reason we have two parallel threads. I did suggest a few days ago that they be amalgamated, but evidently that was not thought necessary.

I did look at it but the chronology confused the issue a bit.

Some more fuel for the argument or some help in assesing the size of the Jouef loco.

Here it is compared to a GWR Toad which is quite a tall vehicle and a Hornby saddle tank which is of course too long in the footplate, wheelbase and saddle tank.

Do we know what the prototype of the 0-6-0 is yet?

post-6220-0-41860900-1323018407_thumb.jpg

post-6220-0-19885600-1323018427_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Do we know what the prototype of the 0-6-0 is yet?

Latest issue of Model Rail magazine describes it as a Maquinista Terrestre y Maritima built in 1887 for Sarria-Barcelona Railway. One was in use until 1972 and two of the original three have survived.

Mike

EDIT Andy May has posted similar information in the other topic with links to photos of the protoptype.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47849-new-industrial-0-6-0t/page__pid__549077__st__25&do=findComment&comment=549077

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken delivery of one, and I have to say I am impressed. One thing to note is that for the money it's great value, despite being HO. Currently working upon altering one to a British outline*, and if that works I'll get some more of them.

Despite being HO, the width of the model is good enough for OO.

5588fbd1.jpg

8ca92ec8.jpg

http://8fworks.blogs...ank-engine.html

Jack

* - New cab, chimney, buffers and various other fittings.

Edit: It's also interesting to note that when removing the chassis, the body is stamped "Electrotren", which is another of Hornby's international brands.

• RMweb Gold

I didn't know the Church of England ran railways :scratchhead:

Maybe not, but when the railways were built, many a village got the railway builders to take on responsibility in perpetuity for maintaining the church roof in return for agreeing to the alignment they sought. Village duckponds were also a common feature of early agreements. I'm not sure how many are now with BR Residual.

Archived