Church Lane Sidings

Diesel Dayz

Progress Report

Been making a few alterations to Church Lane Sidings. I've put a DCC programme track in the fiddle yard, fitted dowels and plates and a bolt and wing nut to join the boards together. This does away with the old method of using a G clamp. I've also removed the portacabin, that was at the end of the engineers siding, and replaced this with a building more suited to the era modelled. I've fitted a Skaledale office building thats been weathered by Alex Carpenter.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Neil.

The good thing is that I haven't got to do a lot to the layout. Just a bit of an alteration to the wiring for DCC and probably change some of the trees at the front of the layout - get rid of the one's that look like bottle brushes and thats it. I'll give the layout a proper try out and that should be it till Wirksworth next month.

Alan.

Awesome layout. The detail is just stunning. Love the S&T men at work, adds a great touch of a real place in action. Loving the backscenes too, they seem to blend perfectly with the right sense of perspective.

Stu.

Hi Stu.

Thanks, glad you like it.

Alan

I like it mate, is that a skaledale one??

fits just nicely.

One i thing you could maybe do is a add the odd yard light and some lights in the building, would give a whole new world and some great night shots

Neil

I like it mate, is that a skaledale one??

fits just nicely.

One i thing you could maybe do is a add the odd yard light and some lights in the building, would give a whole new world and some great night shots

Neil

That building looks more in keeping with the period you are modelling. I agree with Neil, yard lights would add another dimension. Eckon http://www.cravenmodels.com/ECKON.htm do some good working ones. I sense another photo shoot............................ with kettles as well. :biggrin_mini2:.

Hi guy's.

Yeah the building's The Lower Skaledale Office, had it quite a while and hadn't got round to using it till now. I agree that a couple of yard lights would add another 'dimension' to Church Lane so I'll get some eventually. Another photo shoot Steve? Too right! Yeah you can bring a few kettles - just don't tell everybody ;) .

Had my first loco running today. 24035 ran in light engine earlier. OH THE NOISE - lovely!

Cheers

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Another photo shoot Steve? Too right! Yeah you can bring a few kettles - just don't tell everybody ;) .

Cheers

Alan

Found Another ancient shot in the Archives :wink_mini:

post-7289-0-92644100-1315167841.png

Another photo shoot :yes: ........ but may have to be in October due to work commitments...... :sad_mini2:

• RMweb Premium
Nice one Steve. If you go any further back in time what'll be next Stephensons Rocket? :O

I've got a Hornby Rocket somewhere. I'll dig it out..........

They did not have cameras back then. Any one know a good sketch artist. LOL

Archived