Church Lane Sidings

Diesel Dayz

• 3 weeks later...

Just a bit of a progress report.

Church Lane has been built using Peco insulfrog points. I had a pack of Hornby point clips that had been 'squirrelled away' and thought I'd give them a try. These didn't work so it was out with the trusty soldering iron and wires were soldered to the points and basically I've by- passed the frogs and now all tracks are 'live'. I've got a sticking point solenoid which I'll change in the next few days (I've got some spares somewhere). Then in just over two weeks it's the Wirksworth Show which will be the first time that I'll get to run the layout properly. Can't wait!

Alan

• 3 months later...

Hey

Brilliant layout! I love the shots through the trees and down the embankments. Reminds me of the days I used to climb the hill near Hunsbury hill tunnel, looking for a vantage point of the Northampton loop, through the foliage! Of course there was nothing as exciting as 56's and 60's then :( lol

Regards

Lee

Hey

Brilliant layout! I love the shots through the trees and down the embankments. Reminds me of the days I used to climb the hill near Hunsbury hill tunnel, looking for a vantage point of the Northampton loop, through the foliage! Of course there was nothing as exciting as 56's and 60's then :( lol

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee, glad you like the layout. It does seem to work with all the different liveries.

Alan

Is this layout in Derby in May? Or will you have sold it by then? :lol: . If not may be time for another photo session using "different stock". :wink_mini:

Hi Steve. Church Lane Sidings is at Derby in May and probably Belper in March also. We'll have to arrange a sesh.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Meadow Lane TMD, period variable between late 80's-present day. I'll start a new thread on it shortly when I get chance to take some pics.

Look forward to that, are you taking it back out on the road, one of my faves when I used to see it with Alan and good to see its gone to a good home.

• 7 months later...

Hi Alan

Just found this layout on here. It looks very impressive its got a nice character about it, will go back and read from beginning after I have finished work. Is there a track plan for the layout?

Look forward to seeing more pictures of the layout :)

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Just found this layout on here. It looks very impressive its got a nice character about it, will go back and read from beginning after I have finished work. Is there a track plan for the layout?

Look forward to seeing more pictures of the layout :)

Scott

Scott, now looks like this. .  click 'Meadow Lane TMD' in my sig pic below.

Alex

Hi Alex

Sorry I got your name wrong. I like the transformation and the layout is still looking very impressive :)

Scott

You didn't get the name wrong Scott. When it was Church Lane the layout used to belong to Alan (aka Diesel Dayz) but is now owned by Alex (aka Lochnagar - not to be confuse with the layout of that name) and called Meadow Lane TMD (or does that confuse you even more?).

Richard (aka Poor Old Bruce)

Archived