The International N Gauge Show

grahame

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang , Sorry I missed you Ben but glad you enjoyed the show.

Also on Dapol stand was a Mk 3 in R&D dept Red and Blue along with notes on green Twins Rails of Sheffield pack.. The signals will be great and the base looks adaptable to be cut down insize. I guess signal playability means coping with young hands so some items like base are large for stability, the arms look in proportion to the post size and the LED lamp is inscale. I look forward to cutting down to be a platform starter and I wonder if the mech could be made to work a shunt signal.

The CJM 50 and Mercigs weathering were pretty show stopping stuff. I am really taken by the NGS inspection saloon.

In my role as a steward I think I notched up a few miles and had the chance to see all of the layouts on both days and saw little in the way of derailments and duff operations - all seemed on best behaviour with folk around all layouts most of the time - and perhaps lucky but always saw movement.on the layouts. Mind you my attempts at running Loch Lochy were not that slick - sorry if you passed when I was lucky enough to be allowed to Twidle a knob!

Warley Club Broad Water Junction had its debut - more to do - I should get to the club more often ! But it ran at first try and was well received.

Bachamann "scrum" good as ever with many returns and end of run items . The cabinets bursting with the almost here items - CEP. 350, Falsk wagons , 08 with older doors, Std 5 and WD locos, the supporting buses, bus station , loco shed , ash plant and coaling stage plus Southern Deco buildings offers much timesaving.

It has to be said whilst manning the entrance /exit line I saw many happy faces and heavy bags depart - many joking - now broke !!

The restaurant gave good views - true "helicopter" views of several layouts plus top notch food - busy both days!

Personally I say thanks to all the operators, traders and visitors for making a great two days and it shows how a show has grown to a must see event! Plug : Same time next year see you there..

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I had an excellent Sunday visit, layouts working well and the food was indeed very good, with my impending home move (plenty of space to progress the layout) I kept my wallet firmly under wraps although there was much to tempt...

I'm working through my piccies and I can't find the name/description for this layout in the show guide (or at least not where it was in the hall):

post-6883-0-51942700-1315902699.jpg

I realise this may well be one of my rather too many 'dumb-bunny' questions, and I await having to hang my head in shame for not knowing, but if some kind person were to take pity on me I'd like to have the correct name for the file B)

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys, and thanks

Another "D'oh!" moment chalked-up for me I think, couldn't have been anything else but I'd convinced myself I couldn't see the 'Junction' bit so thought there had to be another layout...

On that basis I'd better avoid offers to Find the Lady :rolleyes:

Regards, Gerry.

Archived