whats happenning to the line near wisbeach

lmsforever

Was that the last train to use the line?

Ed

I chased two tours on an incredibly hot 12th of May 2001, Pathfinder's "Freightliner Pheonix" caught at Ely then a dash to phot 66250 and 66076 T&T on Hertfordshire's "Fenman" tour "near March" my phot log says.

A check of Six Bells Junction confirms the 66's did indeed do the Wisbech branch.

C6T.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

ATOC reckon it could serve a million passengers, or about 1 1/2% of the population of britain, really?

Mike.

I think that is in a year.

The signalling at March has been altered to cope with Wisbech to Peterborough movements and vice versa. The same applies in the Cambridge direction.

It's unlikely to see any support from the County Council.  Cambridgeshire is notoriously anti-railway - just think guided busway!  They allowed the Bedford and St Ives lines to be closed and then, to add insult to injury, concreted over some years later.  Result?  Severe congestion on the A14 for which Mr Osborne has now allocated money to effect improvements - money that could have been spent on revitalising our railways.

Chris Turnbull 

• RMweb Premium

And Peterborough are violently anti-car, bus, train - in fact anything that creates pollution - what do you expect from the "Environmental Capital of the UK"!

• 1 year later...

And Peterborough are violently anti-car, bus, train - in fact anything that creates pollution - what do you expect from the "Environmental Capital of the UK"!

Except you can't walk anywhere as most of the roads have no paths!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived