modelzone 'experiment' in stock now

Dan Griffin

The name was painted on rather than plated as per the version previously sold by Rail Exclusive which included transfers for the name to be applied as desired.

http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/3148/97201-DerbyRTC-040481-RP202-1.jpg.html

For most of its RTC life it appeared without a name

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwatch55013/4604583547/

Hi Bert Cheese,

No nameplates come with the model. I believe the actual loco never really had nameplates as such... I think they were painted on or very low relief, so a transfer is probably required.

I'm not sure if transfers are available somwhere but I gather the Rail Express version of this model came with them.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Thanks for the replies,

I recall the name being of the homemade variety but thought it may have been done in wood with house letters or similar, never realised it was painted on.

A quick trawl of the usual suspects has drawn a blank so far...not the end of the world though, I must have 5 or 6 locos needing bits that I will probably never find to make them perfect(ish)

Thanks for the replies,

I recall the name being of the homemade variety but thought it may have been done in wood with house letters or similar, never realised it was painted on.

A quick trawl of the usual suspects has drawn a blank so far...not the end of the world though, I must have 5 or 6 locos needing bits that I will probably never find to make them perfect(ish)

I'm sure John Peck Precision Labels & Decals could do something like that if he hasn't already

hi

experiments nameplate was 1/8 inch metal that was used as flooring in the engine room.the non slip stuff.

it was painted black with handpainted letters :)

here's a couple of piccies of one of the plates,took this morning.

just happen to have one in the train room,after removing it in 95ish for the rubbing down and repaint into green :O

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

length is 4ft 1,and width 10 and 1/8 inchs

regards

vince

My advice, therefore, is that if you really want a Modelzone Limited Edition, preorder it through The Signal Box website. Payment is only taken when the model arrives in stock and is being processed. Keith

Not anymore, you have just broadcast to the profiteers how to get hold of them!! :scratchhead:

Could it have painted on names originally, hence the reason why it spent most of RTC time unnamed and then at the end had the plates fitted ?

No, it had the metal plates from the start. I saw it at Toton when it was newly painted in RTC livery and it had them then.

Crazy that they all (pretty much) sold out on Pre-order. Though that seems to be more and more common these days.

Surely it's indication that another run of 500 odd would be feasible and profitable though... (even in a year or 2)

Unfortunantly I do not think Modelzone will do a 2nd batch. The idea of a limited edition (or special edition if you prefer) such as this is they only do a limited number - this is hard to get right. If you order too many you are stuck with stock for ages, but if you order too little Ebay profiteers win.

I found my Cl24 sitting on the doorstep when I got home (fine with me,its nice here!) all packed up neatly by the Signal Box....thanks if they are reading :no:

A very nice little model, and well worth waiting for.

They still have those green Warships with the full yellow ends too....with 8 & 1/2 (a daft project involving a hacksaw...) Warships already I am trying to resist though.

Nothing to stop them issuing a weathered version as a limited edition. They might also consider increasing the number they order from Bachmann, as it is clear that they would sell - surely a better business model for Modelzone to make the money rather than let Ebay profiteers cream it.

Nothing to stop them issuing a weathered version as a limited edition. They might also consider increasing the number they order from Bachmann, as it is clear that they would sell - surely a better business model for Modelzone to make the money rather than let Ebay profiteers cream it.

It could still have been a risk, having previously been covered by Rail Express magazine and taking time to sell out back then. I brought one of the earlier ones to go with my 84 but didn't want to repaint the ends and add the nameplates, so sold it with the intention of repainting a standard 24.

Archived