modelzone 'experiment' in stock now

Dan Griffin

picked up my Bachmann class 24 'experiment' in RTC livery today, excellent model, cant fault it. however there isnt many left for general sale, so get in quick of youve not preordered. pics to follow when my camera returns from the camera doctors, it had an altercation with a class 20 buffer!! :no2:

picked up my Bachmann class 24 'experiment' in RTC livery today, excellent model, cant fault it. however there isnt many left for general sale, so get in quick of youve not preordered. pics to follow when my camera returns from the camera doctors, it had an altercation with a class 20 buffer!! :no2:

Slightly off topic for the moment, but i know the feeling...I lost a camera to a not so glamerous Ex Fastline IIA-A bogie coal hopper during shunting last summer...Wasn't best pleased considering the delivery of rolling stock into the yard at the time! :O :chok_mini:

There aren't any oo scale ones left now.

Yup - none left - spent all day trying to find one without luck - at least 3 branches have said that people had multiple ordered - so it seems our friend who did the postal coaches may be at work again ! :mad:

• RMweb Premium

And already on ebay at a highly inflated price

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43aaaa8567

Profiteering money grabbing EBayers really get my blood boiling. It looks like this one was listed moments after being bought from Modelzone judging by the fact it was listed via the Mobile Ebay app and the picture looks like it was taken on a camera phone.

There must be plenty around somewhere, I cannot believe every single one of 512 have already been bought up with the shop examples falling prey to multiple buyers. How many at a go were some of these multiple buyers snapping up I wonder?

[Perhaps I should put in a pre-order for the Techinical Service 47/9 now just in case!!]

• RMweb Premium

Seeing that there appears to be a bloody Ebay profiteer hovering up everything in sight I have decided to take your advice and pre-order the 47!!! Would have liked one of the 24's if I wandered into a ModelZone and they had one but it looks like they have been well and truly moped up.

Even although I'm sitting here with the fully paid receipt in my lap, I still have a sense of impending hassle................................

Picked mine up without any hassle. However I was told that only 2 out of the expected 6 the shop was expecting had came in. So it seems to be first come first served even on pre orders. The other 4 will be in later.

So I think it's worth chasing your order up if you've ot heard by tomorrow.

Getting itchy feet

Not heard out yet about my order

has anyone who ordered online heard anything yet?

Thanks, Simon

The Signal Box seem to be an online avenue for these and have just received a delivery.

With over 100 preorders to process folk should be hearing from them in the next few days.

Don't panic yet!

I popped into the Holborn branch today to ask if they were in yet. The helpful chap behind the counter advised they were due into stock later in the week, possibly Thursday, so it seems some branches are getting them earlier than others.

*gribble*

• RMweb Gold

The Signal Box seem to be an online avenue for these and have just received a delivery.

With over 100 preorders to process folk should be hearing from them in the next few days.

Don't panic yet!

Just checked my credit card account and see that I've been charged with the sum of £75.99 so one of the 100 preorders mentioned above is being processed :danced: .

As mentioned before I've been using The Signal Box website online for all ModelZone Limited Editions after one of the Modelzone branches up north misplaced one of my orders. Online orders from The Signal Box get an e:mail confirmation and, so far, I've not been let down.

When I recently impulse bought the LMR diesel shunter at Modelzone Holborn the very helpful guy behind the counter asked if I had preordered the model. Said that I hadn't and mentioned that I normally use The Signal Box for my preorders - he seemed a bit disappointed that I had not preordered through them but after chatting did say that the Modelzone branch preorder system could be better....

My advice, therefore, is that if you really want a Modelzone Limited Edition, preorder it through The Signal Box website. Payment is only taken when the model arrives in stock and is being processed.

Keith

Getting itchy feet

Not heard out yet about my order

has anyone who ordered online heard anything yet?

Thanks, Simon

Hi Simon

I've received an automated notification from Modelzone this morning confirming that the item is in stock and will be debited shortly.

Graham

Hi all,

here are just a few photos of the 'new' 97201 (Bachmann/Modelzone 32-425X). It claims to be 21 pin DCC on the box and presumably has lights.

I hope all that want one get one.

If you would like other photos, just reply here... I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Ixion.

32-425X Left Iso View:

post-6532-0-93657300-1320183638.jpg

32-425X Right Iso View:

post-6532-0-64628800-1320183654.jpg

32-425X Side View:

post-6532-0-87871100-1320183668_thumb.jpg

Archived