modelzone 'experiment' in stock now

Dan Griffin

Collecting mine tomorrow form Modelzone Trafford Centre although SWIMBO has already asked "Are you going to sell it then?" to which I replied NO!

Mine has been purchased with the Intention of pairing it with my 97 403. It will be fully detailed etc.

I agree, there should be limits to how many you can buy, and again this raises the subject of Guarantee etc if you purchase these things from Ebay ??

The postage is what kills me, £19.95 to ship to Canada? I just had a parcel delivered from Hattons which contained a Class 47 and 4 MK1 carriages and only paid £11. Wouldn't mind one of these though

Well you could always get cheaper postage rates by buying off ebay..........

Mine has been purchased with the Intention of pairing it with my 97 403. It will be fully detailed etc.

Well if it's line-ups you want....:

Apologies for not remembering the name of the layout, but it was at the DEMU show last year.

post-6819-0-62459400-1320513024_thumb.jpg

How about one per address or debit/credit card at that address?

What happens if the model is not as popular as 1st thought though? I think Modelzone will be happy to sell them any which way they can. Just look at the PNA's and other Modelzone exclusives still on the shelf.

I must confess I bought two of these. one to get weathered and one to keep mint. I didn't order them till well after they were announced and I didn't have to pay for them until I checked the models out in the shop even though I offered to pay by card straight away. The woman in the shop said wait until they were in stock and I had inspected them before paying!

Modelzone have always been good at taking your order and not expecting payment till the item is in stock. So sign up to the email newsletter and get your order in fast, if you change your mind and don't want the item they don't mind. Excellent service.

• RMweb Premium

So I ring 4 shops up and order 1 from each.

How about one per address or debit/credit card at that address?

The retailers commissioning Limited Editions are somewhat between a rock and a hard place. Naturally, they want to sell out and so will be reluctant to turn down multiple orders in case they get left with models on their shelves. And once it becomes clear a model is popular, it will be too late to increase the number being produced.

Modelzone's operation does make it difficult to limit multiple purchases even if it wanted to, however. Whilst I did read in another thread that for a different L/E, one Modelzone shop restricted models to one per customer rather than fulfilling pre-orders in order because it did not get enough, that is likely to be the exception. It is good customer service to be able to pre-order from your local shop, but unless all those pre-orders are consolidated into one list with each shop being supplied with sufficient models to cover their pre-orders, there are likely to be too many models in one shop and too few in another. Unallocated models could then be distributed to individual shops as they see fit. A consolidated list would at least give them the opportunity, if a model did sell out from pre-orders, to allocate one per customer first and only fulfilling multiple purchases if there were still some available. But this requires more administrative effort and staff time.

As always, the message is that if you really want a L/E model, then pre-order it. You can always cancel before shipping if you change your mind.

And we can of course boycott the Ebay profiteers. If they don't want the models and they don't sell at the inflated prices, those prices will have to come down. The problem is that some people are prepared to pay those silly prices...

Edited for silly spelling errors...

• RMweb Premium

Just off the Modelzone website and is showing in stock and available to order. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for the tip off :sungum: Duly ordered, now to cross my fingers as I suspect this may just be too good to be true!!

• RMweb Premium

They must have found a few unallocated ones at the back of the warehouse as the OO Gauge version was in stock briefly yesterday (it isn't now!) and I have just received my e-mail notification from ModelZone to say it is on its way...

We shall see what the Postie delivers!!

They must have found a few unallocated ones at the back of the warehouse as the OO Gauge version was in stock briefly yesterday (it isn't now!) and I have just received my e-mail notification from ModelZone to say it is on its way...

We shall see what the Postie delivers!!

Good luck,just to say mine came by city-link couriers and not by a overworked postie!

Archived