modelzone 'experiment' in stock now

Dan Griffin

• RMweb Premium

Mine just arrived from ModelZone a few moments ago, seriously pleased!! Of course this now means working on some Research stock to go with it I suppose!!

EDIT: Now applying the headcode discs but what are the five handrails for as it seems to already have all the cab handrails fitted?

post-6910-0-16775700-1321036220_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-98437300-1321036236_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Now applying the headcode discs but what are the five handrails for as it seems to already have all the cab handrails fitted?

great looking model I must say.

Presume they are just spare hand rails. They are very loosely fitted (on my 5087 anyway) so in case you loose some?...

Got a phone call from MZ Croydon this morning and an MZ experiment will be wending its way to me tomorrow, seriously happy and a big thank you to the staff at MZ Croydon! :imsohappy:

Now how do I explain it to the other half when ANOTHER model sized box gets delivered? :P

It's a generation thing, Larry - most of the people who want this diesel LE have never even heard of George Whale!

24 y/o Aussie who knows theres two 'Experiments' the LNWR had and its not the one by Whale I prefer... long live Mr Webb's compounds! guess I am the exception out of ny age group.awesome 8)

Anyhow the model looks great with the headcode disc added, it brings that little touch of extra realism.

Im looking forward to getting my MZ LMR shunter, now this beastie has caught my eye...damn shame not a few more dollars floating around my account...

Started detailing mine. Drilled out the white discs so the light shows, however there is quite a bit of light bleed on the yellow half discs.

I will look at painting them matt black on the back before fitting to see if this cures it

Pictures to follow once done

Matt Black cured the light bleed, should have finished detailing by next weekend so will post picture

however there is quite a bit of light bleed on the yellow half discs.

Assuming your using DCC, another option is to dim the lights down using decoder CV's. The Bachmann 21pin decoder uses CV63 for this. Better quality decoders/sound versions etc, have CV options to dim outputs individually.

HTH

however there is quite a bit of light bleed on the yellow half discs.

Assuming your using DCC, another option is to dim the lights down using decoder CV's. The Bachmann 21pin decoder uses CV63 for this. Better quality decoders/sound versions etc, have CV options to dim outputs individually.

HTH

Hi not on DCC so the matt black cured it

DC Dinosaur I'm afraid ;)

To be honest, when the new Modelzone Experiment was announced, I sold my old Rail Express one for £155, and ordered the new one and the latest RTC Mk1 Coach “Lab 23" for about £100. I was happy, and I expect the person bourght my old one was happy too. Anything is worth what a person is willing to pay for it.

• RMweb Premium

No nameplates with this edition then?

I am aware that it didn't always carry the Experiment plates but would like a set, is anyone in particular recommended?

I also wish to name mine as well. A quick Google revealed these http://www.scalemodeltransfers.co.uk/scalemodeltransfers/departmentalsuk/Locos/97201.html

Any one used these transfers or manufacturer before?

• RMweb Premium

Scale model transfers are currently unavailable

HTH

Simon

Any one know if anyone else makes them? No more came up on Google search

Looks like Crafty Papers transfer sheets (white) http://www.craftycom...l-Paper_151.htm and make my own then. At least someone has posted a picture of the plate on here with dimensions. Just need the right font.

• 7 months later...

Really annoyed with MZ - last Monday they sent me an email saying it was back in stock, snag being the email went to my work email address and I had last week off.Now they have put one on ebay as an auction :nono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-Class-24-Diesel-Locomotive-No-97201-RTC-Livery-32-425X-NEW-AND-V-RARE-/110908940451?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19d2b020a3

Archived