Shaftesbury O gauge NSE venture

NSE DAZ

Daz

Track plan looks as if it will have great operational potential. Have you thought of putting a crossover in at the buffer stop end between platfrom 2 and platform 3. That way you can use it as a run round. I would also put the main left and right crossovers nearer the station throat. In this way you can bring a train to a stand outside the station whilst a departing train from platform 4 or 3 can crossover before it enters the station. Just a thought but you have made a great start. You work quicker than I do - Black Notley has not made much progress in recent weeks!

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Many thanks, I am trying to achieve plenty of operational potential hence why there is a wash/plant and refueling point at the front of the layout :locomotive:

Thanks for your suggestions with the plan I have now moved the cross over closer to the station approach to 2ft away from the station rather that 8ft as is was before :good_mini: as for the cross over in the station I will have a think about this :mail: , I can see where you are coming from but Shaftesbury will have a resident 08 for more operational fun to move coaching stock around, to be honest most of the stock will be EMU' and DEMU's :sungum:

Revised point work

Plan-1.jpg

Many thanks for your help Paul

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

Evening Daz

This is one heck of a project you've started there and I will follow with interest. Any sign of that 50 in time for Christmas, I can't wait to get a look, make sure you post a vid of it in all it's glory?

Hi Daz,

This is going to be a huge project but will be well worth seeing in the end - good look with it and I will enjoy watching it develop.

All the best,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Many thanks, this is going to be a big project, lucky for this venture I have a good friend to help with the build as I think it could be to much for one man alone :scratchhead:

Evening Daz

This is one heck of a project you've started there and I will follow with interest. Any sign of that 50 in time for Christmas, I can't wait to get a look, make sure you post a vid of it in all it's glory?

Hi Ian,

Cheers mate, the 50 and 205 will not be with me until early January around the 15th , so still a bit of time to wait :O I will definitely post a vid up once I receive them, I must admit I am really excited with Glorious and can not wait to receive her 8) and cranking her over releasing lots of beautiful clagg into the atmosphere (Smoke detector has been removed from the trains room :yes: )

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Daz,

Liking th eplan, you probably have looked but if not Youtube has a few videos of Leavesdon for yet more inspiration.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott thanks for that, to be honest I have searched Youtube but have not seen this footage before, good find :sungum: really makes me want to receive my stock now!!!

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Daz,

Looks like this is going to be one hell of a great project. I was at Basingstoke earlier this year and saw Leavesden too, think they had 50036 in LL on a rake of IC MkIID's (?) and plenty of great detail in 7mm. Can't wait to see the Thumper and no.33

Good luck in this project, will follow closely.

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Daz,

Looks like this is going to be one hell of a great project. I was at Basingstoke earlier this year and saw Leavesden too, think they had 50036 in LL on a rake of IC MkIID's (?) and plenty of great detail in 7mm. Can't wait to see the Thumper and no.33

Good luck in this project, will follow closely.

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Stu,

Many thanks, this is going to be a big project :senile: Leavesden is a real inspirational layout :sungum: one that got me to change from 00 to 0 :locomotive:

You are correct they have a large logo 50036 that's superb, this is a PRMRP Kit the same as mine mine being in the revised NSE livery of coarse :sungum:

Hi all,

I received some track yesterday and some other items from Peter Clark that needs to be made up :mail:

Duncan the guy who is helping me with this venture came around today to collect the items that needed to be made and we have had a mini meeting about this project and have agreed a timetable of works (I will share with you guys a little later) and both now agreed on the track plan so full steam ahead with the creation of Shaftesbury

Plan-1.jpg

Selection of kits which include dummy point motors, line-side cabinets, point heaters, loads more benches ect

060-1.jpg

The third rail conductor shoes also arrived some cast in white metal which only cost £1.95 for 12 and some cast in Lost Wax these are a bit more expensive costing £5.95 for 12 these are vital so the code 100 track (Third rail) can be soldered to

Picture of the white metal casting and the Lost Wax castings

057-1.jpg

Also in the pack was some drain covers, it just amazes me the whole size of the o gauge world...

061.jpg

We have our first sample of the Southern style of platform edging which we are pleased with so that's another tick on the to do list completed :mail:

006-44.jpg

007-34.jpg

Also a Southern style tool hut...

005-45.jpg

Still with me and friend a bit hectic at work around this festive time progress may be a little slow but now we nearly have the baseboards constructed and some track and accessories I am certain we will find a little time to put the plan into forward motion :senile:

Station looks great Daz

Paul R

Cheers Paul,

It's not looking to bad, like I say still a lot of work needed, but the early stages I am quite pleased how it has turned out :good: I am in the process of sorting the interior out chairs tables ect..

Glad you like the progress.

Please stop Darren!! I don't want to go to "O" but watching this thread it certainly seems inviting. Maybe I could just provide a loco. Do they do a 73?? lol

Its a strange thing this O gauge world once you start seeing the goods it draws you in :O Two of my friends have changed to O gauge on the basis of what I have at this stage :telephone:

Sponsoring a loco that sound interesting and PRMRP do a 73 kit as do RJH so never say never ;)

Scroll down the page, this can be modified to any standard as I have enquired

http://www.prmrp.com/locomotive_kits.htm

Just imagine this in NSE livery behind a VEP :drinks:

All the best

Daren NSE DAZ

Very nice Daren.

Toyed with the idea of adding third rail to my efforts but OLE is running a tad ahead of it but will watch your posts to see how you do and I could be swung around to third rail yet.

But if I can find a nice O gauge 76 or 77 OLE will win. Come on JLTRT

• 3 weeks later...
Please stop Darren!! I don't want to go to "O" but watching this thread it certainly seems inviting. Maybe I could just provide a loco. Do they do a 73?? lol

Scott - resistance is futile! O gauge will get you in the end. I surcommed to a blue 50 on sale in the long gone Hadley Hobbies.

NSE Reigns on GNR Electrics

Hey Daz!

I took a ride out between Moorgate and Highbury and Islington yesterday and I am pleased to be able to report that Old Street, Essex Road and Highbury and Islington platforms retain their NSE branding.

Personally given the units are now 36 years old I think FCC should repaint one of the 313's into NSE livery and another in BR Blue and Grey as a Heritage Train.

All for now

Paul R

NSE Reigns on GNR Electrics

Hey Daz!

I took a ride out between Moorgate and Highbury and Islington yesterday and I am pleased to be able to report that Old Street, Essex Road and Highbury and Islington platforms retain their NSE branding.

Personally given the units are now 36 years old I think FCC should repaint one of the 313's into NSE livery and another in BR Blue and Grey as a Heritage Train.

All for now

Paul R

Hi Paul,

It's amazing how much NSE branding is still about, my local station at Salisbury on the out side still retains all NSE branding :sungum: but now is owned by SWT

I agree FCC should repaint one of the 313's into NSE livery, a Heritage train sounds good :locomotive:

Next time I am around that area I will take a camera.

Hi All,

To be honest not a lot to report!!!! this time of the year is hectic for me with work schedules, as I work for the local authorities being called out to tree falls, road gritting, double waste collections ect I am struggling to keep up :drag:

:jester:

It is a real nightmare finding some free time at the moment :senile: but work funds our hobby so its worth it in the long run :scratchhead:

I have had a progress report with the class 50 "50 033 Glorious" and all is on track with the completion in late Febuary :sungum: , I will hopefully have some early stage pictures of the beast soon to share with you all :locomotive:

Baseboard construction will begin next week, as my good friend will be knocking these up in his workshop, so things are starting to move ;)

So to sum it up I am still around, and Shaftesbury is very high on our free time list, so hopefully get next week out of the way and once the baseboards are constructed I will be starting to lay some track :mail: as my side of work is quietly getting back to some normality!!!

As soon as the first section of track is down you guy's will be the first to know :yes:

Archived