Shaftesbury O gauge NSE venture

NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

Tower Models still have a few Heljan Class 33s in blue with full yellow ends (no connection, just satisfied customer)..

Just finished mine. (there are a few more pics on my workbench thread)

post-7686-0-09480000-1332516101_thumb.jpg

Not too much to do to the RTR loco, can't recommend it enough as a quickie.

Great progress daz and glourious is looking better all the time.

richard.

Cheers Richard, Its surprising how some grey primer brings the beast to life, just wait until the red whit and blue is added :sungum:

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

HI Daz,

The 50 looks great, I was just looking at your track plan. With no run round as such, you'll need to get another loco! How about a 33, 47 and an 08... ;)

Keep up the good work mate..

Scott

Nah definitely another 50 is the correct answer, Large Logo Blue.

Glorious is certainly looking the part so far, keep on teasing us as it progresses Darren.

Hi both, you know me to well :yes: I will let you in to a little secret, I can confirm that further traction at Shaftesbury will include...... , on order 47 707 Holyrood (In NSE livery of coarse :sungum: ) this will be a Heljan 47 that PRMRP will modify and mill out the chassis to install sound/smoke unit plus carry out a re-paint :sungum: a Heljan blue 33 030 not mine this will be my friends that is helping me with this venture, and the last loco for order this financial year!!! will be 50 046 Ajax in Large Logo livery (1991 battered appearance)

There will be plenty more to follow but with my 205 025 near completion 50 033 on its final stages, I think my bank account is drying up :O

To sum things up traction wise for me this year:

205 025 completion date April 25th 2012 On target (Peter Clark's Model's)

50 033 completion date April 15th 2012 On target (PRMRP Model)

47 707 completion August 2012 On target (Heljan PRMRP to customise)

50 046 completion November 2012 (Not yet ordered PRMRP Model))

My friend Duncan's stock for 2012

33 030 Heljan model purchased weathering plus detail needed to be added (Heljan Model)

442 2409 Self build hoping to complete September 2012 (Own kit mix 'n' match)

Cheers guys, all the best Darren NSE DAZ

Great modelling Daz, I so remember those red seats. Oh and the 50 looks great. Nice Heljan class 33 would be nice.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, yes those seats set the whole scene of all things NSE in my opinion, I have just purchased another 12 that need to be made up and painted :paint:

I have the 33 sorted, OK its not mine but hopefully we can share :beee: one day I will purchase one of my own :locomotive:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Tower Models still have a few Heljan Class 33s in blue with full yellow ends (no connection, just satisfied customer)..

Just finished mine. (there are a few more pics on my workbench thread)

Not too much to do to the RTR loco, can't recommend it enough as a quickie.

Hi Tim,

Very nice detailing to your 33, I must admitt Heljan done a super job with this model :sungum: thanks for sharing this image :locomotive:

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

Unfortunately 'getting a Heljan O gauge 33' is part of a part-exchange deal with my local model shop so I have to rely on him to get one, and Tower will only sell him one at full price not the price he could get one directly from Heljan.

But the '08' will definitely be on the "must get" list, I think probably before the sound chip for the 33. I don't want to miss this one!

Smokey Joe, as 50033 was once affectionatly known, is looking good. Can't wait to see it finished. I immagine you're going to have it in NSE livery :sungum: Don't forget 33 had both vertical handrails missing on the number one end.

The layout's progressing nicely too. Well done.

50 looks great. I have one in blue when it was Modern Motive Power. Great work Daz on the station. Takes me right back

Paul R

Hi pwr, many thanks do you have any pic of the MMP 50? glad you like what you see :yes:

Hi Daz,

50 looks fantastic, still can't wait to see finished article. Love the station work again as well, clock and seat are awesome!

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Stu, Same here the finished version hopefully will look the biz :sungum: , the bench looks just right my good friend and I have another 15 to make up :paint:

Smokey Joe, as 50033 was once affectionatly known, is looking good. Can't wait to see it finished. I immagine you're going to have it in NSE livery :sungum: Don't forget 33 had both vertical handrails missing on the number one end.

The layout's progressing nicely too. Well done.

Thanks vac basher, I hope the smoke units live up to the name Smokey Joe :drag: Yes she will have the revised NSE livery applied :sungum: thanks for the info on the 33 :yes:

Cheers all

Darren NSE DAZ

Hi all,

Just a couple more shots that I received from PRMRP not a lot of change but the roof aerial pods have been added plus the roof has had the first coat of black paint :locomotive: windows have been masked off so that must mean the toothpaste livery will soon be applied :sungum:

5555.png

untitled1111.png

As soon as I receive any more updates I will keep you all informed.

More layout progress/updates at the weekend :senile:

Hi Darren NSE DAZ

Having read your post about 8 times the more i see it the more i have got move up to 0 gauge so had few hours talks with the other half about costs shes given me the go

head.so keep up the great work and it looks like my 00 layout and dcc sound and dcc fitted emus are all for sale.

ps still in shock

steve

Hi Darren NSE DAZ

Having read your post about 8 times the more i see it the more i have got move up to 0 gauge so had few hours talks with the other half about costs shes given me the go

head.so keep up the great work and it looks like my 00 layout and dcc sound and dcc fitted emus are all for sale.

ps still in shock

steve

Hi Steve,

I know exactly how you feal :yes: with my very first venture Shaftesbury in 00 I put years of work into this building up a very large fleet, but after seeing Leavesden at Basingstoke I went home and decided to change to O :O Just the way that a 47 pulled out of Leavesden station with smoke bellowing out of the port the sound well sounded 10 x louder and the noise of the loco over the track work fantastic :sungum:

The hardest part is selling up your 00 stock :cry: I wanted to put mine in storage but the O gauge venture doe's need some finance ploughed into it :whistle:

One thing I can say once you hold your first O gauge loco you will not look back, the weight and detail is fantastic :yes:

I wish you well with this and look forward to seeing this one develop 8)

Hi Darren

I see the prices are more but like you say the detail is far better plus better for my eyes.Mine will be DCC with sound but not as big as Shaftesbury mine will only have 2 car EPB & HAPS, 33s,73s as space is not on my side.I have seen Leavesden at one of the many shows.There was a scottish one i saw think it was at a show at burton on trent a few years ago.they are great.The hard thing will be seeing my oo going. But looking ahead at bigger trains.Going to get some track & points in the week to have a play around

Hi Darren

I see the prices are more but like you say the detail is far better plus better for my eyes.Mine will be DCC with sound but not as big as Shaftesbury mine will only have 2 car EPB & HAPS, 33s,73s as space is not on my side.I have seen Leavesden at one of the many shows.There was a scottish one i saw think it was at a show at burton on trent a few years ago.they are great.The hard thing will be seeing my oo going. But looking ahead at bigger trains.Going to get some track & points in the week to have a play around

Hi Steve,

To be honest Steve a smaller shunting style layout is just as good the detail you can put into this will be amazing :sungum: I like some of the stock you are already planning to have :yes:

Peter Clark (from Peter Clarks models) owns Leavesden and the Scottish layout would have been Invergeachy owned by Jim mcgeachy Jim and Peter seem to assist each other with these layouts and share operating them at exhibitions.

Link to Invergeachy.........

http://www.invergeachy.co.uk/index.htm

I take it will be a Peter Clarks EPB & HAP's and the 33 from JLTRT? or PRMRP? the 73 would be a PRMRP loco as I think these guy's are the only ones that have this kit.

If you are planning to get some track, if you are not intending to make your own? the the Bullhead code 124 is a good option as there are more points ect to go with this, the Flat bottom code 143 has limited point work ect.

code 100 (the 00 track) is very good representation to the third rail if you plan on using the code 124 Bullhead rail? (Peter Clark has used this on Leavesden) so don't chuck your track away yet :imsohappy:

Good luck with this and one day stock could be leaving Shaftesbury to a new destination :whistle:

Hi Darren

The track & points are going to be peco thanks for advise on which track to get.I thing if i try making it i might need a skip out side or west bay will have a scrap yard on the beach?Are you going to make any stock yourself or is better to let Peter Clark,PRMRP,JLTRT build them.

Steve

Archived