Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Premium

I hadn't realised that Blackmill was coming to Derby Mick. I look forward to seeing it and will try to remember to say hello.

Dave

I'll be the one playing with the yellow trains.......................

It's been 3 months since it's last outing, so will be good to have a play with the big trainset again.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Safely home from the East Midlands.

More regular maintenance ( three sticking point motors) and addition of a few extra details before venturing to the North East at Railex NE in August.

Cheers,

Mick

I'll be the one playing with the yellow trains.......................

It's been 3 months since it's last outing, so will be good to have a play with the big trainset again.

Cheers,

Mick

No you didn't because we would let you get your yellow stock out ( until 4pm on sunday!!)

• RMweb Premium

No you didn't because we would let you get your yellow stock out ( until 4pm on sunday!!)

I've moved on from yellow.......

post-408-0-60795300-1337015045_thumb.jpg

:locomotive:

Thanks for coming along to play.

Ding-ding!

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Beginning to make Blackmill ready for the trip to Railex NE at Blyth http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/51334-railex-north-east-2012-25th-26th-august/&do=findComment&comment=596840

We've also found out that we're now appearing at our own club show a week later. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55305-the-lancashire-exhibition-by-blackburn-east-lancs-mrs/

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...

No you didn't because we would let you get your yellow stock out ( until 4pm on Sunday!!)

I was fortunate enough to see Blackmill at Railex NE and the above comment is true! I was talking to Mick and and he confirmed that he had only brought the Structure Gauging Train along because the boys don't like too much yellow!!

But the stock they did bring was outstanding, That combined with probably the best scenics on a modern image layout I've had the pleasure of viewing ment that I spent a stalkerish amount of time in front of it. Here's some of the video I shot, I have one more to add when it's uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6A_STiQBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwjlRakYA4

Guy

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the video links Guy - I seldom stand in front of the layout so don't usually see it from the public side! (I know I should, if only to see if we can do things better).

Blackmill is out and about again this weekend at the Lancashire show

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Great vid's of a great layout Guy, nice one.

Mick, the scenic side of things is just as interesting as watching the trains going by. Nice attention to detail and it all blends together perfectly.

Cheers

Scott

I was fortunate enough to see Blackmill at Railex NE and the above comment is true! I was talking to Mick and and he confirmed that he had only brought the Structure Gauging Train along because the boys don't like too much yellow!!

But the stock they did bring was outstanding, That combined with probably the best scenics on a modern image layout I've had the pleasure of viewing ment that I spent a stalkerish amount of time in front of it. Here's some of the video I shot, I have one more to add when it's uploaded.

Thanks Scott and Guy- Blackmill is very much a team effort and I'll pass on the compliments if they haven't already read them here.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A lot of very nice scenic touches and colouring on this layout, although the mill built on shallow ground above the tunnel worries me a little. I also like the ultra smooth running of the trains.

Thanks Coach.

The mill that it was copied from is on similar ground! Foster, Yates and Thoms at Eanam in Blackburn.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As usual, there's a last minute item on my workbench on the night before a show.

It's a bit bright and needs toning down.

post-408-0-41046700-1351464965_thumb.jpg

After a successful show at Merseyside, the Blackmill team now has a well- earned rest until York at Easter 2013.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Archived