Fort Myers, Florida in the 90's - Its the layouts 30th birthday this year - Freemo South 2024

roundhouse

good timing, what's the make of crossing controller and can you change the volume on the bell

i'm at the beer mat planning stage, nearly got a plan sorted, just reading up on a few things, ready for those cold wet winter nights, a bit like now but a few degrees colder.

Ray

• RMweb Gold

I was expecting someone to ask what make it was but can't remember at moment when I get home (thanks to signal problems at purely) I will try and remember to photo the package

The sound module is quote Old and I haven't found a way to control the volume but it's not too loud

• RMweb Gold

Ray

This is the circuit board people. You need to source your own barriers servos and sound card. However the circuit board has worked very well today at Freemo South II today.

A few tweaks before Armitage Freemo and Barrow show

post-1557-0-31217000-1470515371_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

A few photos from the Freemo meet last weekend. Fort Myers is in two of the photos and my Tri Rail train went on a rail tour of the Freemo modules.

There is a third meet at this venue now in planning stages

post-1557-0-01055100-1470721450_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-00943100-1470721543_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-24772500-1470721554_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

Looks like a good sized layout again :) Come on the rest of you lets see some more pics for those of us who had to work ;)

Paul

Now I have broadband again I'll stick some more pics up later

Dan

Edited by warbonnetuk

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a good sized layout again :) Come on the rest of you lets see some more pics for those of us who had to work ;)

At least you can look forward ot Armitage in September where Fort Myers will be the full 24 foot long module.

I'm slipping in my old age. Actually failed to dodge the camera and showed up in a photo. (note to self, must try harder)

Twas a good time. Looking forward to the convention in Oct where some brand new modules will be joining with Ft Myers.

• RMweb Gold

You want to see the photos that I took on Sunday. Mike was wearing his canary yellow T shirt and he appeared in just about every shot I took even those form different ends of the hall and different modules although it doesnt beat his appearance in one photo 2.5 times. It was a panoramic shot and he moved from one end of the hall to the other as I took it one year at Armitage!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Work conitues on vairous taks on the layout and stock.

Our late friend Graham liked the CSX Pumpkin orange Maintenance of way livery. He had woked on quite a few open ballast hoppers but a number hadnt been touched and still in their factory boxes. I also have built three more Difco side dump hoppers obtianed at the Indainaplois convention  whihc will run with Grahams 6 Difcos.

These along with others that I had worked on now have a separate stock box. Two trays completed and a final tray which will take his CSX MOW loco, brake van and crane will go in this. I have fitted Kadees to a few more of the hoppers this morning. The whole train should be ready for the Amritage Freemo meet in September.

The grade crosing barriers have now been repositioned and now just need final testing prior to patching the scenery .

Plenty more to do with photos to follow.

This year we have the Amritage Freemo meet, The Barrow In Furness show where we will be set up as an independant layout (I beleive next to Long Island Jacks 'End of Spur') and finally the British Region convention at the end of October where we will be set up as a Freemo module along with Andrew C's new module

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A littl more work on the crossing last night. As the barriers have moved I had to spend some time adjusting the servos and connection wire. All working fine now including a new dedicated power supply.

Th Woodland Scenic paint pens from Hattons arrived over the weekend so my first attempt with these to add road markings to one side of the tracks. The yellow decals on the other side will be removed and the paint pen used to redo these once I get a bit better at using them. The cork backed steel rule came in useful as the cork is set in this the steel rule part doesn't sit in direct contact with the surface thus the paint doesn't bleed under the rule.

Still a littl e bit of patching of the road and surrounding foliage to finish off.

post-1557-0-59910500-1472625149_thumb.jpeg

post-1557-0-09616500-1472625160_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We had a great weekend in Barrow In Furness with the layout. Apart from a couple of sticky solenoids the layout worked very well.

We also have an invite to a London show in 2018 but in the meantime we have a fair few Freemo meets including the NMRA British Region convention near Solihull later this month where it will be part of a Freemo set up.

A few photos from the weekend

post-1557-0-20170400-1476090474_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-49688700-1476090490_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-09418400-1476090500_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-41090600-1476090515_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-05190000-1476090526_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-67113200-1476090537_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-37313500-1476090549_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-38660400-1476090564_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a few days to go before we head to the NMRABR convention near Solihull. Frot myers will be part of a Freemo module set up. Not as big as the Armitage or Devon meets but this will be open to visitors both NMRA and non NMRA on the Saturday.

As the operator side of the layout is going to be the ' viewing' side this time, yesterday I started work on providing a couple of board extensions to accommodate the station building whihc until now overhung the back of the layout. Its 22 years old now so decided it was time to add the glazing to the normally non viewable part of the building. By this morning most of the glazing was in place but now the fiddly part of adding the glazing bars is about to commence. They may well not all be fixed in time for Friday but at least it will look a lot better than just window openings. The second board extension now has the shell of the rest of the adjoining warehouse which now requires the detail to be added plus the canopy as per the real building.

These two  buildings  are a mirror image of those at Orlando station.

So, a few busy evenings and early mornings to get as much completed as I can.

• Like 1

Just a few days to go before we head to the NMRABR convention near Solihull. Frot myers will be part of a Freemo module set up. Not as big as the Armitage or Devon meets but this will be open to visitors both NMRA and non NMRA on the Saturday.

As the operator side of the layout is going to be the ' viewing' side this time, yesterday I started work on providing a couple of board extensions to accommodate the station building whihc until now overhung the back of the layout. Its 22 years old now so decided it was time to add the glazing to the normally non viewable part of the building. By this morning most of the glazing was in place but now the fiddly part of adding the glazing bars is about to commence. They may well not all be fixed in time for Friday but at least it will look a lot better than just window openings. The second board extension now has the shell of the rest of the adjoining warehouse which now requires the detail to be added plus the canopy as per the real building.

These two  buildings  are a mirror image of those at Orlando station.

So, a few busy evenings and early mornings to get as much completed as I can.

What shade of pink did you decide on for the layout, tools, legs, etc? :jester: