Fort Myers, Florida in the 90's - Its the layouts 30th birthday this year - Freemo South 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

They are individual LEDs connected to a 1k ohm resistor then wired to a decoder. I have used a 9 pin harness decoder so I can program it using an ESU decoder tester then plug it back into the cab car as there is no motor load in the cab car.

It has the same address as the loco but the decoder wired backwards so the ditchlights work in reverse to the loco of the same number.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

March's Merstham Freemo, TVAM in June, Merstham again in August, Armitage in Sept, & NMRA in Oct.

The layout is getting more of a work out this year than in the past 6 at least.

Oops, missed Furness.

Edited by AndrewC

• RMweb Gold

Yes. Its good to be able to get the layout out and about again.

This Sunday should see me start to widen and lengthen the fiddleyard now that the timber has been drying out in the living room. Just need to do the same with the MDF as its still in the car.

I still need ot decide what track is to go down on the widened section. Possibly two storage tracks.

• RMweb Gold

And the Freemo in Devon in May. ;)

I thought something was missing!

The Freemo set up is still the same as whats already built whihc has been to Freemo dos so far.

TVNAM and Barrow In Furness will be the first outings with the extended fiddleyard and juice factory

• Like 1

They are individual LEDs connected to a 1k ohm resistor then wired to a decoder. I have used a 9 pin harness decoder so I can program it using an ESU decoder tester then plug it back into the cab car as there is no motor load in the cab car.

It has the same address as the loco but the decoder wired backwards so the ditchlights work in reverse to the loco of the same number.

You just solved how I'm going to program my caboose/shoving platform.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a good job that ther isn't a pub near us any more otherwise I would be there too often (us summing it would be any good).

A few photos showing the widening of the two main juice factory / fiddleyard boards. This also now allows both boards to be boxed together which wasn't possible beforehand.

The third board needs to be lengthened and widened.

At present these won't be going to Freemo meets but that is a possibility at some point if at the end of a run of modules.

A modification completed a month ago was to fit an Express net panel to one of the boards rather than carrying itvlosecand risk of misplacing it. This will no doubt come in handy at the Exeter Freemo meeting next month

post-1557-0-80958700-1461565834_thumb.jpeg

post-1557-0-12829700-1461565850_thumb.jpeg

post-1557-0-89728200-1461565870_thumb.jpeg

post-1557-0-41992000-1461565893_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Another project that I started work on yesterday.

Our late friend enjoyed modelling maintenance trains be it UK or abroad.

He completed six Orange Difco ballast tippers plus a few ballast hoppers. He also weathered and detailed this Athearn loco fitting working ditchlights both ends.

However one thing that he didn't do was to add the decals to the loco number boxes above the cab and on the rear hood.

So yesterday I added them. There was a bit of repair to the cab roof where the headlight bulb had slightly melted it. This has now been filled and painted . Just requires a touch of fading to match his excellent faded paintwork.

Hoping that we can run his MOW train at the Exeter Freemo if there is space as it will be he first time it has run in about five years or more.

Edited for autocorrect again.

post-1557-0-57552500-1461587201_thumb.jpeg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

So yesterday I added them. There was a

So a bit of repair to the cab roof where the headlight bulb had slightly me

Ted it. This has now been filled and pointed. Just requires a touch of fading to match his excellent faded paintwork

You been on the beer again???????????

• RMweb Gold

So yesterday I added them. There was aSo a bit of repair to the cab roof where the headlight bulb had slightly meTed it. This has now been filled and pointed. Just requires a touch of fading to match his excellent faded paintworkYou been on the beer again???????????

Wish I had been been on the beer looking at that jumble. I even checked it before posting. Some times it changes as you post.

• RMweb Gold

What surprises me is that you have a juice plant instead of a brewery. That way you could drink while you work.

When I built Fort Myers there weren't many breweries about especially in Florida.

However with over 4000 craft breweries in the USA I ought to add one. Maybe call it  'The Orange Brewing Co'. There is actually a small brewer in Fort Myers now. We visited it last Christmas but it wouldn't need a rail siding as its quite small.

http://www.burymebrewing.com/

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Hoping that we can run his MOW train at the Exeter Freemo if there is space as it will be he first time it has run in about five years or more.

So long as it will fit in one of the Fort Myers yard tracks, basing it out of there should be fine. :) Looking forward to seeing it. :)

Breweries are always all over the place. Brewers usually go with the local waters' taste (hence why Milwaukee and New York had all of those breweries), access to ingredients, and affordable space to build the brewery. The Brooklyn brewery is located in an old bakery. If you make up a name for the brewery, it wouldn't be unprototypical and breweries are a treasure trove of car varieties.

• Like 1

Glorious NSE, on 26 Apr 2016 - 14:47, said:

So long as it will fit in one of the Fort Myers yard tracks, basing it out of there should be fine. :) Looking forward to seeing it. :)

There's going to be at least one more MoW train running at Christow. MoW'R'Us.

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Graham had Plenty of MOW cars but he only westhered enough to fit in the loops on Fort Myers so that's what I shall use. At some point I need to weather the rest of his cars to match his weathering.

Maybe we can have a blockade on the set up at lunch time!

Edit

I have his CSX MOW crane and a flanger

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1