The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

Though the Dogging community might find the location strangely attractive...  :scratchhead:or perhaps :scared:

About four years ago one of my volunteers thought that "dogging" was a new phrase for taking your dog for a walk and started telling everyone she was into dogging.....

In the end my manager had to have a little word with her explaining that's not what it means. :angel:

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

14 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

About four years ago one of my volunteers thought that "dogging" was a new phrase for taking your dog for a walk and started telling everyone she was into dogging.....

In the end my manager had to have a little word with her explaining that's not what it means. :angel:

Hi Jason,

Just like this sketch by Peter Kay ?

Gibbo.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.be98ec1de64bf47cdacaffddd2552a75.png

It's the C arousal in Barmouth

Louise Birchall with Gemma Gee and 4 others obviously didn't know where they were.:jester:

https://goo.gl/maps/P2AzfB6SDAnGNJLp7

https://goo.gl/maps/zh3HenFyDUYXuPmi9

Seems to have a problem with the C falling off! (on purpose)

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

The Carousal Cafe was always having the initial letter C stolen so gave up replacing it.  Three years (or four, can't recall off hand) it was sold and turned into a sit down chippy restaurant, and as part of the refurbishment (very nicely done I have to say having visited on a couple of occasions) they put up new signage - but, in a nice tribute to the old sign, had them installed with the initial "C" looking like it was falling off.

It's alleged locally that the original "Carousal" name was a mis-spelling of "Carousel" which to me sounds more plausible than naming a caff after a drunken stooshie!

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2