The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.5c8181a85ba45a4ef089c1ec8fe561d1.png

Canine exhibitionists lane...

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.7c58d3283c536deaf8c287074373e4dc.png

The curse of inattentive auto correct strikes again!

6 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

84828619-A96E-49BE-AE46-C7CEFA5CC34A.jpeg.7cd54b02e7e602c7666986b1f6bda1c0.jpeg

Big van, small....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Somewhere in Manchester...

Then someone got "offended", so they changed the sign

I'm not surprised - objectification of women and sexual innuendo. Where do they think they are? 1972?

For my part, I'm massively offended by the spurious statistic in the revised version which amounts to false advertising.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Pacific231G said:

You can land but you can never take-off again.

Witnessed on one Tactical Evaluation at an RAF station in the far North of the Kingdom {first time I've used that expression feeling it's an accurate expression}, there was a practice Fly-off {cuzz - Buckets of, Exercise, Soviet Sunshine were on their way}.   Umpires went round ticking their Clip-board checklists and stopped next to a Phantom, which was mid-service, so still lacking Flaps and Bang Seats.  An umpire paused by the aircraft and stated that it could not be included in the ready count.  The {RN} pilot happened to be standing by and disagreed.  The {RAF} umpire stated, firmly, that it wasn't fully servicible, due to having no Ejector seat and no Flaps.

The Navy pilot, looked the RAF umpire and stated, that, with the scenario threat of incoming nukes, I'll grab a box and take my chances, up there.  With almost a "Gotcha sneer" the RAF umpire said, "How the hell are you going to land a Phantom, with no Flaps?"  Calmly the Navy pilot turned to look the Umpire straight between the eyes and very firmly, said -

-  "Fast!"

Looking at the Umpire's reaction made it very difficult indeed, to keep a straight face.   🤣

NB. He did get tick on the checklist - and a note was made, for future exercises, to include different standards for what could count as a flyable aircraft.   🧐

Edited by jcredfer
Correction
  • Like 5
  • Funny 6