Small Shunter at Aylesbury Depot?

edcayton

In my new book of aerial photo's there is a shot of the Depot (is it Chiltern Railways?) just North of Aylesbury station. There is what appears to be a small diesel shunter in a siding. It has wasp stripes on the cab end, but I can see no more of the livery. It does not look like an 08 to me. Has something escaped from Quainton Road? or does anyone know different?

There's no date on this photo, but most of the dated ones in the book are 2010. Any ideas?

Ed

• RMweb Gold

the shunter in question is "lesley", there is a similar one in wembley called "scaz", only a coulpe of aylesbury drivers sign it, it doesnt seem to do much, if anything!

if you do google street view on station way, aylesbury you can see it parked up next to the shed

When she was at ELL, otherwise emotionless hard-cases from the track team were so taken by their new charge that she got white tyres and buffers at one stage! And yes, as part of the day job she was scratched for a trip wrong line from Surrey Quays to Rotherhithe on one occasion. Better than the Rail Replacement bus!

• RMweb Premium

Indeed, but Ruston & Hornsby had many different designs.

Maybe - but there's often a common element between different designs from the same builder - radiator profiles for example. As Mike Edge has said on another thread - he's looking at a small North British industrial - and he comments that he already has a lot of the design features/details.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

Here she is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eybusman/4509843711/

She's a Ruston & Hornsby LSSH, very similar to a R&H Class 07 (a LSSE), it was a former MoD shunter, but was brought by Chiltern for use at Aylesbury to shunt Wrexham & Shropshire stock around the site, and is now used to shunt the same stock for the Chiltern Loco Hauled services. It is named after Adrain Shooters PA.

Here's my version:

post-7271-0-75759600-1324238174_thumb.jpg

A Sliver Fox 07 body kit on a Bachmann Split Chassis 03. It is painted in Chiltern Blue (actually Humbrol French Blue). It still has to be finished with wasp stripes, glasing and name plates

Simon

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bit of a bump for this topic, im sure there was a newer one but i cant find it using the search function, anyway on a break in aylesbury at the mo and bored so i decided to get a couple of pics of "lesley" from the borg walk

4b9774b1.jpg

Parked up with both the bubblecars

430cc83b.jpg

A

Closer zoomed in shot

Hope they are of some use to someone.......

10 mins and back to london via the met, then back to brum!

Archived