Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kim Jong-Il is dead

Mike at C&M

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday J Vine on R2 did a spoof "this is your life" on Kim now dead, quite amusing that at the time of his birth the weather became glorious with rainbows (doesn't that mean rain ?) he could speak at 6 months and wrote his first manifesto at 2 years. he also wrote 1500 best selling books as well as the infamous 11(?) holes in 1 the first time he played golf.

If you have been indoctrinated from birth with no contact with the rest of the world, it is conceivable that you may believe it.................have you ever been to Suffolk.

This clip looks like Rent-a-mourner - http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-16241242

A carefully choreographed crowd watched by onlookers and a line-up of grieving workers.

All the footage I have seen so far has had a few comically grieving mourners at the front and what looked like pretty indifferent onlookers behind. If you look at the scene in Andy's clip in the office, it looks to me that a couple of the men look more like they are trying to suppress laughter.

• RMweb Premium

If you have been indoctrinated from birth with no contact with the rest of the world, it is conceivable that you may believe it.................have you ever been to Suffolk.

No, but I've been to Bedfordshire which is the same. :beee:

In the Sheffield Star I bet they manage to mention that

North Korea, who played at Pigsboro in the 1966 World Cup, are in mourning........

Or one of the most memorable games in the history of the World Cup, when Portugal came from behind to beat North Korea 5-3 at Goodison Pak in 1966 (North Korea having knocked out Italy in the group stages, having beaten them 1-0 in Middlesbrough).

North Korea met Portugal again in the 2010 World Cup, but I believe the result wasn't announced in North Korea.

This clip looks like Rent-a-mourner - http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-16241242

A carefully choreographed crowd watched by onlookers and a line-up of grieving workers.

Speculate no further.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16262027

So wonderful that we have our own State Media to interpret these stories for our benefit.

(But I bet the NKs get their State Media free).

Oi! Clearly you've never lived there. A wonderful place that was home for twenty years...... :protest:

• RMweb Gold

The mourning shown in N.Korea may be down to the people knowing how tough things are.

Only God knows how they have endured and suffered since there is no free media there.

If the people were/are brain washed/beaten into towing the party line then they would truly believe that it was only their great (ironic) leader efforts that made things as good as they are now!

In this case, the future uncertainty really would spill over into true grief as they would think things could only get worse.

The people really DO KNOW that things cannot get much worse – apart from immediate and brutal punishment if they try to change anything!

Maybe this is the worst case ever of “better the devil you know”!

Some of the mourning is down to not “sticking your head above the parapet” – sticking out in a crowd, ie not mourning, really is not good for you there. Only one person is allowed to “stick out” and he usually chose not to.

Other mourning, as I personally know, is just down to coercion.

(But we all suspected that anyway.)

Horrible man, good riddance. However his son does sound worse so not sure what to expect. I doubt the regime will collapse as a result.

why? whos he?

Kim Jong merrily on high...

it is not nice to make fun of names...

No, but I've been to Bedfordshire which is the same. :beee:

in the south part yes, not so north

all i know about this man is that he is a leader of a country

• RMweb Premium
If you think that all the 'mourning' is just put on for the benefit of the cameras, just re-read the last sentence of Orwell's 1984.

Good point John - I get the uncomfortable feeling that a lot of people really were brainwashed into revering the "Dear Leader" because they weren't able to consider any alternative.

In this day and age, it's frightening.

Posted · Hidden by Andy Y, December 21, 2011 - Under consideration
Hidden by Andy Y, December 21, 2011 - Under consideration

....Goodison Pak...

I thought Park Gu Sun played for Man U?

Oi! Clearly you've never lived there. A wonderful place that was home for twenty years...... :protest:

And was it all served at HMP Highpoint North, or Highpoint South? :jester: :jester: :jester:

.... to the best of my knowledge South Bedfordshire has never concluded a peace treaty with North Bedfordshire.

Not to mention the renegade enclave of Lutonistan which is threatening to secede!! :jester:

Archived