Ruby Road. Somewhere in the Southwest.

ess1uk

Hi Martin you lucky b*gger, they are like rocking horse do-dah and I could do with 4 or 5 of them, I've got 5 Fisons ones but I'd rather the UKFs.

There are a few on eBay at the moment if you are quick.

yep, it couldnt look any worse though :)

next on the hit list are the 2 PWAs to be sorted.

they need the ends painted brown

VGA looks great

I didn't know that the ends should've been brown on the UKF PWA's!!! :stinker:

That means I'll have to re-do mine :paint:

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

VGA looks great

I didn't know that the ends should've been brown on the UKF PWA's!!! :stinker:

That means I'll have to re-do mine :paint:

Jinty ;-)

So I'm told, all the pictures I've seen they are so dirty it's hard to tell

last night i won 3 PWA vans on ebay, 2 in UKF livery and 1 in Fisons. :)

i only really want the 2 in UKF to go with the 2 i already have.

today on the way back from Didcot i swung by Howes and picked up some Railmatch paint to do the ends of the PWAs brown and spray frame dirt to weather them :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

last night i won 3 PWA vans on ebay, 2 in UKF livery and 1 in Fisons. :)

Hi Martin, I thought you might be after them from your earlier comment to me, so I didn't bid against you.

• Thanks 1

Hi Martin, I thought you might be after them from your earlier comment to me, so I didn't bid against you.

Cheers mate

I would have been happy with the brown ones and painted them, now I only have to paint the ends on these

It was really nice meeting you at Wrecrail today. Shame there was no where convenient to sit down and chat. And it was a real coincidence that the two of you worked so close to each other at one time.

• Thanks 1

I've just had a look at my 3 UKF vans (I know it's taken a while!!!), and only one of them is a Lima one, the other two are Hornby and the ends are brown on them, and the brown is certainly a darker brown than the Lima ones.

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

Here are 2 of my PWA's.

I think Pullman umber is more correct as I think the Hornby colour looks right!!! :paint:

The Lima one on the left, Hornby on the right in top photo, other way round in the bottom.

post-14906-0-12649200-1407000843_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-12438800-1407000856_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the hijack!!!!

Jinty ;-)

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

It was really nice meeting you at Wrecrail today. Shame there was no where convenient to sit down and chat. And it was a real coincidence that the two of you worked so close to each other at one time.

We probably know a few of the same people, some of my mates were at Rodeo Tp.

Good to have finally met.

• Like 1

Here are 2 of my PWA's.

I think Pullman umber is more correct as I think the Hornby colour looks right!!! :paint:

The Lima one on the left, Hornby on the right in top photo, other way round in the bottom.

attachicon.gifWRX200.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX201.jpg

Sorry for the hijack!!!!

Jinty ;-)

I've just done one of mine with Railmatch Bauxite which looks close enough to the Lima brown.

It will do for me as by the time they are weathered to be as mucky as they seem to be in any pictures I've seen then I'm sure it won't be that noticeable.

• Like 1

I've just done one of mine with Railmatch Bauxite which looks close enough to the Lima brown.

It will do for me as by the time they are weathered to be as mucky as they seem to be in any pictures I've seen then I'm sure it won't be that noticeable.

Well after looking at my Lima one, Bauxite looks probably right, and like you say, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a clean one yet!!! :O

Get the dirt flowing :paint:

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to do a little painting last night but the nozzle on my spray can of frame dirt was blocked! :(

Guess I hadn't held it upside-down for long enough last time I used it?

Did try soaking it in enamel thinners and got a dribble of paint out, guess I will need to buy another can now?

So no more progress on weathering any of the recent wagons at the moment.

I went to do a little painting last night but the nozzle on my spray can of frame dirt was blocked! :(

Guess I hadn't held it upside-down for long enough last time I used it?

Did try soaking it in enamel thinners and got a dribble of paint out, guess I will need to buy another can now?

So no more progress on weathering any of the recent wagons at the moment.

They clog up really easy!!!! I found an overnight soak in white spirit can unclog them.

Jinty ;-)

• Thanks 1

They clog up really easy!!!! I found an overnight soak in white spirit can unclog them.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks.

I need to get some White spirit for a spot of decorating mrs Ess wants doing so will give that a go.