Ruby Road. Somewhere in the Southwest.

ess1uk

We did manage to get the train set down on the kitchen floor for a couple of hours last Sunday afternoon but all the locos ran poorly and the little tank gave up all together :(

post-11924-0-99372900-1361713596_thumb.jpg

Think some depot time for the fleet needs to be booked in before next operating day.

No other modelling done except to try and sort out some couplings on wagons so they stay coupled.

It's snowing this morning so the garden can wait again and I can attempt to fix some rolling stock.

I must weather those VEAs a bit more!

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

spent most of the day at Cargo Fleet Road crossing so not much to see except DMUs turning back using the Whitby line, too far round the corner to see the big uns on the Saltburn line.

lets see what we can get the rest of the week? :locomotive:

• Like 1

Yesterday I was in North Yorkshire by Castle Howard station and today in Cardiff!
Not a lot to see At Canton, just a few more Dmus and a 08 :(
Looking forward to a rest now and maybe a bit of retail therapy at Trains4U :)

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

posted the other one as thought i might get a quicker response than on here with my limited following.

not much to report layout wise, though i was offered a Hornby trainset for £25 on Saturday which i snapped up to give me another tank loco for the kids to play with whilst the other one is getting sorted.

loads of track and a controller thrown in too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

day 2 of my break from work and i've got a runny nose and keep sneezing so won't be doing much this week i think :(

freezing in the garage and unless we have a heat wave i wont be spending extended periods of time in there at the moment.

i was really looking forward to getting some of my half finished projects done.

Day 4 and it's still too cold in the garage, added to I'm not feeling great has meant little achieved other than cleaning loco wheels and removing fluff and stuff from rolling stock.

Still got a couple of locos that need some attention though.

• Like 1

Day 5 and it's warming up! I'm feeling better too :)

First full day of Ruby sitting as Mrs Ess is away for 4 nights.

Test track aka train set is operational in lounge and pleased to say locos are running fine after a clean.

Only thing is there are a few Lego people hitching rides in the open wagons.

• Like 4