Ruby Road. Somewhere in the Southwest.

ess1uk

Operation garage clean out started last night and already I can get to my trains cupboard more easily and there is enough room to do a little work.

Only problem is I'm now working away monday to friday and doing overtime on saturday!

No modeling for a while then! :(

Once the garage is sorted there is enough space to finish the tmd and run trains again without having to pack up after each session :)

I've been looking for Walls to go along the side of the sidings to hide the join of the back scene.

I only want a smallish 6foot wall not massive retaining arches so I reckon I will end up with card and brick paper to get what I want.

Last time I made anything this way it warped though so is there a way to stop this or would I be better off using some sort of plastic structure?

As ever, thanks for the advice.

whilst working at Ford this afternoon i had a quick look round the Engine Shed (it would have been rude not to) and i was very impressed by how much they have in a small shop.

I managed to only buy 2 things, another Bachmann wagon (VDA this time) and some cable drums to litter the siddings. :locomotive:

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

after having a think about walls and having another look at Orchard Road I've decided that the Ratio SR concrete walls are what i'm after for the edge of the sidings to hide the join to the backscene.

off to the model shop now i know what i want for definate.

• Like 2

Think I know the answer to my own question, but.....

I've just put my new Bachmann VDA next to my old Hornby one and they are completely different.

post-11924-0-12592400-1350212485_thumb.jpg

Which one is the most realistic?

Edited by ess1uk

Decided that the sidings were not overgrown enough so I've added some more clumps of long grass today.

post-11924-0-30890300-1350330168_thumb.jpg

post-11924-0-14756200-1350330275_thumb.jpg

some of that grass must get trimmed, its over head hight!

I really should get some more ply and extend the sidings before adding any more detail though?

Time to start planning the next phase I think.

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

yep, but i'm not trying to copy it, just using ideas for my own work

Thanks guys!

Glad to read that Orchard Road is still giving inspiration.

Your scenic board is coming along very well and you certainly have been making good progress.

It's all a learning process and as 'they' say, 'practice makes perfect' and from what I can see your modelling has come on very well!

Making a scenic board is a great way to have ago at few ideas / techniques.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

Glad to read that Orchard Road is still giving inspiration.

Your scenic board is coming along very well and you certainly have been making good progress.

It's all a learning process and as 'they' say, 'practice makes perfect' and from what I can see your modelling has come on very well!

Making a scenic board is a great way to have ago at few ideas / techniques.

There is something different to see each time you look and the attention to detail Is brilliant.

Edited by Shed
  • Like 2

using some old Hornby set track lying round in the garage I'm trying to come up with a plan to extend the test board into something useable.

here's what i've come up with with the few bits of track I have.

post-11924-0-93933500-1350212652_thumb.jpg

Obviously it does not have to stay like this and the points will be new and not the battered and broken ones in the picture.

Fancying a bit of Kingsmill inspired engineers yard :)

Need somewhere for all these wagons I've got!

over to you for ideas.....

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

using some old Hornby set track lying round in the garage I'm trying to come up with a plan to extend the test board into something useable.

here's what i've come up with with the few bits of track I have.

post-11924-0-93933500-1350212652_thumb.jpg

Obviously it does not have to stay like this and the points will be new and not the battered and broken ones in the picture.

Fancying a bit of Kingsmill inspired engineers yard :)

Need somewhere for all these wagons I've got!

over to you for ideas.....

why not try a 3 way point to save space?

more room for wagons then!

• Like 1

No track work this weekend due to Ruby's birthday and a trip to Legoland yesterday.

Got back late last night and was going to go to the show ground for the festival but in the end too tired and couldn't be bothered.

I'm starting on my Yeoman PGA rake again though and will take a couple with me this week so I have something to do in the hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...