Loch Leven,

Andrew P

Hi Andy, like the fence, l bet that took some time to get it right ?

Yes mate, not an easy job, and trying ti get the three strands of wire along the top was as bad as trying to cut the net curtain streight and getting the posts to stand still whilst gluing it all together. BUT well worth the effort. I will post some close up's of the clutter and ivy soon.

Hi, well as Loch Leven is designed to run with stock from almost any era I thought I would try my Modern Image locos just to see how it would look. My wagons are at the club room so when the yard is full of Seacows, Limpets and general engineering wagons it will look much better.

post-9335-0-40845400-1328558892_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23449100-1328558910_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31344900-1328558926_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33496000-1328558944_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59244000-1328558958_thumb.jpg

I start with the Gresley and Wychnor Easter Sunday / Monday open weekend,

Next it is the R.M.Web event in Stafford in July,

Then the Great Central Nottingham Exhibition on 4th / 5th August,

and finally it is the Hazel Grove Show on 27th / 28th October.

In between these both Glen Roy and Deesdale Road will be out and about, so a fairly busy year ahead.

hope i can achieve something of this level ,one day

really looking good andrew .

Thanks James, Many, many years of getting it BADLY WRONG has helped so just keep trying either new or other peoples methods.

O.K. I have now edited the opening text and heading to just Loch Leven and removed the bit about Leeismore, it now seems to make more sence and as it has run as Loch Leven for a few weeks now and is booked at shows as such that it how it should be..

The layout's looking fine Andy and up to your usual standard's, l cant wait until you start another '0 gauge' one, like this one, just love seeing how you make them grow into fine layout's, inspirational as ever, well done.............

post-7716-0-75284800-1329041513_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Have enjoyed looking through your thread Andy. Love the backscene work - don't think my artistry is up to that!

What have you used to make the rock faces? Is it sculpted polyfilla or a bit of heat on polystyrene blocks? Or neither!

Regards,

Jeff

Have enjoyed looking through your thread Andy. Love the backscene work - don't think my artistry is up to that!

What have you used to make the rock faces? Is it sculpted polyfilla or a bit of heat on polystyrene blocks? Or neither!

Regards,

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your interest, the rocks are DAS Modeling Clay. Before it starts to go off I go over it with an old nail brush or tooth brush and also stipple some areas. I use the white and then when hard, (about 2 - 3 days I work a dark grey acrylic over the top ensuring it goes into the cracks. Again when that has dried I go over with a light grey / white but as DRY BRUSHING ensuring it DOES NOT GO IN THE CRACKS this then gives depth and texture. The light grey / white will pick up some dark grey in places to give extra tone. Hope that helps mate.

Coming on well Andy, those ratio fences are a pain aren't they, just finished mine on Outon P2. I found the barbed wire better done by raiding the missus cotton box for an appropriate shade (mine was a sort of rusty grey colour) and threading it though the posts with a needle threader (or whatever they are called). Made the job 10 times easier I can tell you!!

Cav

Coming on well Andy, those ratio fences are a pain aren't they, just finished mine on Outon P2. I found the barbed wire better done by raiding the missus cotton box for an appropriate shade (mine was a sort of rusty grey colour) and threading it though the posts with a needle threader (or whatever they are called). Made the job 10 times easier I can tell you!!

Cav

Hi Cav, I thought a stiff fine wire would help support the post, and also make the job of threading it through easier! WRONG, It now looks like it has been climed over a thousand times.

• RMweb Gold

Yes mate, not an easy job, and trying ti get the three strands of wire along the top was as bad as trying to cut the net curtain streight and getting the posts to stand still whilst gluing it all together. BUT well worth the effort. I will post some close up's of the clutter and ivy soon.

Hi Andy,

The fencing looks fine to me. I had a similar problem with the fencing on Orchard Road, although mine is much shorter than yours.

Looking forward to seeing Loch Leven at RMweb Stafford (I will also be bringing along Orchard Road).

Hi Andy,

The fencing looks fine to me. I had a similar problem with the fencing on Orchard Road, although mine is much shorter than yours.

Looking forward to seeing Loch Leven at RMweb Stafford (I will also be bringing along Orchard Road).

Great, I am really looking forward to seeing Orchard Road at RM Web as the mag pics were really good, see you there. And yes that fence was a bit too long and over a board join as well. Talk about making life difficult for my self!!!! :nono:

• RMweb Premium

I do like your rock outcroppings, Andy. The DAS technique seems to work well - and the scale looks good next to the loco.

Not sure about the backscene - that guitarist looks rather out of scale. Is he a permanent fixture?

Much enjoyment from your thread!

Cheers,

Jeff

I do like your rock outcroppings, Andy. The DAS technique seems to work well - and the scale looks good next to the loco.

Not sure about the backscene - that guitarist looks rather out of scale. Is he a permanent fixture?

Much enjoyment from your thread!

Cheers,

Jeff

Should not have got that pic in. It is my head on Hank Marvins body and given to me when I left the Silvertones a few years ago, I was their Bass Man.

Archived