Bachmann new for 2012 release date?

OOgaugeJaf

Well I`m still waiting for an eastern non ventilated van, highbar open wagons, LMS Portholes and a pillbox

Covhops and polybulks as well!

Hi,

Can I quote my post please?

Meanwhile, lets not turn this thread into "Can we have xxx Mr Bachmann?"

Let's not wishlist, Andy and the Mods will only close the thread!

Simon

Bachmann fanboys refers to this subject, I think:

It's possibly a topic of limited relevance (albeit maybe with some appeal) to a model rail forum, IMHO.

I think she F*** by the wayside in Iowa did she not?

Edit Asterisk count duly reduced following sharp eyed review by SACM.

Yes, Chard's Bachmann closely followed the polls, though the caucus results were not to her liking, and her fanboys were so fond of tea they had a party for it. That's about as far as I can go finding something in common with British outline model railway fans. I'll stop now before I cross over the political rule.

The point made earlier about 'very little to come from earlier announcements' in some of the genres they have been covering rather well in recent years is well observed. They need to significantly refill the pipeline or Dapol, Heljan and Hornby are going to enjoy most of my RTR allocated spend...

Incidentally something I hadn't realised until it was pointed out to me at the weekend was the extent of their MU-ery. For a genre that was not thought to be that saleable until fairly recently, the way they have quietly built up to fifteen classes produced is quite impressive. While I realise that this has barely dented the total range of classes that have run in the UK, that strikes me as a fair start over relatively few years.

It will probably be at the Hobby and Model Show, but I don't know when that is, but someone esle will

Bachmann stopped announcing their new range at the Toy Fair a couple of years ago IIRC ?

This years Toy Fair is being held at London's Olympia on 24th - 26th January.

The 'Hobby and Model Show' and the 'Toy Fair' are different. IIRC Bachmann used to announce its new range at the Toy Fair in January but stopped doing so a couple of years ago, setting up a new Hobby and Model Show in March instead. ......

....have emailed Bachmann today to be told the new range and catalogues will be released at a trade fair in March, no specific date was given.

Apologies for mixing up the Toy Fair and the Hobby and Model Show.

I can't find any reference to the latter's date and venue for 2012.

I now just about remember last years event; was it at the Ricoh stadium, Coventry? It's all a big vague now.

Hi

have checked last years announcement thread and yes it was at coventry, I have also tried to find the dates via google and cannot which is why I emailed Bachmann but no specific date was given by them. I am surprised I am unable to find any more details on the net as I would have thought it would have been advertised by now so people can arrange to attend as appropriate.

mark

The date and venue for this years Model and Hobby Show is Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th March. The show is trade only!

Bachmann/Farish will therefore probably be announcing any new models at that time, and the catalogues will follow shortly afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived