Bachmann new for 2012 release date?

OOgaugeJaf

No date has been announced yet; it wasn't a delay until March last year, it was the same as the previous year and a planned date but I would expect it to be likely to be early to mid March whichever way.

Hate to put a cat among the pigeons but are we sure there will be an announcement this year? Reason I state this is Bachmann's catalogue/announcement was branded "Bachmann 2011/12" where as the year before was most defiantly "Bachmann 2010". I know this was partly because it was accepted that all of the announced would not be released in 2011 but it does make one wonder.

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

Hate to put a cat among the pigeons but are we sure there will be an announcement this year? Reason I state this is Bachmann's catalogue/announcement was branded "Bachmann 2011/12" where as the year before was most defiantly "Bachmann 2010". I know this was partly because it was accepted that all of the announced would not be released in 2011 but it does make one wonder.

Bruce

I don't think you need worry there. As I understand it, Bachmann called its current catalogue 2011/12 to reflect the fact that some new models in it would not appear until 2012. In the past people complained that some items were in the catalogue for a particular year but had not appeared by the end of that year. Hornby on the other hand has traditionally said that all models in the catalogue would appear that year (and generally achieved it until the recent production problems). So it merely reflects a differentr approach and I think it is safe to say we will see a new Bachmann catalogue for 2012/13 before Easter.

If you look at Bachmann's website, you will see that at least for coaches and wagons, nigh on all the new items have now appeared, which is not bad going. We are still awaiting the Mk1 sleepers and some new 3 wagon packs but there's very little else. If there is no new catalogue, Bachmann will be having a very quiet 2012...

It will probably be at the Hobby and Model Show, but I don't know when that is, but someone esle will

Bachmann stopped announcing their new range at the Toy Fair a couple of years ago IIRC ?

This years Toy Fair is being held at London's Olympia on 24th - 26th January.

As far as I can see, the only model railway manufacturer due to attend is Hornby; but then they are primarily a toy and hobby manufacturer / importer, who happen to also serve the model railway market.

i think the date will be the same as last year. early March and i cant see them taking a gap year so I would anticipate some nice new surprise releases but itll be the waiting game again for 2 and bit years.

i do wonder what all the fuss is about with people not liking others saying what they want. the usual disparaging remarks come up such as "frothing" or "Bachmann fanboys" etc. surely forums like this with modellers saying what they want is one of the main media tools the manufacturers go on these days.

put simply live and let live. for those that dont like the "we want" ideas then they are free to read other threads.

I'll gladly stick my neck out if thats what it takes and start things off........

AC Class 81 electric loco follow up to the 85 would seem to make real sense as there is lots to carry over from the 85 model.

I bet many southern modellers would like to see a new detailed electro diesel class 73 too?

i do wonder what all the fuss is about with people not liking others saying what they want. the usual disparaging remarks come up such as "frothing" or "Bachmann fanboys" etc. surely forums like this with modellers saying what they want is one of the main media tools the manufacturers go on these days.

If you're happy to volunteer to keep a 24/7 eye on and move all of the duplication, repetition etc you could always set your own place up. I'd just prefer to keep it to manageable proportions.

Searching on "Bachmann fanboys" only brings up your post so I don't know where you're importing the artificial disparagement from?

• RMweb Premium

I thought Bachmann had switched to anouncing a 18 month programme of releases at a trade/magazine only factory open day each March. Hence this year's catalogue will be dated 2012/2013 and be released in March.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

It will probably be at the Hobby and Model Show, but I don't know when that is, but someone esle will

Meanwhile, lets not turn this thread into "Can we have xxx Mr Bachmann?"

Simon

Bachmann stopped announcing their new range at the Toy Fair a couple of years ago IIRC ?

This years Toy Fair is being held at London's Olympia on 24th - 26th January.

As far as I can see, the only model railway manufacturer due to attend is Hornby; but then they are primarily a toy and hobby manufacturer / importer, who happen to also serve the model railway market.

The 'Hobby and Model Show' and the 'Toy Fair' are different. IIRC Bachmann used to announce its new range at the Toy Fair in January but stopped doing so a couple of years ago, setting up a new Hobby and Model Show in March instead. Whilst Bachmann ran the first one, I think a commercial organisation now runs it and its there that Bachmann makes its annual announcement, covering the following 18 months or so.

If we see the BFYE and GSYP Lightweights and the MkI Sleepers prior to March, by way of some committed 2011 releases tidy-up, there's a few on here who'll not only be happy, but probably will have consumed their Bachy allocated budget for the year!

And if the promised Serck-grille Brush Type 4s escape into the marketplace, vs the limited use tri-grilles that were their late substitutes last year, then that's a fair amount of spend without really trying, or without any hot product being announced from left field.

Guest Belgian

If you look at Bachmann's website, you will see that at least for coaches and wagons, nigh on all the new items have now appeared, which is not bad going. We are still awaiting the Mk1 sleepers and some new 3 wagon packs but there's very little else. If there is no new catalogue, Bachmann will be having a very quiet 2012...

According to Pat Hammond and MRExpress this morning 5 types of 3-wagon packs have now left the factory in China. Now we just await the sleepers . . . I won't go on though. There's remarkably few of the 2011/12 items left to come in 2012 other than the locos and Portholes.

JE

Im looking forward to the Blue pullman but,

dont want it to seem like a wishlist but these are loco's Bachmann should easily be able to do with chassis already in the range.

BR standard class 2 2-6-0

BR standard class 2 2-6-2T

Crosti and Ex crosti 9f

and id really like to see a new class 40 body up to the standard (or better) of the newer peak.

Mike

Archived