3D Printed Warwell... R&R 45t Crane, ICI Hopper, Biomass & others

• 1 month later...

Dear Wild Boar Fell,

Here's one of your Warwells on my layout, Cottleston, at the Southwold show a couple of weeks ago.

The wagon got a fair bit of attention and I was passing out your name to interested parties.

Cheers,

Ben.

DSCN0273.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks.

They are Genesis, there are three of them along with your Warwell and that is all the room I have in my fiddle yard. The Sultan CVR(T) is an S&S Models resin kit which gives the Warwell just enough weight to go through single slips and plain paintwork on the layout both being propelled and towed.

If you get any spare time a model of the cradles for Warriors would be a useful addition.

The PFAs were out in the exhibition too - a couple of other exhibitors and visitors were very interested in them.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks.

They are Genesis, there are three of them along with your Warwell and that is all the room I have in my fiddle yard. The Sultan CVR(T) is an S&S Models resin kit which gives the Warwell just enough weight to go through single slips and plain paintwork on the layout both being propelled and towed.

If you get any spare time a model of the cradles for Warriors would be a useful addition.

The PFAs were out in the exhibition too - a couple of other exhibitors and visitors were very interested in them.

Cheers,

Ben.

It does look good. Mrs SG has a set of the Genesis flats she keeps threatening to make me build for her, the well makes a very attractive addition there, i may have to pursuade her she wants one ;)

I've been thinking of a few PFAs for a while now (other things crop up meaning i haven't ordered them yet), do you have any shots of how they look as a 'train'?

Thanks

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Going back to the R&R 45t steam crane I thought you might like to see this photograph taken on Fisherton Sarum of my nearly completed model based on her 1946 condition (hence being in grey)

post-243-0-73353300-1442244119_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for the photo Graham, thats looking superb.

I must admit, I still haven't got around to permanently rigging mine yet.

Am I right in thinking you have changed the buffers?

Brian, no worries if you cannot find any. I have made some progress with these, and will attempt a test print tomorrow.

post-13109-0-73207500-1442330553_thumb.jpg

post-13109-0-30064700-1442330558_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I hope to rig mine at the weekend, if I can pluck up the courage (although the colour diagrams in your instructions are excellent) and no the buffers are as you supplied.

Brian, no worries if you cannot find any. I have made some progress with these, and will attempt a test print tomorrow.

attachicon.gifK20 008.jpg

attachicon.gifK20 008a.jpg

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

They certainly look like the pictures, let me know how you get on printing them

Edited by girlinb

Back on the drawing board today,

After a bit of a rethink, I will be releasing the FFA/FGA's as the Bachmann model is still a long way from completion.

I shall try and post a image of the test print tomorrow. Please note the headstock's on the FGA's are not final and need further detailing.

post-13109-0-03707600-1442521335_thumb.jpg

Wild Boar Fell

• Like 4

Back on the drawing board today,

After a bit of a rethink, I will be releasing the FFA/FGA's as the Bachmann model is still a long way from completion.

I shall try and post a image of the test print tomorrow. Please note the headstock's on the FGA's are not final and need further detailing.

attachicon.gifCHAS FFA FGA 023.jpg

Wild Boar Fell

Put me down for (and I think you can guess the rest (how much plastic is in the printer?!))

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...