Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

The BIN price of £925.00 may be perfectly reasonable, even if you only get two trains not all those shown

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Digital-Set-HL5-Huge-Jadlam-Layout-2-with-two-trains-included/330967533632?_trksid=p2047675.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17233%26meid%3D1491522277822872301%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D8045%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D231052579992%26

but what gets me is that the seller has "More than 10 available". And they have other similar Hornby trains sets on offer too. Just who buys them? Shops?

I've dealt with them before for some FGW HST 'neon' TSOs (at a good price then!) and some Pullmans with good service. A sizable enterprise seemingly. 

http://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/t-about.aspx?&tabid=1

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Premium

Neil, on 23 Sept 2013 - 16:47, said:snapback.png

One even better Neil! http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d444caa2f  @ £12,847.65....!  :O

Seems to be an Oz connection??

Goodness, makes the diesel seem reasonable. Surely one of those decimal place errors; I'll have to ask.

Edit: Have asked, will update with response.

I've dealt with them before for some FGW HST 'neon' TSOs (at a good price then!) and some Pullmans with good service. A sizable enterprise seemingly. 

I've had kits of Italian rolling stock from them in the not too distant past; I'd agree with the good service.

Edited by Neil

The BIN price of £925.00 may be perfectly reasonable, even if you only get two trains not all those shown

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Digital-Set-HL5-Huge-Jadlam-Layout-2-with-two-trains-included/330967533632?_trksid=p2047675.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17233%26meid%3D1491522277822872301%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D8045%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D231052579992%26

but what gets me is that the seller has "More than 10 available". And they have other similar Hornby trains sets on offer too. Just who buys them? Shops?

Hi

Read the small print:This set has all the track to make up the layout shown, and two passenger trains.

Buildings, Platforms, Scenics, cars etc. are NOT included.

There are 100+ buildings and platforms shown in the photo. Some are no longer available but we have alternatives?.

Edited by darren01

I confess I've not looked in any detail at JadlamRacingModels' track packs, although I suspect they are made up to order, so the 'More than 10 available' is legit, albeit they're not all boxed up ready.  When I was a lad, a friend had a complete model railway for Christmas one year - his dad had put up the shed, built the baseboards and laid the track - and I can foresee that the kind of track pack on offer could appeal in that sort of situation.

On the subject of the seller though, I have used them several times (once at the weekend), and their service has been up there with the best.

• RMweb Premium

Goodness, makes the diesel seem reasonable. Surely one of those decimal place errors; I'll have to ask.

Edit: Have asked, will update with response..

I said ....

I can't help but feel you might have got the decimal point in the wrong place with this loco and the Trix 2-4-4 K Bay Sts tank. If so there is an up-side in that it's given you an extra web presence at RMweb.

Regards, Neil

..... the reply came back

Hi Neil

Yes decimal point on my keyboard playing up , but now you told me that i might milk it for a couple of days !

Best Regards Alan

Sense of humour and sharp business acumen.

• Like 6

You could buy a pair of good working ones for that!* Does anyone seriously want this bright orange cr rubbish?

*I paid a tenner for a Tri-ang Britannia not so long ago, complete with smoke unit.

Edited by Il Grifone

On the subject of the seller though, I have used them several times (once at the weekend), and their service has been up there with the best.

Yes, but for that kind of money I'd expect it to be hand delivered by Fiona Fullerton in a bikini abseiling from a helicopter while the Red Arrows flew over & U2 were playing in the train room...

Yes, but for that kind of money I'd expect it to be hand delivered by Fiona Fullerton in a bikini abseiling from a helicopter while the Red Arrows flew over & U2 were playing in the train room...

When you do find that as a postage option, ring me immediately.

Ta.

I can't see how anything with broken parts and tatty finish can be described as "ORIGINAL GOOD CONDITION". The scale is actually H0 (very approximately) as the buffer spacing will testify.

The broken buffers are OK since, as it's a (rather poor) model of a U.S. diesel (Plymouth MDT IIRC), it shouldn't have any.

I would suggest the '3' needs to be removed from the price.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Read the small print:This set has all the track to make up the layout shown, and two passenger trains.

Buildings, Platforms, Scenics, cars etc. are NOT included.

There are 100+ buildings and platforms shown in the photo. Some are no longer available but we have alternatives?.

I have dealt with them too and the service has been fine. My reason for posting was more to question who would want them bearing in mind the price (other perhaps than shops), seeing as how many they have for sale.

• RMweb Gold

I can't see how anything with broken parts and tatty finish can be described as "ORIGINAL GOOD CONDITION". The scale is actually H0 (very approximately) as the buffer spacing will testify.

The broken buffers are OK since, as it's a (rather poor) model of a U.S. diesel (Plymouth MDT IIRC), it shouldn't have any.

I would suggest the '3' needs to be removed from the price.

I paid less than a fiver for the one that my grandchildren use on the shunting plank. It's got all four buffers and the lining is complete. In that condition at Cartmel it would probably be advertised at £100+.

• RMweb Gold

I guess that it's a mistake (wrong photo?). I've dealt with them for Hornby coach spares and have enjoyed a satisfactory service.

It would be very interesting to know if any of the 'usual suspects' do read the wonderful stuff written about them on this thread! If they did, I suspect that they probably wouldn't give a ***s, if the behaviour of some at auctions is taken into account. :stinker:

Has this been rescued from Barry I wonder (to have got in the state its in):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Spare-A3-A4-Chassis-E-/141071885594?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20d88a251a

Either way, it seems a bit steep for essentially a motor and chassis block.

Chassis only - may be bits missing....    Understatement of the year ?