Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Ooh, and another Model Rail Class 128 Red Star DPU up for grabs, doesn't say sold out on this one, but why pay this price when you can have one for £139.95 posted.......these are possibly carpet baggers who will end up with burnt fingers here !!!.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heljan-OO-Gauge-898431-Red-Star-Express-Parcels-Class-128-DPU-/390803400223?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5afdb2a61f

Well at that price he can stick it where the sun do's not shine !.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you see an item on ebay, and you think 'Why don't people research, before listing?'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Terrier-Class-A1X-Locomotive-and-three-wagons-/201058528577?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ed005ad41

Nice spelling too....

Hornby Locamotive " Terrier Class A1X " 47556. good little runner.
With three wagons all in first class nick.

"So Come on....do the Locamotion!" ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

Sometimes, just sometimes, you see an item on ebay, and you think 'Why don't people research, before listing?'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Terrier-Class-A1X-Locomotive-and-three-wagons-/201058528577?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ed005ad41

Thing I liked most was his strapline, “All Very good condition. just been standing on my model.” 

• RMweb Gold

Not actually ebay madness but prob of interest here?  Just trawling through the interweb I came across this pre-owned (but unstarted) K's French autorail.  There must be a customer for it somewhere out there?  Olddudders maybe?

https://www.frtrains.com/shop/fr/category/Autorails_HO/object/KEYSER_SNCF_KIT_AUTORAIL_X_5500_A_MONTER_NBO

Nice spelling too....

"So Come on....do the Locamotion!" ;)

And including the tempting description: All Very good condition. just been standing on my model.

Must be a lot lighter than me...

• RMweb Gold

This seller does this repeatedly: I'm sure it's just to attract attention ...

There is a bog-standard SEFinecast A4 kit going for £149.95 BIN, where SEF sell them for £99.50.

Do people never check what an item costs in life before buying/bidding?

With so many R-T-R A4's available, a SEF A4 recently sold on Ebay for less than £50.

A regular high pricer from the Lake District has relisted a beaten-up BEC D11 body and tender (no chassis)for £140. This was previously listed for over 2 years at £135.

Do you think he'll sell it this time, with Bachmann's lovely D11 models available?

Thane of fife

• RMweb Gold

Another 'research' one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-152-N-CLASS-BR-BLACK-L-CREST-LOCO-31813-/141239397680?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20e2862d30

The first picture doesn't show the mistake, but the second one shows it quite clearly

I think he means "untestable" rather than "untested".  I wonder what the other side looks like ....

I think he means "untestable" rather than "untested".  I wonder what the other side looks like ....

I was talking about the Crests, and how he thinks the Early Crest is the Late Crest, but that too!

Model Rail Class 128 Red Star DPU, "Sold out" ??? no they are not, still in stock at Kernow, 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heljan-Class-128-898431-Red-Star-Express-Parcels-/111310636632?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19eaa18658

Jeeez, I can't believe that no one stuck a bid on this baby ????

The perennial high pricer has moved into Kirk coaches.

He has listed a ten coach collection. Seven random coaches and a triplet restaurant for £795. There are two sleeping cars, a buffet car and a full brake. If one forms a rake from the collection then I suppose that passenger would be served meals at their bunks, and who ever heard of a restaurant set and a buffet car in the same rake. He advertises that handrails etc have been added, but doesn't say that only applies to some coaches.

He also has a 4-quad artic set for £197.50, with a dodgy bogie. I hate to think what he'd charge for a  set with a good bogie, correct couplings, separate handrails, and decent underframes. Perhaps it would be £795.

Thane of Fife

Edited by Thane of Fife

He has listed a ten coach collection. Seven random coaches and a triplet restaurant for £795. There are two sleeping cars, a buffet car and a full brake. If one forms a rake from the collection then I suppose that passenger would be served meals at their bunks, and who ever heard of a restaurant set and a buffet car in the same rake. He advertises that handrails etc have been added, but doesn't say that only applies to some coaches.

He also has a 4-quad artic set for £197.50, with a dodgy bogie. I hate to think what he'd charge for a  set with a good bogie, correct couplings, separate handrails, and decent underframes. Perhaps it would be £795.

Thane of Fife

DIdn't the 1938 Flying Scotsman set have a buffet as well as the usual triplet restaurant car?

Thane of Fife

There really are so many gullible buyers out there that I cease to amaze at the prices they are prepared to pay for some items. Whlist I agree that high pricers are very irritating, at least they are up front and discourage the majority of right thinking potential buyers. It is the items which begin at reasonable prices and then are bid up to ridiculous amounts - often by novice users of eBay - that encourage the unwary. Don't people try looking for second hand items at exhibitions or model shops anymore? Do people no longer work to a budget?

I find that genuine bargains on eBay, particularly in n gauge, are increasingly difficult to secure.

If people are tempted to bid 'caveat emptor' is worth keeping at the forefront of one's mind.

Andy

****** Please read the description very carefully then you are fully aware of what you are buying ******

O.K, always good advice. Who doesn't do that? Anyway the title of the item is pretty confusing, so I was going to anyway to make sure I understood what it was they're selling. So, let's go. What've you got?

Bachmann track pack.

Oh. Uh...right.

Edited by Vanders

• RMweb Premium