RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Found this!. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-KIT-BUILT-BR-0-6-0-CLASS-87XX-PANNIER-TANK-LOCO-8702-WEATHERED-mw-/371061457793?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5664fc8381

This bit is funny;This loco has been repainted and weathered to an excellent standard. 

Yer if you are i a dark room!

it looks like a passing bird did its business on it

Found this!. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-KIT-BUILT-BR-0-6-0-CLASS-87XX-PANNIER-TANK-LOCO-8702-WEATHERED-mw-/371061457793?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5664fc8381

This bit is funny;This loco has been repainted and weathered to an excellent standard. 

Yer if you are i a dark room!

He has also stated that it is Hornby so I could not resist asking him the question:-
Dear gostude,
You describe this as Bachmann and branded as Hornby.
You also say it is kit-built.
Which is it?

I am not holding my breath for a reply!!!!!!
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-350-KIT-BUILT-BR-2-6-4-CLASS-4MT-TANK-LOCO-80151-WEATHERED-mx-/371052112155?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item56646de91b#ht_1112wt_927

Seems now that "crapped on by seagulls (new standard for weathering???)" and having a few detailing parts added constitutes "KIT BUILT"!!!

EDIT: You can buy the new boxed/revised version DCC ready from Hattons for 84 quid! Surely a better 15 quid saving over this sad example ;)

Wonder if Bachmann know they produce kit built 4MTs! :jester:  :jester:

I think it's supposed to be lime stains (though I agree it looks more like passing seagulls), which begs the question why from the chimney and down the bunker and smokebox door? and why is the rest of the loco so clean, when suffering this level of neglect?

I think it's supposed to be lime stains (though I agree it looks more like passing seagulls), which begs the question why from the chimney and down the bunker and smokebox door? and why is the rest of the loco so clean, when suffering this level of neglect?

The crew went on strike half way through cleaning?

• RMweb Gold

Does the Trades Description Act apply on Ebay - even to sellers such as this one?

Does the Trades Description Act apply on Ebay - even to sellers such as this one?

Don't see why not, especially to someone who is clearly in business as a trader, but someone has to enforce it.

In this case, when his words are so clearly contradicted by the lovely clear photos of the cracks, would anyone in their right mind buy it so they could sue?

Keith

Hmm, not sure I see the problem really?? It is in mint condition best I can tell...

unless you've an issue with that BLOODY GREAT CRACK IN THE BODY!!! :jester:

I do agree with Chris though, I too purchased from this seller in the past and his items have been flawless and generally excellent if not seemingly unused new-old-stock quality.

Have Emailed the seller about it. Have purchased from him in the past and his items have always been excellent as description and well packed don't know how his missed this one

Item ended by the seller at 15:36 - no longer available.

Should have gone to Specsavers  :jester:

Those sellers who simply can't handle a camera (or think that their mobile phone one is more capable than it actually is) never fail to amuse......

The item is not a lot of use without the matching worm in any case, even if one knew what it is and £3 seems rather a lot for postage.

Should have gone to Specsavers  :jester:

Those sellers who simply can't handle a camera (or think that their mobile phone one is more capable than it actually is) never fail to amuse......

I must admit, HT, that my camera dates everything 01/01/2007...... makes searching for downloaded piccys all the more interesting.... :senile:  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-OO-Model-L205101-LNER-0-6-0T-Class-J50-Pannier-Tank-No-8920-in-Green-VGC-/161324028925?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item258fa953fd#viTabs_0

PHOTO IS LIBRARY ONLY - NOT THE ACTUAL ITEM AS EBAY WON'T LET ME LOAD THE ORIGINAL - THIS ONE IS BETTER WITH GOLD LINING.

Why would ebay not allow the uploading of a photograph?